75. School

"Please, Khun Kao. I beg of you." A middle-aged man begged on his knees.

Kao showed no change in expression as he stared at the man.

The man was none other than the Mayor of Chiang Mai Province and the father of JJ. He was begging Kao to let his family off.

All the students who were arrested from the school that night were taken to the court for trial. Most of them had multiple offences under their name. With the help of the new police officers, Kao managed to bring all their crimes to light.

Each of them was sentenced according to the Juvenile Act. As all of them were caught using drugs, they were sent to the rehabilitation centre for the initial few months of their sentence.

Kao's wrath didn't shimmer down even after that. He directly attacked the Pibulsonggram family which was JJ's paternal family. This family had also been the ones helping those students out of all the cases to date.

Once the family got attacked, they suffered a heavy loss. Their businesses went bankrupt and most of them who were working in the government sector were removed from their jobs as they were exposed of being involved in corruption. 

The one who was the most affected by the matter was none other than Jom, JJ's father. He was asked to resign from his position as the Mayor of the province and lay low for a while. His own supporters had withdrawn themselves from his side to save themselves.

Drawn by despair, Jom came to Kao begging him to let him and his family off.

"Your son touched something that belonged to me. You should be thankful that I am still letting him live." Kao said in a cold voice.

The rehabilitation centre to which those students were sent, was known for torturing their patients. A few months spent there would be a living hell for those unruly teenagers.

Kao remained unfazed when the man continued to kowtow and beg in front of him. He simply ignored him and walked away.

"Khun Kao, we have already made arrangements to deal with Code and his family," Saint reported.

Code was the one who actually assaulted Earth while the rest of the students only held him down or stayed to watch the show.

"I don't want any of them alive by tomorrow morning." Kao's tone was chilly. 

"Khrab," Saint understood that Kao was more than pissed about the matter and it would be better to get it over with as fast as he can.

He quickly sent signals to his men to quicken their pace and wipe out Code and his family from the face of the earth.

Mounting the car, Kao sat in the back seat with Saint by his side.

"How are things on Alan's side?" Kao had no intentions of letting his cousin off for plotting against him.

"He has already dropped his honeymoon halfway and departed to Kenya last night ." Saint narrated. "Khun Merlin will arrive at Suvarnabhumi airport this afternoon."

Kao nodded wordlessly.

He had sent Alan to Kenya to take care of the mines. The work in those mines was harsh and laborious for someone like Alan who had been brought up under the shelter of his family, it might be too much to take.

Typically, someone who had already reached Alan's position didn't have to go there personally and oversee everything. But under Kao's instruction, Alan was forced to go there midst his honeymoon. He wasn't even allowed to bring his newlywed wife along.

"Make sure that he gets the 'best' treatment there," Kao said.

Saint couldn't hide his smile. He lowered his head and replied "Khrab." He never knew that his boss was the kind that held grudges.

Ever since he had started working for Kao, the latter had always been easygoing and approachable. But now, his Dechaphatthanakhun bloodline was slowly starting to show its colours. No member of the Dechaphatthanakhun family could be defined under the term 'gentle'.

"I don't want him to step back anywhere in Asia until the day I say. Let him stay there for a while. Also, promote someone from our employees to take over his vacant position." Kao said while going through his emails.

The car came to a halt in front of the St Nicholas High School. Kao walked into the school followed by his men.

The school was holding a meeting to welcome the new member of the Board of Directors of the school. 

Kao had spent efforts to take over the position left behind by the Pibulsonggrams as he wanted to ensure that Earth would no longer face any kind of threat in the school and complete his studies without money.

He was yet to disclose the matter to Earth or his family. He was planning on surprising everyone when the time came.

Sarocha, the Dean of the school came forward to welcome him over personally. She had the same flattering smile that all people had when they knew Kao's identity.

They entered the meeting room without delay. The meeting was the same and boring. 

But Kao didn't mind, he was dead set on making sure that Earth received the best education.

"Khun Kao, we would like to introduce you to all the students in the morning assembly next week if you don't mind," Sarocha asked respectfully.

Despite the initial impression she gave off, Sarocha wasn't the kind of bootlicker that was all bark and no bite. She knew her work well and always ensured that her work met the quality standards. That was exactly why every single member of the Board of Directors, staff and students alike respected her and looked up to her.

"There is a custom to introduce the new members to the students in our school." She added. "There will also be a parent's meeting to announce you joining us on the Board of Directors."

"I will be in Chiang Mai for the time being. If you could schedule it within a week, then I will be available." Kao replied. He liked to interact with straightforward people like Sarocha.

"How about we arrange it on Monday morning?" Sarocha suggested.

"Monday, I am free. Please do make the necessary arrangements." Kao said and stood up to leave.

Sarocha let out a sigh of relief after Kao agreed to the arrangement. She was mentally panicking when she was told that the new member was a third-generation heir. The rich kids who she had dealt with were all pain in the ass. She was worried that Kao would be like them as well. She was relieved when she found that he was not.

She found Kao to be mature and decisive. She felt that working with him might not be as tedious and torturing as she had expected it to be.

She saw him off before rushing back to complete her duties.