68. Dream or reality

Earth who had gained consciousness, blinked profusely, not being able to determine if he was dreaming or not.

He looked at the handsome man, sitting at the bedside holding his hands. The sunlight filtering through the thin white curtains made a beautiful outline of the sharp jawline.

Earth took his own time to admire the beauty of the man. He subconsciously reached out to touch his face.

That was when he noticed the bruise in his hand. 

Suddenly, the memories of the previous evening started flooding in. His whole body started trembling in fear. He felt that his lungs weren't getting enough oxygen and he started gasping for air. 

The slight movements made Kao, who was a light sleeper wake up. He looked up and saw Earth sweating all over. His face was pale and his eyes reflected fear and helplessness.

"Earth? " Kao called, trying to reach out to the younger.

Earth avoided Kao's hands and curled up into a foetus position. He couldn't recognise the person in front of him. He was traumatised.

Kao quickly pressed the help button next to the bed, calling for nurses. It seemed like Earth was about to have another panic attack.

Beau, who had just finished her shift rushed over to the room. When she saw Earth's condition, she immediately went to his side and hugged him.

A sense of security rose in Earth's heart as he was held in a familiar embrace. His vision started becoming clearer.

Kao on the other hand was disheartened. He felt sad that Earth had rejected him.

Soon the doctor in charge came in to check on Earth. He was given a green signal to get discharged.

"Kao, why don't you get the discharge procedures done?" Beau suggested as she noticed that Earth was unwilling to talk to anyone else in the room other than herself. 

Kao glanced at Earth, who was curled up in Beau's embrace and nodded. He stepped out of the hospital room with a sigh.

Beau had briefed him of Earth's condition the previous night. Even though he couldn't call Earth fragile, things might get out of his hand once the latter gets a panic attack.

As he walked down the corridor, his phone started ringing. Upon seeing that the caller was Ohm, he picked it up. "Why are you calling?" He didn't bother to hide his bad mood.

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you." Ohm chuckled at his cousin's grumpiness. "How are things at your end?"

"My end?" Kao frowned.

"Since you went missing, I guessed that you would be in Chiang Mai. I called Fluke and he confirmed it."

"Oh," Kao massaged his temples. He didn't actually mind Ohm knowing where he was.

"So, tell me how are things going there? Fluke told me that you won't be coming back for a few days."

"Yeah. I won't be back for a few days. Earth kind of got into a small accident and his family is not around." Kao answered.

"As if you would have returned any quicker if his family was actually around." Ohm teased his cousin.

Kao coughed awkwardly. "Anyway, I will be staying here for a few more days to deal with stuff. So do handle Kaew for me."

"Don't worry about P' Kaew, Phi. Boun is already handling her. But at your end, are you sure that it was just a small accident that Earth was in? I mean you even summoned Saint over. Things can't be simple if you did so."

Ohm was really curious about what happened. Koa had never been the kind that would use his background or family connections for his own benefit. But summoning Saint, the head of the shadow team of the Dechaphattankuns would mean that Kao was using his position as the heir of the Dechaphattankun family to do something.

This made Ohm really intrigued about what happened to Earth that managed to trigger Kao into using his hereditary rights. He did try asking them for information but neither Kao nor Fluke was telling him any details.

"It is nothing. Just some smelly rats who need to be taught their places." Kao's gaze turned cold at the mention of the culprits who hurt  Earth. 

"Alright, if you say so." Ohm knew there was no use dwelling on the matter as he understood that his cousin wasn't willing to share the details with him. "How about P' Shelly? How do you plan on dealing with her?"

"How did you know of Shelly?" 

"Fluke told me when I called him last night." Ohm explained, " He seemed pretty pissed at her and even asked me to deal with P' Alan."

"Alan?" Kao didn't remember ever mentioning Alan to Fluke.

"Shelly was invited to the wedding by P' Alan. Those two have been in touch with each other for a while now."

"Damn!" Kao cursed. "Alan must be doing this to get back at me for removing him from the project he worked his ass off for and giving it to his nemesis, Gulf."

"This is not the first time he is doing something like this, phi." Ohm remainder. He wasn't really fond of his second cousin, especially after he had hurt Boun a few years ago.

"I know" Kao sighed "Keep an eye on him and Shelly. If you find anything abnormal, tell me immediately."

"Khrab, phi." Ohm was happy to be of service.

"And, one more thing"

"What is it, Phi?"

"No matter what happens, keep Boun out of it. He had finally shown some signs of improvement and I don't want him to go back to square one because he got targetted by Alan and the others because of me."

Kao loved Ohm and Boun like his own brothers rather than cousins. An incident in the past in which Boun got victimised by Alan, left his relationship with his second cousin stranded over a thin string. If not for his grandmother's insistence, he would have long-cut ties with Alan and his family for mistreating Boun while he was away.

He couldn't care less about Alan and his uncle's feelings as both of them had abandoned Boun when he needed them the most. 

Kao was very sure that Ohm shared the same sentiment as him and had been holding back his anger only for the sake of their grandmother, the last linking loop between them and Alan.

"Khrab, Phi. I was thinking of doing so myself." Ohm agreed without an argument.

"Don't tell Mom that I am here or else she would be pissed." Kao didn't actually care if his mother got angry but he was worried that the anger might end up being directed at Earth.

"I won't, Phi."

"Also, tell Kaew that I am sorry that I couldn't accompany her." Kao was a bit ashamed that he couldn't keep his little sister company when she was visiting him after so long.

"I think it would be better if you did that yourself, phi. P' Kaew seemed pretty hurt when you ditched her."

Kao let out an airy chuckle. "Alright then. I will give her a call." He was almost at the reception "I have to go for now. See you in a few days." He hung up the call and proceeded to complete the discharge procedures.