Chapter 27

Arnav moved his lips close to her face and pecked one of her cheeks. Then moved to the other one. Then he moved his face a little back and whispered,

"Thank You Khushi for saving me"

Saying that he let her go by moving his hands back. Khushi sat there with mixed emotions. She felt disappointed. She was hoping for something else. Unfortunately for Khushi, her face gave away her emotions.

Since she never had to deal with this kind of situation, her emotions weren't trained to hide the aftermath. Arnav smirked looking at her face. He knew he disappointed her but he should not go into a path where he will drain himself without knowing where the path is headed.

"Shall we go out Miss Gupta? or do you want us to spend the rest of the day inside my room?"

"What? Huh? Oh, let's go"

Khushi quickly composed herself. But the anger she felt was still fuming inside. How dare he?

"Get up Mr Raizada, I don't have the whole day"

"Aren't you going to help me?"

"You yourself said you are not a kid and you don't need help. So help yourself"

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?"

"Your reply to that. I have been shot, etc etc"

"Here, take my hand and get up"

Khushi extended her hand and Arnav grabbed it while getting up.

"By the way Khushi, if I knew a bullet will do the work, I wouldn't have wasted my time and resources to draft that contract"

"What are you talking about?"

"It only took a bullet for you to offer your hand. Here I was wasting my time on a silly contract"

"Do not act smart with me Mr Raizada, I swear to god, the day your wounds are healed and you are back to normal, I am going pull the trigger on you"

Arnav chuckled at her comment making Khushi angrier. He walked closer and then moved his lips to the side of her face.

"I know the real reason behind this anger Khushi. I assure you, the day is not far and I promise not to disappoint you on that day"

His voice gave her chills. She was not a fool. She knew exactly what he was talking and once again, her face gave away. She blushed. Khushi couldn't help it or she didn't know how to hide it.

"As I said earlier Miss Gupta, pink does suit you"

Saying that Arnav slowly walked out of his room. Khushi quickly turned around to face the mirror and saw what he was saying.

"Damn you face. Are you on my side or his?"

Khushi took her phone out and texted Akash,

"Akash, I really need to talk to you. Please give me a call"

Texting Akash suddenly reminded her of the conversation she and Arnav had about his brother.

"Oh my god, I totally forget about that. I must dig deep into that. I wish I can share my assumptions with someone"

"Khushi, who are you talking to?"

"Oh NK, sorry I didn't realise you are here. I was leaving"

"That's fine. I just met Arnav, he is having his breakfast by the poolside. I am going to join him, do you want to come?"

"Sure, let's go"

"By the way, who were you talking to?"

"Myself"