46. Friend's surprise

“I am sorry guys; this was supposed to be a fun trip.” Earth apologized guiltily. His heartbreak had ruined their plans to have fun in Bangkok.

The four friends were back in Chiang Mai after their one-week stay in Bangkok. Fluke and Fame had managed to win the second place in the dance competition.

Fame had been sulking all the way because Fluke had been spending more time with Earth than her. She started throwing a tantrum after she found out that Fluke had spent a whole night taking care of Earth who had a panic attack. Her mood affected their coordination and they ended up losing the first place by three points.

“It is not your fault, Earth.” Sammy hugged Earth from the side.

Her petite friend seemed even more slimmer. He lost weight in just a few days because of his heartbreak.

Fluke hugged Earth from the other side, pressing his cheeks against the latter’s shoulder blades like Sammy. Prem on the other hand hugged all three of his friends from behind.

Earth felt warm standing in the middle of the group hug. “I am going to be alright guys.” He said with a small smile. He was thankful that he had his friends by his side.

The trio hummed in response.

“We love you, na,” Fluke whispered rubbing Earth’s arms.

“I know. And I love you guys too.” Earth said softly. He really loved his friends.

“Enough with the sentimental stuff.” Prem broke off the group hug.

“Yeah, you are right,” Earth said wiping the tear droplets that he didn’t realize that were rolling down his cheeks.

“Let’s head to our own homes now and gather at Fluke’s place in the evening. We are going to have a sleepover tonight.” Prem said picking up his bags.

As he said Fluke’s place, he meant Fluke’s parents' place and not his grandparent’s one where the whole family stayed.

“Au? Sleepover? I don’t think Mae will let me have a sleepover again.” Sammy pouted.

The group of four had been away from their homes for more than a week. It would be difficult to get their parents to allow another night out.

“Then, you are going to miss the surprise and all the fun tonight,” Prem said nonchalantly as he headed to the door.

“Surprise? What surprise?” Sammy asked.

“You will know in the evening,” Prem smirked and exited the room.

Sammy made a face at Prem’s retreating back. She was eager to know what surprise it was. But she knew that convincing her mother for the night was going to be difficult.  

“Don’t worry, Sammy. I will talk to your Mae if she doesn’t let you come over.” Fluke assured Sammy.

“Really?” Sammy cheered up. “Thank you, Flukie.” She bounced on her legs and pecked Fluke’s cheeks before running off.

Fluke chuckled and looked shook his head at Sammy’s antics. His attention then turned to Earth who seemed to be brooding over something. He sighed internally. He sincerely wished that Prem’s surprise could get Earth’s mind off the recent rejection.

“Come on, buddy. Let’s go.” He snaked his hand around Earth’s neck and dragged him along.

✨✨✨

“Where is Prem?” Sammy asked setting down her duffle bag.

“No idea. He said he would be here in ten minutes when we called.” Earth answered sitting on the fluffy bean bag. It was his favourite seat.

Sammy nodded in understanding as she took a seat on the couch.

“What on earth did you bring in that bag? Seems heavy.” Fluke eyed Sammy’s duffle bag.

“Oh? This is almost empty. I didn’t feel like packing again so I took out the unnecessary things out leaving only the things needed for my skin routine and pajamas in it.” Sammy replied.

“Then you better go change into your pajamas. Maybe we will be having a pajama party tonight.” Fluke chuckled looking at his watch. Prem was late as usual.

The doorbell rang.

“Looks like Bub is here.” Fluke went to get the door.

“Wadee my dear friend.” Prem entered the villa with a huge smile.

Fluke rolled his eyes at Prem. “You are late. We have been waiting for an hour.”

“The king is never late. Everyone else is simply too early.” Prem quoted the dialogue from a movie he watched a few days ago while accompanying Earth. He set down his bag slowly and sat lavishly on the loveseat.

Fluke’s urge to roll his eyes at Prem peaked again. “Tell me, what is the big surprise you were talking about.” He took a seat on the couch next to the one Prem sat on.

Prem looked around “Where is Sammy? Don’t tell me she bailed out on us.” He sounded frustrated.

“She just went to change. She will be here in a minute.” Earth replied. he was engrossing himself in the new Yaoi comic Sammy got for him from god knows where.

“What is it, what is it?” An excited Sammy quickly took her seat next to Fluke.

Prem pulled his bag to his lap and unzipped it. he put his hands inside the bag and looked at his friend. “Are you guys ready?”

“Hurry up, will you?” Sammy urged. The suspense was killing her.

“Tun ta tun ta taaan….” Prem sing-songed as he pulled out something from his bag. He could see the three pairs of eyes that were watching him widen in surprise.

“From where… I mean… how the heck did you get your hands on that?” Earth asked in utter surprise.

“I have my ways,” Prem said smugly.

“And I have ‘my’ ways to make to tell us how you got this.” Fluke rolled up his sleeves threateningly.

Prem pouted. “I won a game against Jie’s friends. They said they would fulfil my one request. So, I asked them to get me this.”

“YOU WHAT? YOU BLOODY WHAT?” Fluke glared at Prem.

“I was just trying to help.” Prem queered in fear. He was seriously afraid of his tiny friend. “I have heard that this helps to heal a broken heart.”

“So?” Fluke shot lasers with his eyes at Prem. “You got those phis to buy you beer? Not one or two, but a whole damn carton?”

“I didn’t know how many beers was a carton alright,” Prem said sulking. “I just heard the word in some show we watched.”

“Thanks, Prem.” Earth removed the plastic wrapper around the carton and picked up a beer can.

Fluke looked up at the sky and exhaled loudly trying to calm himself. None of them had tried alcohol before and he knew that things might not end well tonight.

“Sit down, Flukie. Stop being so stressed.” Sammy patted his shoulder and picked up a beer.

Prem too moved slowly to pick up a beer. Seeing all his friends having a beer can in their hand, Fluke too picked up one and settled down in his seat.

The four opened the beer can simultaneously.

“To my broken heart.” Earth raised the toast.

“To Earth’s broken heart.” The other three clinked the cans together with Earth’s.

After rain comes the clear sky (Kaoearth)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें