Chapter 26

"You acted like a toddler yesterday. Keep on crying and not willing to let me leave you alone for a single second." Jungkook said, laughing a little when he saw Taehyung's pale face.

Taehyung can't believe that. He's a CEO that always wear a cold mask but he just let the younger one saw his embarrass moment yesterday.

"W-What else did I do?" Taehyung stammered.

"Well... When I told you to sleep, you kept on crying. You were hugging me all the time. Then you stood up and buried your face in my neck and..." Jungkook suddenly stopped. His cheeks flushed red when he recalled what happened yesterday.

Taehyung did notice  Jungkook's red cheeks and this sight makes him want to know what else did he do. "And?"

"I'm not telling you the rest of the story." Jungkook murmured, standing up.

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's wrist and pulled the boy back. You can call this as a reflex action.

Jungkook let out a yelp at the sudden action of the man. He fell back, landing straight to Taehyung's lap. His face got redder at this position.

Seems like Taehyung was also taken back by this position as his cheeks were getting pink. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist. "Tell me." He said, managed to say out without stuttering.

"Let me go first." Jungkook said but Taehyung shook his head.

"Tell me first."

Jungkook's face getting redder and redder. He decided to push Taehyung away but he underestimated Taehyung's strength.

They stayed in this position for a few minutes, until Jungkook finally could stand this awkwardness.

"Fine!! You kissed my neck and keep on sniffing it and keep on saying I smell like strawberries and you said you like strawberries and you left a stupid hickey on my neck and I have to wear turtleneck sweater to cover it even though it's summer right now!!" Jungkook blurted out, saying the whole sentence without stopping. He gasped out in shock, covering his mouth with his palm.

He wasn't planning to say Taehyung gave him a hickey!

Taehyung's eyes were widened until maximum. Heat rushed up to his cheeks, same goes to Jungkook. Both of them blushed and none of them speaks.

Taehyung wanted to start a conversation, so many something that can ease the awkwardness. "I-I see... I'm sorry for that-" Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

Jungkook never felt so relief. "I-I'll got get it." He said and got down from Taehyung's lap. He ran away with full speed.

The doorbell rang a few times again, seems like the one who rang the doorbell was really impatient.

"Coming!!" Jungkook yelled. He opened the door without hesitation.

"What can I help you-..." Jungkook's face dropped when he saw the person who stood in front of him. "Mom?"

"Took you so long to open the door."  Mrs Jeon complained. She walked inside with her hands crossed over her chest. She scanned the whole house, feeling dissatisfied with the size.

"I though Jimin will give you a bigger house." She said while sitting down on the couch.

Jungkook laughed awkwardly. "D-Do you want something to drink?" He asked.

"I got no time for this shit. Sit down. We need to talk about the divorce paper right now." His mother said, motioning Jungkook to sit.

Jungkook followed her instructions. He sat down timidly. It's like his mother was the owner of the house but not him. His head tugged down, not willing to see his mother's terrifying gaze.

"What did you do this time? Why would Jimin divorce you?" Mrs Jeon asked. Her voice was strict and loud, making Jungkook feels uncomfortable.

"It's not my fault... He just... wants to divorce me." Jungkook muttered, fiddling his fingers. He flinched, body jumped up a little when his mother banged her fist on the table.

"There must be a reason and it must be your fault." His mother said, glaring at Jungkook, "You better tell me the truth."

Jungkook calmed his thumping heart down. He took a deep breath before continue, "He cheated behind me..."

Silence engulfed them after Jungkook's statement. His mother suddenly scoffed, then letting out a chuckle.

"Pathetic."

Jungkook felt millions of knives just stabbed his heart when he heard his mother's cold voice.

"So pathetic." Mrs Jeon shook her head, "I bet the reason he cheated is because you didn't play a good husband role. You're not even attractive enough to have his heart! If it wasn't for money, I wouldn't even let you marry him. I felt so ashamed when I agreed the marriage between him and you. I felt so sorry for Jimin, for making you his husband."

Tears flowed down from Jungkook's eyes after his mother's statement. He sniffled, heart aching badly at his mother's words.

"W-Why? Why do you always say such harsh and hurtful words to me? I'm now getting cheated, I'm not the one who cheats!" Jungkook argued, standing up from the seat.

"Do I look like I care about who cheats behind who?" His mother stood up also, "I just hate it when you couldn't even do one single thing right. Such a failure!"

"Yes. I'm a failure. But you're a failure as a mother too!!" Jungkook shouted back.

"How dare you say that to me?!" Mrs Jeon screamed. Her eyes were widened as she raised up her hand, wanting to slap Jungkook.

Jungkook just closed his eyes, waiting for the slap to come.

A few seconds passed by. Jungkook did hear a slapping sound, but he didn't receive any pain. Slowly, he opened back his eyes.

His eyes widened as a saucers when he saw a built and familiar body, which's belongs to no one except Taehyung, stood in front of him.

Taehyung took the slap for him.