Chapter 20 ~ Hidden Truths / Feelings & Wedding Prep

"Bring the flowers out to the wedding tent," Isabelle says the next morning to some Shadowhunter's as wedding preparations were taking place for Evangeline & Nick's wedding. "Put the lilies up on the dais, and lay the rose petals at the entrance.

"Isabelle which colour do you like better, it's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent," another Shadowhunter comes up and asks.

"The cobalt blue, it's very elegant and very masculine....very Nick," Isabelle says 

Isabelle accepted the fact that Evangeline was getting married to Nick and wanted this day to be perfect for them even though she had found a way to stop this. 

"I'll put the cobalt blue out right away," the hunter says walking away as Jace comes up to Isabelle and Alec.

"How are we supposed to get any work done with this going on," Jace asks as the three walk.

"We haven't had a wedding here in years, people are allowed to be excited." Isabelle says 

"We need to focus. Have you narrowed done a list of warlocks more powerful then Magnus Bane," Alec asks 

"I've got it down to 20. But it's going to be hard to figure which one cast the spell on Jocelyn." Isabelle says 

"I don't care how tuff it is but we need to find him. I don't plan on making any more mistakes and we need to wake Jocelyn to now whether she heard anything about his plan." Jace says 

"Have any of you talked to Evangeline," Isabelle says 

"She's probably busy with her wedding plans," Alec says "Even though she shouldn't be planning anything."

Jace agreed with his parabati. They had talked it out and became close again telling about how Valentine was Jaces father and how Clary was Jaces brother. They were still confused why Valentine wanted Evangeline and Sofia but right now they didn't want their sister to be getting married.

"Okay well I may have found a way to stop the wedding and I'm hoping it works," Isabelle says as she explains to her brother what her plan was.  

The brothers were shocked hearing it but they hoped it would work. They didn't want to lose their sister to Nick even if they knew he would take care of her and Sofia. 

Later, when Clary and Luke were with Jocelyn when Evangeline cames in with Sofia.

"I'm looking for Nick have you guys seen him. I don't mean to interrupt," she says 

"No, stay for a minute" Clary says 

"I got to get back to the station," Luke says to clary as they say their goodbyes as Evangeline walks up to Clary. 

"How is she," Evangeline says 

"The same, I guess," Clary says "how's wedding planning going," 

"Okay," she says "I've been married once all ready, second time won't be anything"

Clary smiles when Evangeline phone buzzes and she sees it Magnus. 

"Magnus needs to speak with me, he may have information to wake Jocelyn up or stop Valentine," she says 

"I can take Sofia," Clary says taking Sofia