Chapter 25 ~ Waking Lost Souls

"Stay with Alec and Evangeline," Isabelle says looking the group "I'll go and find Jace"

Isabelle gets up and leaves as Magnus continues to try to wake Alec up. 

While Chris & Laura were scared for Alec, they were more scared that they would lose Evangeline just like they lost Joseph but Derek was very scared that he would not only lose Evangeline but Alec as well and that's not something he wanted. He couldn't lose anybody else.

"Isabelle, Evangeline Clary's back," Jocelyn says knocking on the door

"Oh great, Clary's safe, we can all go home now," Magnus says opening the door. 

"Whoa, wait Magnus," Jocelyn says when Magnus try's to close to door and seeing Derek with Alec along with Laura with Evangeline who were both unconscious "How's Alec and Evangeline? Are they going to be okay?"

"Do you remember the first thing I said to you when you brought a frightened 6 year old to my door," Magnus asks stepping into the hall.

"You didn't want to get involved in Shadowhunters business," Jocelyn says 

"And I should have stayed with my guns, but no, I let you convince me," Magnus says "how many years of memory wipes is it"

"12," Jocelyn says trying to get in "Look I owe you let me help with Alec and Evangeline"

"I think you've done enough Jocelyn," Chris says walking over surprising Jocelyn 

"Chris, I was only trying to find..." Jocelyn starts to say

"You were only trying to do what you always do." Magnus says "Manipulate people into helping fix problems that you created. And now Alec & Evangeline are paying the price for it."

"That's not true," Jocelyn says 

"Then prove me wrong," Magnus says closing the door in front of Jocelyn face and going to Evangeline. 

She was suffering to make sure Alec wouldn't and Magnus was really scared that he would lose her and that Sofia would lose her mom just like she lost her dad.

Later, Isabelle opens the door which allows Clary to see Magnus, Laura, Derek and Chris around Alec & Evangeline. Clary was in shock when she saw how much pain Evangeline was taking while Alec didn't have as much.

"Have they all been with Alec & Evangeline the whole time," Clary asks Isabelle nods and points to Magnus who was with Alec and then Evangeline

"Magnus is the only reason they still have a chance," Isabelle says "but his magic can't work forever, sooner or later he'll burn out"

"What about Evangeline's magic," Clary asks

"Her magic is what put her in situation," Isabelle says "she tied herself to Alec so that he doesn't feel much pain but she also has it that when Alec wakes up, she will too," 

"God, I never realized how powerful, she was," Clary says 

"It's why Valentine wants her and Sofia," Isabelle says as her phone rings and she picks up to hear it's Jace.