Chapter 28

Jungkook walked back to the living room, finding Taehyung still standing rather awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"I'll get you an ice pack." Jungkook said softly after glancing at Taehyung's swollen cheek. He headed to the kitchen and took an ice pack from the fridge.

He headed back to the kitchen. He stifled a small laugh when he saw Taehyung still standing. "Sit down, Taehyung."

Taehyung quickly sat down, staring at Jungkook with his almond brown eyes, "Are you okay, Jungkook?" He asked eagerly.

"Perfectly fine." Jungkook mumbled. He pressed the ice pack against Taehyung's cheek, making the older male hissed in pain at the sudden coldness.

Jungkook almost dropped the ice pack when he heard Taehyung's hiss. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! It's really painful right? Maybe I should get something else-" he stood up, stopping when Taehyung grabbed his wrist.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I just got startled because the ice is too cold." Taehyung assured, smiling a little. He pulled Jungkook back to the seat and placed the ice pack against his cheek.

"See? I'm alright now!" Taehyung said, raising his eyebrows.

Jungkook let out a sigh in defeat, smiling. But soon his smile fell when he saw the small scratch on Taehyung's cheek.

"Band aid..." Jungkook muttered. He bent down a little as he took out a band aid from the drawer. He tear off the small package, fishing out the band aid from the paper wrappings.

"I'm not using this thing." Taehyung said when he saw the bunny imprints on the band aid.

Jungkook shot him an unimpressed look. "You can try to resist, but this thing will be on your face no matter what you do." He said. Without waiting for Taehyung's reply, he already pasted the band aid on his cheek.

Taehyung groaned loudly. "I don't need it! It looks stupid!"

"I use this brand of band aid, same bunny imprints every time after I got hurt. Are you saying I'm stupid indirectly?" Jungkook asked, smiling sickeningly sweet.

"Forget what I said. This band aid looks so damn amazing." Taehyung said and Jungkook just nodded in satisfaction.

Silence soon filled up the air after  Taehyung's statement.

"Why did you take the slap?" Jungkook suddenly asked, head tugging down as he began drawing circles with his toe.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked. He put the ice pack away as he stared at Jungkook for reply.

"Well... You could have just hold her hand or maybe slap her back." Jungkook muttered, "I prefer second option. So why did you do that? You will hurt yourself..."

Taehyung let out a small sigh. He leaned his head against the soft cushion of the couch as he stared at the ceiling this time. "I just wanted to protect you."

Jungkook felt billions of butterflies flapping their wings in his stomach after  Taehyung's statement. He turned as he faced Taehyung, staring at his perfectly sculpted face.

"As much as I wanted to slap her back, I still don't know how would you feel against my action. She's your mother, even she never acts like your mother, but I'm sure deep down in your heart, you were hoping she would change someday." Taehyung muttered.

He continued after that, "I wanted to respect everything about you, including your mother. If I have to do something that will affect the people or things that you love, I'll prefer to ask you before doing it. This is my way to show respect to the person I love."

"And why not I hold her hand just now?" Taehyung tilted his head to the left, staring into Jungkook's doe eyes, "I wanted to prove that I will do anything for you, to protect you and gain your trust. Getting a slap from her really did hurt my ego, but..."

"But...?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung with hopeful eyes.

"But..." Taehyung's lips curved up, forming an attractive smile, "Kim Taehyung here is ready to give up everything for the first person that he has fallen for, which's non other that Jeon Jungkook himself."

Heat rushed up to Jungkook's cheeks. He felt so much warmth engulfed his heart. All of the insecurities and fear of changing just disappeared like a whiff of air. Tears started to form in his eyes.

He couldn't stop himself as he jolted up and hugged Taehyung tightly.

Taehyung was taken back by his sudden action. He chuckled, placing his hand on Jungkook's waist. "Calm down baby-" he hasn't got the chance to speak further because Jungkook already planted his lips on Taehyung's lips.

Taehyung was shocked for the first second, but soon he collected his thoughts, deepening the kiss.

They both shared a passionate kiss, with no tongue involved of course. Just pure kiss.

Taehyung placed one of his hand on Jungkook's nape, another hand slides down to Jungkook's thick thigh as he brought the body closer.

Their lips moved in sync. Taehyung was about to complete the rest of the process but Jungkook stopped him by hitting his chest softly.

Taehyung removed his lips from Jungkook's one. He stared at the boy who's now straddling his lap, eyes hooded.

"Eager, aren't we Mr soon to be Kim?" Taehyung whispered.

Jungkook's face cheeks turned redder after Taehyung's statement. His eyes were widened as he slapped Taehyung's chest playfully. "You heard everything didn't you?! How can you eavesdrop other's' conversations?!"

"Well, I'm just afraid that crazy woman will do something bad to you." Taehyung said, shrugging a little.

Jungkook huffed loudly. "That doesn't give you the right to do that." He said, lips turning pouty.

Taehyung smiled at the boy's cuteness. He leaned forward and pecked Jungkook's lips, making the boy giggled out.

"So..." Taehyung stared at Jungkook, hand caressing Jungkook's waist up and down, "Are we boyfriends now?"

"Well..." Jungkook's lips curved up as it formed into a mischievous smile.

"Give me one more kiss and I'll tell you the answer."

❤️🌹
You guys are in love with this chapter aren't you?