15. Coming out of closet

"Tell me what's going on with you. Why did you lie to P' Kao about having cheerleading practice and coming to school? " Fluke handed a packet of cup noodles to Earth and sat next to him with another packet in his hand.

The duo was in their hang out on the rooftop of their school building.

Earth said nothing and tore open the packet.

"You have been acting weird these days. If there is something bothering you, just tell." Fluke poured hot water into the noodle cups from a flask and closed the lid waiting for it to cook.

"I... I... " Earth licked his lips nervously. "Fluke... "

"What is it, Earth? You know you can tell me anything." Fluke opened the lid of the cup noodles and mixed the contents with the disposable fork.

"Fluke, what do you think about P' Boom and P' Peak's relationship?" Earth asked slowly.

"What do I think of them? I think that they look cute together. Don't you think so? " Fluke slurped the noodles. "If you don't start eating now, it is going to get soggy. " He pointed at Earth's noodles.

Earth sighed and started eating.

"Why are you asking about that all of a sudden? Did something happen? "

"No. Nothing happened. Just that everyone was shipping them till they became an official couple, now everyone is pointing fingers at them, calling them weird." Earth poked his noodles.

"Are you worried about them? " Fluke sat up. "Look Earth, in the society we live in, people tend to frown on anything that seems different from the conventional ways. It is not a big deal. There will always be variants in every field. Two boys being in a relationship is not a rare thing. These people are just too conservative. Don't mind them."

"Then... What if... What if I am like them? " Earth asked nervously.

"You mean what if you like boys over girls? " Fluke asked.

Earth nodded.

"What difference does it make? " Fluke finished his noodles.

"You don't mind that? "

" Why would I mind that? As long as you don't ask me to sleep with you, I am fine. You are not actually my type you know." Fluke winked.

" Ew. Asshole go away. You aren't my type either. " Earth pushed him away, giggling.

" So, who is your type? P' Title... Or maybe P' Kao? " Fluke asked with a teasing smile.

Earth's eyes widened as his cheeks turned into a bright shade of red. He opened and closed his mouth gaping as he tried to speak.

"Someone's blushing. " Fluke laughed.

"Who's blushing? " Earth could feel his face heating up.

"Whoever just asked the question. " Fluke giggled. "It's P' Kao, isn't it? " Fluke poked Earth's ribs.

"Why do you have to know everything? " Earth glared at him trying to hide the smile that was blooming on his lips.

 " Because I am omnipresent." Fluke smiled smugly. " So, what's the plan? "

"Plan? What plan? " Earth asked feeling confused.

"Confession plan. Aren't you going to confess your feelings to P' Kao? " Fluke was more eager than Earth.

"There's no plan. " Earth slumped on his seat.

"But, why? "

"Because I don't want to be rejected. It will be so awkward if he does. " Earth was freaked out just by the thought of being rejected by Kao.

" Then are you planning to let it be an unrequited love or something??? "

Earth sighed and nodded. "P' Kao is not like me. He likes women. All his exes have been girls. That too good-looking, hot ones. I don't think I even stand a chance. "

'He loves you as much as you love him, idiot. ' Fluke wanted to shout out loud.

"But, won't you regret it if P' Kao actually gets into a relationship with someone else? "

"It will. It surely will. But I don't think I have a choice here. " Earth sipped some water. " I don't even have the guts to admit that I am gay to my close friends. Much less face a rejection."

"But you did admit it in front of 'me'. If you can tell this to me then you can tell this to anyone. " Fluke encouraged.

"It's not the same, Fluke. You are my best friend. I can tell you anything and everything without worrying about being judged. But for others, it is not the same. " Earth looked down.

"By others do you mean Prem and Sammy? " Fluke asked.

Earth was silent. Fluke understood that the silence meant agreement.

" I don't think the two of them will judge you based on your sexuality, Earth. They love and care for you as much as I do." Fluke sat closer to Earth and held his hand. " In fact, I think they would support you. Especially Sammy, don't you know how crazy she is about Yaoi comics? I think you should let them know too. " Fluke tried to convince Earth.

Earth exhaled heavily. " I think you are right. I should tell them. They are my best friends. "

"Yes, that's the spirit!" Fluke cheered. " We will think of a way to help you confess to P' Kao without making things awkward."

"Wait. Wait! I only agreed to tell Prem and Sammy. I didn't say anything about confessing to P' Kao. " Earth jumped up.

"If you don't do it, then I will. " Fluke shrugged.

" You like P' Kao too? " Earth looked at Fluke wide-eyed.

"No, you idiot. I will tell him that 'you' like him. You know, none of the couples I personally matchmade had split up till now. " Fluke said narcissistically.

"No. Please don't. I beg of you. " Earth brought his hands together and bowed to Fluke.

" I wouldn't have to if you confess it yourself. " Fluke smirked.

"I dare you to do that Fluke." Earth was angered.

"Aww, you look so cute when you are cute." Fluke tickled Earth's chin, cooing at the latter's cuteness.

"Fluke, I am not joking here." Earth avoided Fluke's hands.

"Neither am I, baby boy." Fluke picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder. "I am already fed up with being the third wheel between the two of you. I don't want to be used as a cover when the two of you are on dates."

"We have never been on a date before Fluke."

"You haven't been on a 'date' but you have been on 'dates'." Fluke chuckled.

"If I stop asking you to tag along with us when we go out, will you keep it a secret?" Earth asked.

"I will consider it. But if I feel that you are taking too long to gather the courage to confess your feelings then I will go ahead with my plan." Fluke blew Earth a kiss and walked away leaving Earth to curse at him.