Chapter Seventy Six

( A chapter on our golden lion)

A certain golden lion was at his wits end; he wanted nothing more than to then just drop dead. There was nothing worth fighting for anymore, his little ice wolf was dead.

She was gone, his beautiful wife was taken from him at the hands of those heretics. Yet, when he tried to play the scenario over and over in his head it didn't make sense to him at all.

What reason did they have to kill her, they were close to one another.  The heretics adored his wife dearly, that wrench friend of hers was protective over her.  What would killing Lyarra gain them?

He started to replay the young wolf's words over and over in his head at his family being the cause of his little wolf's demise. " Your family killed her, Lannister men set fire to the inn where she was staying at."

As he continued to mull over the young wolf's accusation, a mix of emotions washed over him - anger, disbelief, guilt, and sorrow. How could his own family be responsible for the death of his wife? He couldn't shake off the feeling that there was more to the story than what he had heard.

He needs to investigate the matter further and find out the truth. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding or a mistake, and his family was wrongly accused. Or, if they were truly responsible, he needed to confront them and demand an explanation.

Jaime headed towards the bathing chamber upon arriving he saw Brienne in the tub soaking.

Her eyes widened when she saw the kingslayer standing there and instantly covered herself up with her arms, glaring at him she turned around.

" As if I would be interested in a ugly wrench like you " Jaime scoffed.

" What are you doing here? " Brienne demanded, turning around staring at him.

" Taking a bath, what else? " the golden lion repiled, stripping himself of his clothes and got into the water.

She covered her eyes at the sight of his manhood having no desire to see it.

He leaned back against the tub wall enjoying the warmth on his body.

" Find another bath " She hissed.

" This one suits me quite nicely, " Jaime said." If I faint, pull me out. " I don't intend to be the first Lannister to die in a bathtub.

" Why should I care how you die? " Brienne hissed, glaring at him.

" You swore a solemn vow, remember? " Jaime reminded her. " You're supposed to get me to King's Landing in one piece. "Not going so well, is it?