Chapter 16 ~ Parents meeting, Envoys & More Hidden Truths

Alexander, Evangeline and Isabelle went down to their parents office. Evangeline didn't want to go but she had to.

"Oh how the table have turned," Evangeline mumbles confusing Alexander and Isabelle as they get inside the office where Maryse and Robert were standing there

"What's going on," Alexander asks making their parents look

"Sit," Maryse says making the three siblings sit at the couch.

"It's no surprise, Jace isn't here," Robert says looking to the group and then to his eldest daughter who was finally with them after 6 years of disappearance.

"He got held up, said to start without him," Isabelle says

"I'm sure he has a good reason," Maryse says defending Jace like usual

"Your mother and I....okay I requested a meeting at the Clave to inform them that the Seelies are siding with Valentine," Robert says

"And the clave denied it," Maryse says

"What do you mean," Alexander asks "They don't want you coming to Idris."

"There are rumours that local shadowhunters have been interfering in Downworld affairs," Maryse says "but you three wouldn't know anything about that, right,"

"Nada," Isabelle says

"Nope," Alexander says

"Not a thing," Evangeline says

"Since all this happened here in New York, under our command, they are concerned with our devotion to our job and the cause," Maryse says

"But we're the Lightwoods," Isabelle says

"Remember the honor isn't in the name it's in the deed," Robert says "The clave is sending envoys"

"Who will be coming to observe us," Maryse says

Evangeline couldn't help but give a small smile because she knew who it was that was going to come and unless his sister is a bitch, she didn't have to worry about much hopefully.

"And to gather information about Valentine to report back," Robert says

"But really to scrutinize our leadership, so I beg of the three of you, don't do anything that could cause the Clave to lose even more trust in us," Maryse says looking to her children.

Evangeline nods before heading out and heading to her room. When she comes back down she heads over to the entrance and uses her magic to disappear standing in the door way when 2 'circle members' came into the building. Evangeline saw Alexander shoot arrows at them only for them to shift into Lydia and Nick Branwell. 

Evangeline smirked when Nick looked in her direction because he knew she was there but didn't say anything and went. She walked after them still invisible and watched as Nick and Lydia took control of the institute.

"I would assume the 3rd Lightwood would be here too and not be invisible," Nick says looking around.

The group looked around for Evangeline confused with what he ment when Evangeline waved her hand over her and Sofia. 

Rewrite The Stars ~ Magnus BaneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara