Chapter Fifty Nine

A certain golden lion was currently trying to get some sleep the best he could but his mind was filled with nightmares at night most of the times, most of them were of the mad king raping his wife Rhaella, he could still hear her cries and pleads

But tonight was different, for the first time in forever he dreamt of something peaceful.

The golden lion opened his eyes and found himself in a room, he looked around at his surroundings confused wondering where he was.

Suddenly, a loud wail came from nearby… he walked towards the noise and his eyes widened in shock as he saw his little ice wolf in front of him looking more beautiful than before.

Well, as beautiful as a woman in pain could be. She was giving birth to his heir or heirs! Beside the ice dragon was a handmaiden he did not know of, whispering encouragement to the suffering teen.

Jaime rushed over to her side holding her hand and stroking a hand in her hair, " Push your grace, push " the midwife said.

His little ice wolf nodded and started to push again, grunting out in pain while she did.

“I'm right here, Lya. " he called out.

" Please don't leave me " she sobbed out turning her head  to look at him.

" Never, I'll never let you go again " Jaime said fiercely.

His little ice wolf smiled tearfully at him before started to push hard this time while squeezing his hand.

A baby wail soon filled the room,  " It's a boy your grace " the midwife said showing them their baby

His eyes widened in shock, " a boy, his son a child he could call his own "

Lyarra let out a happy sob at the news, the midwife began to clean the little lion off before handing him to his mother's arms.

His little ice wolf held their son closely and  stared down at him in awe, a smile spread across her beautiful tired face.

" He's perfect, " Lyarra exclaimed.

" Yes, he is " Jaime responded with a smile resting a hand on the back of their son's head.

A few moments of silence went by before he tilted his head up staring at her and soon spoke up, " I love you, Lya  I'm so sorry for all the pain I caused you please give me another chance to be a better man for you and our son "

She turned to look at him, tears beginning to well in her eyes, " Oh, Jaime if only it was that simple "

" It can be, please just give me another chance, don't leave me again " Jaime pleaded.