Chapter Seventy One

Special dedication to ProtonCoccus  for helping me write this chapter, go follow their profile and check out their stories

                           ________

Elaena, Samara and Daniselle travel to meet the  Ghiscari head in command. A few days prior to this, Elaena had informed the Ghiscari to choose their own leader and now as they were gathered around with the officers. Elaena and Samara hopped off their horses and made their way towards Daniselle who was standing in front of three men.

Elaena glanced at them," Are these the officers in charge?" Elaena asked the brunette.

" Yes, your grace " Daniselle said, " The officers you asked for". The officers marched towards the two and bowed in respect.

"  You weren't born in this life nor did you choose it, you are free men now and now can make their own choices. " Elaena told them.  " Have you all come to a decision ? " The Stark Targaryen girl asked, after she was finished  the Ghiscari cleared a path so their leader could make his way through. The man marched toward them and bowed, placing his spears on the ground as their respect.

" Could you please remove your helmet, so that we may lay eyes on your face, " Samara asked the men.

" I don't take orders from you, my lady, " The man said.

Samara glanced over to Elaena, " He won't listen to me, only you."

" Would you mind taking off your helmet, if you're comfortable with doing so? " Elaena asked softly.

The man removed his helmet and approached his leader holding his helmet in respect, he wasn not what the young ice dragon expected. He was young, handsome but again all The Ghiscari were young  though some were in middle aged.

" What is your name? " Elaena questioned.

" Jolothan, " the officer answered, Elaena face frozen for a moment.

" Jolothan " Elaena repeated in a low tone, confused almost at the name. Elaena and Samara glanced over to Daniselle asking them to explain the man's chosen name.

Elaena wanted her officers to be comfortable and free themselves, choose any name they wanted to be called from now on. But, she also wishes to know them more. One thing her father always taught her was to respect and appreciate soldiers for they were the ones laying their lives on the line for them.

Daniselle began speaking, " When Ghiscari are taken from their mother's breast by the masters, they give them names of their chosen that reminds them they are soldiers now nothing more and belong to them."