Chapter 13

Jungkook walked down from the stairs. He eyed the whole surrounding, finding the mansion was completely lifeless except Mrs Lim, Mr Lee and the two bodyguards outside.

There's a lot of paintings hanging on the wall, all of them were abstract paintings and seriously, Jungkook really doesn't know how to appreciate them.

He walked down carefully. Fortunately, he got down from the stairs and just walk straight, he reached to the living room. Or else, he might get lost in this big mansion.

He sat down on the couch. A smile appeared on his face when his whole body sinks into the soft cushion of the couch. It's so comfortable to him.

He started to rub his hair with the towel around his neck while staring at the floor blankly.

The floor looks so shiny. I wonder what brand of detergent did they use to clean the floor- "Mister?" Jungkook jumped up in surprise when he heard someone's voice.

He snapped his head to the left, finding the middle aged woman just now, Mrs Lim was smiling at him.

"H-Hello?" Jungkook greeted her, mouth slightly parted and half of his bunny teeth was shown.

Mrs Lim mirrored his smile when she saw the cute startled expression of the boy. "I'm Mrs Lim, how should I address you?"

"Call me Jungkook, Mrs Lim." Jungkook said softly. He watched Mrs Lim placed a bowl that filled with fresh, red juicy strawberries on the small table in front of him.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook." Mrs Lim said. "Yesterday I bought a lots of strawberries from the store. Master Taehyung loves them. Try them too." She said, gestures Jungkook to taste them.

Jungkook nodded his head timidly. He grabbed one of it and bite it, eyes widening instantly when sweet juice filled his mouth up. His eyes sparkled as he tilted his head up, staring at Mrs Lim, "It's so tasty!"

"I'm glad that you like it." Mrs Lim said, smiling widely. "You're Master Taehyung's boyfriend right?"

Jungkook choked on the strawberry juice after he heard what Mrs Lim said. He coughed loudly, face turning red.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry." She pulled out a few sheets of tissue from the tissue box and handed it to Jungkook, "I know young people are all shy about relationships now. I completely understand."

"N-No-" "I'll open the TV for you." She grabbed the remote control and switched opened the TV, "Enjoy the strawberry, Mister Jungkook." She said and walked away.

Jungkook didn't got the chance to protest. He sighed loudly. What's wrong with them? Why they keep on assuming I'm Taehyung's boyfriend?

But Jungkook's attention was quick to divert to the cartoon that was playing on the TV. He stared at the screen with his wide doe eyes, giggling a little when a funny scene came up.

While Mrs Lim on the other hand, started humming a random melody while wiping the kitchen island. She was so happy when he saw Jungkook.

"Jungkook, Jungkook." She called out the name for a few times, "Kim Jungkook. Oh my god, sounds so perfect!"

🌹🌹🌹

Taehyung got down from the stairs after shower. He went to the living room and the first thing he saw was Jungkook, staring at the TV screen with his wide doe eyes. The boy was so immersed in watching the cartoon. He was holding a half eaten strawberry on his right hand.

His hair was still wet, completely forgot to dry his hair.

Taehyung shook his head in defeat. "Baby." He called out.

Jungkook almost jumped up when he heard Taehyung's voice. He snapped his head to the left, staring at Taehyung. "Ahjussi!" He called out.

"What did I tell you just now? Dry you hair." Taehyung grabbed the towel around Jungkook's neck and placed it on his head. He sat down beside the boy and started rubbing his hair with the towel.

Jungkook whined a little. "You're too harsh! Be softer." He complained, lips jutted out, "And I can dry it myself-" "Just watch your cartoon, baby highness."

Heat rushed up to Jungkook's cheeks. He made a hmph sound, again focused on the TV.

Taehyung rubbed Jungkook's hair gently. After a few moments when he feel his hair dried down a little. He put the wet towel away. "By the way, baby. Do you want some soju?"

"Why did you ask?" Jungkook asked him, feeling rather confused with the male's question.

"Just now you cried so badly, I feel like I could be a good listener for you to pour your feelings out." Taehyung winked at Jungkook, "Soju is the best drink for us to have a talk."

Jungkook pursed his lips into a thin line. He hesitated for a few seconds, soon he nodded his head. He's craving for alcohol too. "Let's have it."

"Great. We can take our time to get know to each other more." Taehyung said before getting up from the couch. He went to the kitchen then brought back a few bottle of soju. He placed them on the table and gave one of it to Jungkook.

Jungkook mumbled a small thank you to the male. He opened the cap of the bottle, and he heard a complete silence. Taehyung turned off the TV.

"So..." Taehyung sat on the couch and opened one of bottle of soju, "How long have you been working in your cafe?"

"2 to 3 years if I'm not mistaken." Jungkook replied, taking a sip of the cold drink. "You live alone here? Where's your eomma and appa?"

"I found them annoying so I brought a house on my own. They didn't want to live with me too." Taehyung let out a small chuckle, "My mother loves to travel around. They took me as a burden that will interrupt their lovely moments."

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung's statement. "You must be really close to them." He said, slight sadness could be heard in his tone.

"Yeah. They're... lovely despite sometimes are too annoying for me." Taehyung said, "What about your parents?" He asked.

Jungkook's body visibly froze at Taehyung's question. He raised the bottle up and gulped down a huge amount of liquid. "They only want money... Once they got money, they treat me as their son. So I tried all my best to earn money for them. They put me in arranged marriage in order to get money too." He said plainly, but his eyes hold so many sadness.

They were engulfed by silence after that. Taehyung doesn't know what to say. He can't believe such a cheerful sweetheart that always has positive vibes have terrible parents. He stared at Jungkook, but the boy kept his head tugged down.

"I don't know how to comfort you." Taehyung said, after a long silence. He reached his hand out and placed it on Jungkook's head. "But I can tell our baby highness is doing great job to live his life well despite having terrible parents."

Jungkook sniffled a little. His held his tears, slowly raising his head up. He stared at Taehyung with his red teary eyes. "T-Thank you, ahjussi."

"Such a crybaby." Taehyung muttered, using the pad of his thumb to wipe off a tear that slipped out from Jungkook's eyes. "You already cried so much earlier. Why did you cry just now huh?"

"Had a fight with my husband." Jungkook muttered with his pouty lips. He sniffled, raising his soju up, "Let's drink all the pain away!!"

"You sure?" Taehyung asked, "One soju is enough, baby. I'm afraid your alcohol tolerance-" "Oh I have great alcohol tolerance! Don't you worry about that!"