Chapter Ninety One

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

In Braavos, a certain dragon-claimed conqueror was standing outside in a tent gathered around with his trustworthy advisors and allies, the young male dragon was looking over a large map of Westeros, trying to find where to strike first.

" Your grace, I suggest we sail to Dragonstone first, take your ancestral lands back first " Harry Strickland spoke up.

" Stannis Baratheon's army is spread too thin after the defeat of the Blackwater." He added.

Young Griff nodded approving of this plan knowing it would be best to start small. " Yes, that would be a wise plan.

" Afterwards, your grace, I suggest you move on to securing the Eyrie and Crownlands." Jon Connington said.

Griff glanced up at his uncle, staring at him with a deep look. " I don't wish to rule over a graveyard, Uncle."

Jon nodded understanding his nephew's point, but hoped he would understand not everyone would support his cause and would rebel against him. The sooner the kingdom is secure the better, they must be reminded a Targaryen will rule again.

He cleared his throat and spoke. " I understand your grace, but you must know that some battles have to be fought with a sword in hand.

The young Targaryen nodded knowing his uncle had some points. " Hopefully, it won't have to come to that."

" The golden company can conquer the Crownlands for you  within days, your grace." Harry Strickland boasted, gesturing to thousands of men outside.

The soldiers in question looked... impressive; fit for Young Griff's taste. Like the name suggested, their armor was made of gleaming gold though to his disappointment, they were not tarnished. Jon Connington rubbed his forehead; they needed veterans, not some wimps that had not tasted an ounce of bloodmist.

"If you must know, Your Grace, our veterans all but perished in a raid against Kamakura. They got too greedy for gold and ornamental trees, and guess who stopped them, that thrice-damned exile, Fuyutsuki Suguwara himself!"

"Suguwara!? How come no one told me about him?" asked Young Griff.

"My dear dragon, he is nothing but a heretic—"

"---Ser Connington."  warned the commander of the Golden Company. "This man you called heretic is a staunch supporter of that Stark barbarian's daughter. I am telling you this, to prepare His Majesty for the inevitable."

"Elaena Targaryen? Ser Henry, do tell me more!" cried Young Griff, as if he was begging for candy.

:Aegon—"