chapter 8 - close

Collins POV

It is finally the day of my date with Riven. I am so excited. I could barely sleep last night with all the anticipation I had. I know I see her everyday, but I am excited to see her outside of school, alone.

It is lunch time and we are all sitting at our table in the cafeteria. Riven has gotten close with everyone and is now part of the group. I am really happy that my friends like her.

"So what is the plan for this weekend?" Saylor asks.

"Yeah I definitely want to go out" Simon says.

"Oh we should go skydiving!" Levi answers.

"Okay, how about something that doesn't require me to jump out of a plane" Saylor replies.

"Fine. Oh Jack Harlow is performing tomorrow!"

"I love Jack Harlow. I'm down" Simon says.

"Aren't the tickets going to be really expensive since it is the day before the concert?" Riven asks.

"They are $1000. Not bad. So are you guys down?" Nico asks as he is on Ticketmaster.

"Yeah! I'll venmo you the money"

"Yeah me too"

"Already sent"

"Um I can't. I have a lot of homework to catch up on, but you guys have fun. Let me know how it goes" Riven responds.

I know that she doesn't actually have to catch up on homework because this girl always gets her homework done way before it is due.

I don't say anything because I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. And I know if I offer to pay for her ticket she will say no.

"Yeah I can't go either. Mr. Andrews gave us a stupid project that I haven't even started" I respond.

"See, this is why you don't take AP classes" Levi says.

"Aw okay. Well maybe we can do something different" Saylor suggests.

"Nah it is all cool you guys go. Me and Riven will join next time" I say smiling at Riven.

The bell rings for our last class. I know I probably should be listening to what my teacher is saying but I do not care. I am too focused on my date.

I am picking Riven up at 5. I have to go home first and get ready. I told her to wear something casual. She keeps trying to get details of the date out of me but I gave her none. It is a surprise.

School finally finishes and I am on my way home to get ready. I decided to wear an oversized hoodie with some jeans, Nike dunks and curled my hair.

I knock on her front door waiting for her to answer. Mrs. Dagger opens up and happily greets me.

"Collins! Nice to see you again. Come on in"

"Hello Mrs. Dagger, how are you doing?" I ask as I walk in.

"I am doing good. How are you sweetheart?"

"I am doing great. Thank you for asking"

"So what are the plans for you girls tonight"

"Well that is actually a surprise"

"Yeah she won't tell me anything" Riven says as she walks down the stairs.

She is wearing a white graphic tee with some cuffed jeans and navy converse. Her hair has beach waves that are falling on the sides of her face. She is so beautiful.

"No that is the point of a surprise"

"Well you girls have fun and be safe" Mrs. Dagger says as we walk to my car.