chapter 35 - better with her

Collins POV

It has been a week since me and my team won state. I am so happy that we were able to win state considering we were so close to winning it last year but fell short. Riley was close to ruining the day for me, but seeing the look on her face when we won was the best. Well second best, the first was seeing Riven punch her in the face.

I wanted to punch her in the face since the first day Riven told me what she did to her, but seeing Riven do it was much more satisfying. Since that day she has not tried anything with either of us. I guess she isn't as powerful as she thought she was.

My parents had a huge celebration the next day at ours for my team. All my friends were there and my teammates' families. It was really fun to celebrate with everyone. It was especially fun when Riven pulled me away for our own special celebration.

Now that it is getting close to the end of the school year we are all getting a bit excited and sentimental. Nico and Simon are both graduating and going to be leaving for college while the rest of us still have one more year. Nico won't be too far since he will be playing football for UCLA, but Simon will be far.

Saylor is a bit more sad than us. Since New Year her and Simon officially started dating and after graduation he is going to school in Michigan. They have been attached at the hip trying to spend as much time together before he leaves.

I honestly don't know how they are going to do the long distance or how they are going to do it while at different schools. I honestly can't even think about going to separate schools from Levi or Saylor let alone how me and Riven will be separate.

We have been talking about colleges. I have received some offers from various schools around the country since freshman year and after state I started to receive more. Riven has also received some offers. I don't know if we will be going to the same college or not. We both have been avoiding the question of if we want to go to the same school or not.

"Collins" someone shakes my arm lightly. "Collins"

"Hmm?" I turn to see it is Riven. "Sorry what?"

"Are you okay?" she looks concerned.

"Um yeah I was just thinking about something"

"What were you thinking about?"

"It's nothing" I can tell she wants me to talk to her about it but I don't want to bring anything up right now. "I promise it's nothing" I peck her lips.

"Are they just going to be making out until graduation?" Levi asks and we turn our attention to where he was looking. Saylor and Simon were making out against a tree. We were all in the courtyard during our break.

"Probably" Nico replies. "I mean I would be doing the same if me and my girlfriend knew we were going to break up after graduation"

"Wait what? They aren't breaking up" I look at Nico with confusion.

"Did Saylor not tell you guys?"

"Tell us what?" Levi asks.

"They decided to break up when Simon goes off to college"

"Why?" Dani asks.

"They think that the distance will be too much and they don't want to hold each other back. I mean I don't agree with it but it isn't my decision"

"I mean I can understand that" Riven says making me turn to her. Does that mean that we will break up when both go to college? Is that what she wants?

"I-I um I gotta go. I'll see you after class" I get up quick and leave.