𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

"So, what happened then ?" Romessa api asked, "api, you are really interested, "haha sorry" I looked at my watch, "maybe I should make my way home now, it's getting late" "but you can't leave without dinner?" "no Romessa api, I can't burden you any more" "you call me api, and won't listen to me either, I'm sad" she pouted that made me giggle, "of course you're my api, but I can't let you work, especially since you have a little one" "don't worry about making me work, Shehryar is picking up food on their way home, oh this way you can meet the kids" she lighted up on her idea, so I just agreed.

We were still talking about food when they arrived home, "Shehryar, you're home, finally" Romessa api ran over to Shehryar bhai as they hugged each other, "Shehryar, this is Alaya ,the one I was telling you about yesterday" he looked my way, "nice to meet you, chotto" "nice to meet you too" "chotto, you can call me bhai okay? If Romessa's your api, then I'm your bhai. " i nodded in agreement, I've been here for a few days, and I already have an api and bhai?

Then I saw two little children hiding behind their parents legs, "come on out guys, don't be shy" Romessa looked at the the little boy, he then slowly came out and made his way towards me, "Aslamoalkuim" he shook his little hands with me, "walikumsalam, so what is you're name?" "Amir" "wow, what a beautiful name" he got shy at the compliment, when the little girl saw her brother standing with me, she also made her way towards me and tried shaking hands with, "she is my sister, her name is Kiran" Amir informed me, "aww cutie" I said as I carefully picked her up and she just stayed quiet, "what is your name?" Amir then asked, as he held my hand again, "Alaya khala." "Aya khala?" he tried his best attempt to say my name, but it was adorable, "yes" I nodded.

After a few minutes, Romessa api and Shehryar bhai came out and brought us to the dining room for dinner. "so chotto, I heard you are in business and marketing. Do you have plans?" "Yes, bhai, I hope to open my own business here soon, inshallah, " the couple both responded with Inshallah, "if you need any help, feel free to ask your bhai okay?" I nodded and finished dinner.

After dinner, I helped Romessa api wash the dishes, after all her denying, I helped her. "okay api, it is time I head out" "let Shehryar drop you home" "no api, it's fine, I have to go to a few shops on my way too, it'll be too much of a hassle" "are you sure" "yes api" "okay, but I expect to hopefully see you on the weekend, the kids are starting to like you, and I do too" "sure api, I'll try my best" " and text me when you get home okay" " okay" after our farewells, I caught a cab and made my way home since I felt to tired to go to buy anything.

I got home and sat on my bed, I looked at my half empty room, and I still needed to set up my room, my suitcase was open with clothes all over the place. In exhaustion, I fell back on my bed, thinking how I was back in this country. If only I said no that day, would all this happen?

- flash back -

"listen behn, bhai, I would love to make her my daughter in law" she said in a chirpy voice to my parents, both my parents went through a little shock, "Your daughter will happily live with our son" "yes but we know nothing about your son" mama reasoned, "that doesn't matter bhabhi, he must do something right?" phupo held a smirk, "oh I didn't tell you anything about my son, she took a picture out of her bag and gave it my parents, "this is Harris Ali, he's 25, he's the heir of Ali corporation" "mashallah" baba said hearing about him, "he is actually in America until the next week for a meeting, but if you find it suitable we could talk about them" "behn, we just need to have a little talk and then we'll let you know" "of course, of course".

Soon they continued with their own conversations, I excused myself and made my way to my room still in shock, "why do you look like a ghost" Samia asked as I entered my room, "hey Alaya, is everything alright?" "I don't think so Samia" I said as I held myself together, "the couple downstairs, asked my hand for their son" her eyes widened, "and what did you're parents say?" "they said they want to talk about it" "Alaya, don't worry, that'll probably mean they will take some time, while then you can tell your parents that you don't want to get married" "that's the hard part, but let's start by saying no to this one"

We ended up giving up on our project for the night. Soon, she had to head home. 'I hated the thought of getting married. All the relationships that I had seen my in life were the reason. Even though I loved reading Romance novels, I knew they would never happen.' I was thinking too deeply I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

I had woken up for Fajr, getting up and praying, making a dua, that whatever happens, happens for my best. I got up and went ready to go to the library so I could finish my project. I had managed not to think about the thoughts, 'loads of people get proposals every day, they don't say yes to all of them' I thought and worked on my project with Samia.

-°•○•° -

"Finally done that 4 painful years of work" Samia said as she stood and started packing her things, I hummed at her, "I'm hungry, let's go eat something" she said as she dragged me outside and sat me down in her car, "do you know any good place" "yes, let's celebrate us finally finishing" "only if you're paying" "hey , I'm also broke my dear friend" she replied to me as we started driving to the restaurant Samia loves.

It was a nice restaurant downtown. They also did a halal menu, thankfully, since there aren't a lot of places that offer halal food. When we entered the restaurant Jamal, Samia's cousin had came to us, he worked at the restaurant, "hey ladies, let me show you to your table then I'll get you're order" Jamal was the biggest flirt I had ever met, he was annoying too at times, but we would have less of a problem at this restaurant since he would et us the best dish of the house.

We had finished ordering and were waiting when a couple had came in and had sat at the table beside us, soon another young guy came and sat down at their table, annoyance clearly on his face, but the couple were too busy eying and eating each other out, "gosh, must they do this here" I said annoyed as well, since they were right beside us, "right, I feel bad for the good looking guy though" Samia looked at the annoyed guy, "do you want me to get his number for you" I smirked at her, "huh, don't you dare". Soon, we tried our best to ignore them and started eating our food that had been served.

Once we were done having dinner, Samia went to the bathroom while I waited for her, the guy from the other table started pointing at me and said some things to his girl, I ignored at first, but they were really saying stuff about my hijab and that did not sit with me, I turned to them, clearly they were both drunk but that didn't give them the right to say anything to me. "if you have anything to say, please say it to my face or else stay quiet" the guy looked at me intensely, while his girl had gotten up, "or else what" "please, I don't wish to argue with some brainless idiots right now" "brainless- girl you have some nerve, you think you're better than us because you cover yourself and wear that thing on your head" "I said please stop" but just then she picked up a glass from up table and dumped it on me, the whole restaurant watching what had just taken place.

I was shocked and embarrassed of everything that just happened, then the guy from earlier that looked like he didn't want to be here came and dragged the girl away and came back, "I'm so sorry about the idiot, please if you want to report her, here is a card with her name and number" he said giving me a card, I looked at him confused, "you don't mind if I complain to the police about her" I looked at him, he just stared back at me, but I swear I could here a audible reply of 'no, just please report her', "I'm Atif by the way-" "omg Alaya what happened to you"

Samia had just returned from the toilet had seen my state, "um, someone dropped this?" it sounded like a question, I knew if I told her what really happened she would only create a bigger scene, and as much as I would love to also dump water on her, I would like to keep myself composed. All the while, Samia was asking me what had happened, I saw Atif looking at her from his table, while the poor guy tried to push his friends out of the restaurant.

Before we left the restaurant, Samia helped me dry my hijab in the toilet before we went home, or else we would have a lot of questioning to do.

---------------------------------

Aslam everyone <3

What did you all think of this,

I hope Alaya gets the opportunity to dump water on her head. What do y'all think?

& What do we think of Samia and Atif??