Chapter Eighty Six

。☆✼★━━━━━━ - ━━━━━━★✼☆。

                      King's Landing

Euphraise walked briskly towards the Tower of the Hand, her mood soured by the sudden interruption of her scholarly hour. She wore a pale green, kimono-style gown not unlike Cersei's, although the sleeveless fully covered her shoulders. It was embroidered with emerald stones that depicted leaves that cascaded down the sleeves until the elbow. Keeping the gown together was a white string invisible to the eye, decorated with a silver belt engraved with two lions facing each other. Her long, dark hair was in a single braid, a simple, silver circle adorning her forehead.

Tywin Lannister awaited her presence, sitting on one of the crimson chairs across a table filled with paperwork and a
small chess board.

"Lord Hand. " Euphraise greeted, giving her father-by-law a curtsy.

"No need for such formalities, Euphraise. Have a seat." he
offered.

Euphraise followed his seemingly innocuous offer,  "To what do I owe you the pleasure? "

"To congratulate you, of course. Joffrey has informed me that you are expecting a child. "

"... Yes, what of it?"

Euphraise's voice held a hint of annoyance as she took a seat opposite Tywin. She preferred to be with her lion now rather than meeting with her father-in-law.

Tywin leaned back in his chair, his gaze steady and calculating. "What of it?" he repeated, in a mocking tone. "It means that the Lannister bloodline will continue. It means my legacy will continue."

Euphraise felt anger rise in her at hearing his words. She had no desire to be a pawn in the Lannisters' tumble for power and control. She had married Tyrion out of love, not as a pawn. She wouldn't let the Lannister use her child as a pawn either.

"I am not a broodmare, Lord Hand," she said, her voice firm, holding a bit of anger to it. " And, my child will be no pawn in your game.

Tywin's eyes narrowed, his expression turning cold. "You forget your place, Lady  Euphrasie. You are a Lannister now, your duty is to provide heirs for House Lannister. Your child will be born into the wealthiest powerful family in Westeros.

Euphraise felt a surge of boldness rises within her. She had always been an independent woman of intelligence. She refused to bend to the Lannister's will.

The Tyrell girl cleared her throat and spoke. " Yes, but my child will also be a Tyrell.