11; excuse

An exhausted Peter got home from school and fell on his dingy mattress. The bags under his eyes felt like they were growing every single day.

"Mmmm I should write that English paper." He mumbled, already drifting off to sleep.

"Petey?" The spider was woken up by a gentle knock on his door.

"Hmph?"

"Dinners ready." May said.

He got up, still a little groggy from his nap, and he'd forgotten all about his English essay. Due. Today.

Peter and his aunt shared a simple spaghetti, but it was still so good. Something about her cooking was so comforting- like a warm embrace after being, and feeling alone for so long.

"How was work?"

"Long." May grumbled, clearly exhausted.

Peter gave her a nod, trying to understand.

After finishing the dishes, while his aunt was watching some television- because he refused to let her help, he went back to his tiny bedroom.

He sat down, his ribs hurting too much for him to lie down. The boy took a quick look at the spots underneath the binder, which did not look good. There was black and blue bruising all around it, and it hurt him to lightly brush against it.

"That's not good." He mumbled.

Deciding that it was for the best, he shoved the binder off, even though dysphoria was being an absolute asshole.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Peter woke up the following day, still in the same clothes as yesterday. He fell asleep before doing any of his nighttime routine. The boy got up, got changed into different clothes, and put his binder back on. After quickly brushing his teeth, he had breakfast with May. 

"I made plans with a friend tonight, is that alright?"

"Of course Petey! With MJ?" She asked.

"No. With uhm- With Wade." He said hesitantly.

She nodded, not making a big deal out of it- thank God. 

"After school, you can go to Tony's, I'm gonna be at work."

Peter put his plate in the dishwasher and grabbed his backpack from the bedroom. The spider slipped on his converse- that were falling apart at this point, and ran out the door, on his way to school. He ran into Ned along the way, and they walked the last bit together, talking about the new action movie with  Reynolds in it. The two had maths together and sat with MJ. 

"Did you guys do the homework?" MJ whispered.

"We had homework?" Peter asked, yawning.

MJ shook her head, slightly chuckling.

"And I was gonna ask if I could copy yours since you're the smartest."

They chatted for a little while until the Math teacher came in- 15 minutes late though. He started unloading his stuff and booted up his computer. At this point, Peter had already stopped paying attention to the man, and instead was drawing in MJ's book.

"Alrighty guys, take your books to page 76."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Peter took the subway to the tower after school, music blasting in his cheap ear buds in an attempt to drown out some of the city noise.

He got in the elevator with Natasha, and they went up to the living room floor in silence. The boy took one step out of the elevator, before his dad turned to look at him with anger.

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER." Tony yelled.

"Oof, good luck." Natasha said before quickly taking the elevator back to a different floor.

"Oh god what did I do??"

His heartbeat was going through the roof, and his ears were ringing. Peter didn't handle people yelling at him very well.

"Care to explain to me why you got a ZERO on your English essay?"

Shit. Oh fuck oh shit. He completely forgot that.

"I'm sorry I forgot about it-"

"Jesus what is up with you Peter."

Hot tears were streaming down his pale face, his blue eyes looked up to meet his dads.

"Peter are you even trying?"

Hearing that, anger filled the spiders entire body. How dare this fucking guy even ask that. He knows how fucking hard everything is right now.

"What."

"Am I trying?"

"What the fuck do you think? Do you think I like being depressed? Do you think I enjoy failing my classes? Do you think I choose to be this way???"

"Peter don't use that fucking excuse again!" Tony snapped back.

"EXCUSE????"

"You heard me."

The boy stormed off to his room, throwing his backpack on the floor, but he heard Tony's heavy footsteps follow him. Quickly, he grabbed his phone to call Wade.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Wade's phone started to ring from the other room, and he shut off the television to go answer it.

*incoming call from: 'peter'*

[PETER IS CALLING US YAY]

[Probably to cancel our date.]

[SHUT THE FUCK UP.]

"Hey Peter!" Wade answered the call.

"Hi, Wade." Peter said, out of breath.

The mercenary heard a door slam open on the other side of the call.

"Hey- I know we were meeting in like an hour, but you think you could pick me up now?"

"Ofcourse!"

Wade was about to ask where to pick him up, when the vicious yelling started again.

"Youre not going anywhere with those grades!" He heard a man yell.

"You know what? If you gave a fuck anything other than my grades, you might actually be proud of me one day." The spider screamed back, sobbing inbetween words.

[Peter?]

[Our poor Petey.]

[Our????]

"Peter where are you?"

"Stark Tower." He mumbled.

"Be there in 10." Wade said, before ending the call.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

a/n : this and the next chapter originally were supposed to be one chapter, but it was a bit long and i felt the tones were too different to keep it one chapter.

wade x peter : only youOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara