Chapter Ninety Two

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

          ━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

It was an early breezy morning, Elaena was riding on horseback beside Daenerys and Arya, Sansa rode behind her with Ser Sandor much to her shock.

The old Lannister guard has all but pledged his loyalty to their cause offering them his support. The Ice Dragon didn't quite trust the soldier just yet and was still suspicious of him.

Daenerys had thought him to be a spy sent by Joffrey much to Sandor's disgust. He was done serving that golden shit of a bastard, after many years of being his guard he would rather die by cremation than serve that king again.

"Meereen, another slave city. " muttered Daenerys as she spotted the huge gateway up ahead. A gasp escaped from Arya's lips: she swore she saw something shadowy pass by, as a hundred and sixty-three crosses lined both sides of the gateway, each containing slaves.

"No, how cruel! " Sansa exclaimed.

Elaena and Daenerys hop off their horse and walk towards the sight.  They gazed up and saw bodies of innocent children butchered like dogs hanging up on the gate. Sansa was trying to compose herself, her gaze shifting from terrified, to steely. As for Arya, she swpre that shadowy figure with the head of a jackal was placing his rod over the heads of the innocent dead.

"Arya?" Sansa spoke up, softly.

"Those monsters..."

"No, you look like you have seen something more gastly than corpses. Are you well?"

"No." Arya confessed. Th shadow was moving slowly towards her now, staff in hand, and glowing lights following him as he walked by. "...the Pentoshi gid of death has started collecting his due."

Sandor Clegane did not object to the young wolf's claims; he could see him too, alter ears and all. From behind his group of horse riders, he spotted the old wizard, (Hayate was it?) shuddering. The white-haired Kamakuran noble was well aware that he had lived too long.

While Elaena and Daenerys stared, horrified at the corpses, Arya had started to shake for her own reasons. Somehow, her horse had stopped moving, and the shadowy lord of death was right in front of her, his staff blocking her path.

"G-go away!" she squeaked, earning her a harsh glare from the god. He stretched out a hand, and pressed it on the area where the young Stark she-wolf's beating heart lay.

" Heavy weighs the heart of a killer, heavier still, should you rob the departed souls, faces that they wore in life." And just like that, his cold hand left her heart be, and he walked past, collecting the souls of innocents.

Had he seen something? Arya had the urge to fiddle with her pockets, and fish out her coin to Bravos. She stared after the god, who also looked back.