2. Routine

"Katsamonnat Namwirote," The teacher called out as she handed out the answer sheets.

A petite teenager came forward with a smile and accepted the answer sheet.

The teacher continued to distribute the answer sheets. Students were busy checking their answer sheets.

"This time, both Katsamonnat and Natouch have scored the same total score and are tied for first place. Keep up the good work both of you" The teacher clapped her hands smiling widely.

"Khrab, Achaan" The two bench mates smiled politely at their homeroom teacher. 

"Way to go twins" A pale boy from the back bench shouted as he clapped his hands with all his might as he cheered.

"I would be happy to see if you would have shown this much enthusiasm in your studies, Warut. You have barely passed every subject." The teacher said shooting a glance at the boy.

"Thank you, Achaan" The boy shamelessly stood up and bowed and waved at the whole class.

The students booed and laughed at his actions.

The school bell dismissed the class. Students packed up and left one by one.

The two nerds on the front bench walked out of the class together.

The backbencher came in between them and put each of his hands over their shoulder as they walked down the school corridor.

"Hey, guys what are you doing today evening? I heard that a new ice cream shop opened across the street. Let's go check it out." A fair girl walked over to the trio.

"Sorry, Sammy. I will have to go. I have a meeting with the cheerleading club. Maybe we can go some other day" The petite boy said apologetically.

"What about you, Fluke? Are you coming? " Sammy asked the boy next to her.

"No, I have to go to practice in the music club. We are performing at P' Por's sister's wedding. He has agreed to pay us extra if we manage to impress the groom's party." The other nerd said with a cheeky smile. His eyes shone at the mention of money.

"Aw." Sammy felt disappointed " And you? " She turned to the last boy.

"Today is Thursday, I have to go to practice. " The boy shrugged.

"All three of you are ditching me again" Sammy pouted.

"We are sorry, Sammy." Fluke apologized.

"Hey chubs, is that a pimple on your forehead?" The pale boy reached out his hands toward Sammy's face.

Sammy slapped his hands away as she used her other hand to cover her forehead hiding her pimples. "Shit Prem. No wonder Kate never gave you a second glance. You don't know how to talk to girls"

"Who considers you a girl" Prem scoffed.

"You... " Sammy used her empty bottle to hit Prem.

Prem easily dodged Sammy's attacks. "Don't play innocent. I know you are not going to the ice cream shop to check it out. But to drool over the male staff over there." He struck out his tongue.

This had successfully agitated Sammy. She started chasing Prem with her bottle in one hand.

The two of them ran around in circles.

After a while, Prem understood that he couldn't escape Sammy's claws. He ran and hid behind the petite boy.

"Earth save me!" He panted as he was using the petite boy as a human shield.

"Sammy stop it. You know how this idiot is. Don't mind him." Earth tried to pacify the girl.

"Hmph" Sammy turned away. " I am letting you go this time because I don't want to waste my energy on you"

Prem peeked from behind Earth and struck his tongue out. "Oh, I thought that it was because you didn't want your makeup to be ruined. You look like you just took a bath in your foundation"

"Earth... Look at him" Sammy pointed her finger at Prem and whined.

"Sammy, don't mind him. Though I do feel that your makeup does look a little thick" Earth commented.

"Really? " Sammy pulled out a portable mirror to check her face.

"Oh? When I said that you were whining. Now you hear the same from Earth you take it seriously. Hmph. Talk about double standards." Prem scoffed.

"It's because of the way you talk. Every word that comes out of your mouth is irritating. Unlike our sweet little Earth, he knows what to say and how to say it. He understands girls well and knows about the art of makeup. You, on the other hand, have no knowledge about makeup whatsoever." Sammy said as she adjusted her makeup.

"Whatever you say. " Prem couldn't care less about Sammy's reasoning. 

"Where's Fluke? "

"Look, he is in between the herd of girls. I don't know what these girls see in him when I the handsome hunk is here. " Prem put his hands in his pocket as he watched girls swamping over to Fluke with different kinds of snacks and gifts.

"He is smart, cute, handsome, and good at both music and sports. He even has good manners that someone else here does seem to have." Sammy said mockingly.

"Hey chubs, you... " Prem pointed his finger at Sammy.

Earth pulled back Prem, who was about to start a fight. "Don't get started again."

Both Prem and Sammy hmphed and looked in opposite directions.

"You two are really like Tom and Jerry." Earth let out a chuckle and shook his head. Their bickering and Earth playing the peacemaker had become a routine for him.

"No wonder everyone calls the two husband and wife. You guys do have a weird chemistry." Fluke said as he walked over with several bags of snacks.

"Me and him(her)? Yuck. No way. " Both Prem and Sammy said at the same time with a gagging expression.

"See this was what I was talking about. " Fluke laughed.

Prem glared at Sammy. "I would rather go blind than be called her husband."

"As if I enjoy being called your wife. Even if there is no man left on this planet, I would rather remain single than choose you as my man." Sammy scoffed.

"Same here." Prem struck out his tongue at Sammy.

"Sammy... Let's go" Another girl waved at Sammy from afar.

"Since you guys are not coming. I will go with Pine" Sammy waved goodbye as she walked towards the school gate with the other girl.

"Aren't you getting late for your practice? " Earth asked nudging Prem.

Prem looked at his wristwatch. His eyes went wide. "Oh shit. I am late." He started running while grabbing a few bags of snacks from Fluke.

"Let's go to our clubs as well," Fluke said as he distributed the remaining snacks equally between him and Earth. "Wait for me after practice. We can go home together. "

"Sure." Earth waved bye and walked in the direction of the open field where his club was practising.

Fluke headed to the music club as well.