Chapter 9 ~ Mundane Leaving & Magnus Bane

The next day, Evangeline slept most of the day with Sofia close to her when she woke up to Simon, Clary and Jace yelling.

"What the fuck is happening now," Evangeline says gaining their attention

"Simons leaving," Clary says as Evangeline looks to Simon shocked as Simon kept his face down embarrassed .

"Simon," Evangeline says

"I have too Evangeline, I'm not ment to be here," Simon says as Evangeline walks over to him.

Evangeline rubs his cheek with his hand before nodding.

"You do what you think best Simon," Evangeline says which makes Simon smile as Clary and Jace were shocked "but take this"

Evangeline takes off a bracelet and gives it to him wrapping it around his wrist.

"It'll help quiet things be heard," Evangeline says kissing Simons cheek

"Thank you," he says "Make sure I get to still see Sofia"

"She'll be here whenever you want to see her," Evangeline says and Simon smiles before heading out.

"You had to let him go," Clary says "he'll be in danger"

"And if he is," Evangeline says "Joseph will keep him safe from any and all danger that there is,"

Clary's eyes widen realizing that the bracelet belonged to her uncle and she smiled that Simon would be safe before heading off.

Evangeline gave Jace a pissed look

"You need to get your act together Jace before someone gets hurt badly," she says before walking off not caring about Jace.

Some time later, everyone is gathered around to talk about Magnus Bane

"Magnus Bane," Hodge says as the pictures come on the screen one by one "He's over three hundred years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shield away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive"

"He looks like the Down world's David Guetta," Clary says making Evangeline chuckle as she bounced Sofia in her arms

"Gutters already a downworlder," Izzy says "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight,"

"Besides he looks like Joseph to me dressed for Halloween," Evangeline says making Clary laugh

"I was just thinking that," Clary says as they high five

"Can you three focus, this isn't a joke" Alexander says a bit pissed that his sisters weren't listening but also a bit pissed that his sisters trusted Clary and were having fun with her.

"Someone needs to get slayed," Isabelle says rolling her eyes

"Alec's right, now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters," Hodge says

"Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories," Clary asked "isn't she a Shadowhunter.

"Yes, one of the best," Hodge says "but 'help' might bot be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn, perhaps but more than likely your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic,"