Chapter 12 ~ Mother Returns & Werewolves Kidnapping

Evangeline was asleep resting after the day she had. Her body needed to heal after the pain that she was in.

When she woke up, she headed downstairs with Sofia where she saw her mother with Alexander, Isabelle, Jace and Clary.

When Maryse saw her daughter at the top off the stairs she was shocked. She wasn't going to lie, she really did miss her oldest daughter and when she saw her holding a baby in her arms Maryse was even more shocked finding out that she was a grandmother.

Maryse had heard about Joseph's death because of the Nogitsune in Beacon Hills. She wanted to find her daughter right away but she knew that it would be off no point and that Evangeline wouldn't come home with her.

"Evangeline," she says

"Hello mother," Evangeline says walking over as Sofia looked to Maryse with a strange look before hiding her face into Evangeline who held Sofia close to her

"Your back," she says

"You know why," Evangeline says switching Sofia into her other arm "shall we continue with why your here and talk about meet and greats later."

Maryse nods before looking to the others. Maryse didn't want to upset her daughter considering it was her and Roberts fault that they didn't accept Joseph. That after 6 years they were seeing their daughter and almost year old granddaughter.

"The seelies have stopped communicating with the Clave and won't explain why. My guess is they're still upset we asked them to send scouts to look for valentine but no one in their realm will talk," she says

"I have seelie friends," Isabelle reminds her

"Yes, I know about your friends," Maryse says "Isabelle, we stay separate from the Downworld for good reasons. The womb move, the wrong word...do you think there is such a thing as a harmless rebellion? Who knows what offends these creatures. Maybe you told him...then...something they shouldn't know. Maybe you trod on one of their ridiculous customs without knowing it"

"Wait, wait, I don't understand. You're laying all this on Izzy for having a friend in the Downworld," Jace says

"When someone upsets the natural order, everything falls apart," Maryse says

Evangeline couldn't help but feel that her mothers words were a double meaning for her leaving 6 years ago.

"Natural order, what are you saying," Clary says

"I can help," Isabelle volunteered "I know how to talk to Seelies,"

"She's right," Alexander says "she can visit with Meliorn and see what he knows, I could go with her if you want,"

"I'd rather Jace goes along this time," Maryse says "Alec you stay with the Fairchild girl while Evangeline will be here with you. I want you keeping the girl under control. She's caused enough trouble already,"

"Maybe that's because I wasn't even a Shadowhunter until a few days go," Clary says trying to defend herself

"And what an exciting few days it has been," Maryse says having known about what happened to Sofia "The clave counts on us Lightwoods to maintain order here,"