𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢- 𝚝𝚠𝚘

Eid Mubarak everyone ♡
How was you guys Eid?

____________________________
- Alaya -
I stood there in disbelief. As the woman turned around, it was the woman I least expected it to be.
It was Maria
What was she doing, and getting proposed by another guy? I stood there in disbelief. Was she cheating on Harris.

I couldn't stand there anymore, I left the mall and headed to the parking lot to get to my car, and I would get home soon. The whole ride home, I kept thinking about Maria and all I had seen. Did Harris know ? I'm debating if I should tell Harris or not?

As I entered the door of the house, there was a strong smell of alcohol? The lights were all off and for a minute I thought I was hike alone until I heard something in the living room, I slowly walked towards the room, expecting a thief or something, but was startled with a disheveled Harris, with a bottle in his hand. There were several empty bottles lying around here and there, all empty.

He himself looked drunk and intoxicated, I wondered what happened that caused him to be like this. The sudden thought of Maria being engaged entered my mind. Did he find out already?

I put my bag down and walked towards him, upset with he sight of bottles in the home, I would have to clean them up. I looked down at Harris, who looked tired and lost.

"Harris, I think you have drank enough for today." he looked up at me as I spoke. He looked so emotionless. I brought my hand forward so he could get up, but instead, he grabbed my arm and made me closer to him. He enclosed both his arms around my waist and leaned his head on my stomach, causing butterflies to fly around in my stomach. He muttered something, but I was lost in a daze to understand.

"Harris, you need to go to your room," but he didn't listen. He just stayed in that position. After wiggling into different positions to free myself, I quickly dragged him on his feet. Thankfully, he was sober enough to put 'some' of his weight on his own feet. After much struggle, I brought him upstairs in his bedroom and plopped him on his bed. I was about to leave when I felt his hand. It felt hot, like he was burning up, just in case I checked his forehead, which was also burning. 'He has a fever', I got the thermometer and some wet clothes to place on his forehead to bring down his fever if he had one.

Grabbing all the things and checking his temperature, 39°C
He definitely had a fever, I managed to bring the fever down a bit with the wet clothes, since he was sleepy and drunk, I convinced him to take some medicine, and once I was sure his fever was gone, I made my way to my room.

Throughout the night, I kept making trips to his room, making sure his fever didn't come back, after Fajr, when I was more sure that he wouldn't get a fever for a while, I headed to sleep now since I was exhausted.

I was trying to sleep in when I heard glass shatter somewhere, in the shock, I jumped out of bed and ran to where I thought I heard, I heard more noises of things being thrown around, it was coming out of Harris's room, without much thought I entered the room and came in front of a raging Harris, getting ready to throw another glass. We both made eye contact, but before I could comprehend, a glass was thrown my direction.

My senses returned as I heard the glass shatter on the wall beside me. The glass was so close to hit me that the shattered glass ended up leaving a scar on my cheek. Yet he looked as he could care less. He didn't care about less of what he had just done. "Why are you in my room so early in the morning," I don't know myself. It would have been better if I stayed put, but I didn't say that out loud. "Why are all these things here," he screamed again, "You were sick last night, so I gave you some medicine." he looked down, still raging in anger, "did I ask you to?" "Huh??" "Did I ask you to take care of me? Why did you ?" Maybe because when someone likes you, they start caring for you too, but again, I couldn't say this out loud, so I stayed quiet.

I left the room, since there was no point in staying there with him, but a part of me felt bad, ans at lunch when I noticed he hadn't left his room all day, I made soup and sandwiches for him and placed some medicine on the tray. I was standing outside the door, debating if I should go or not, I heard him talking to someone, and I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but I ended up hearing.

"Maria, how did this all happen?- It's all over the news - fine, come over soon - yea, i had a fever last night - Yea, I really need you- ok-" after he ended the call, I knocked on the door and silently entered when he said 'come in', I wasn't in the mood to argue since I had so much work to do later. I quietly placed the tray on his bed, filled up a glass of water, and handed it to him, then without much thought, I placed the thermometer in his mouth, as I was working around, he kept staring at me, probably loathing me. I checked his temperature, 37°C, his fever was gone, but he'd have to complete his dose of medicine. I left when I was done setting everything up, I didn't have to be there any longer.

For the test of the evening, I finished most of the project since it was due to be presented at the end of this week.

-°•○•°-
It was Monday already, and I was back at work, I had to work in Harris's office since I was finishing up the project soon. After I had told Harris to stay home and rest a bit, he completely ignored me and showed up to work.

It was almost noon when a certain  annoying 5'3 woman entered the office, in her short bodycon dress. "Babe, how are you? I know yesterday was a big day for you, but I'm sorry. " she leaped onto Harris's lap and started kissing him. Gross. "What is this engagement about Maria?" He asked her sternly yet softly. "Babe, you'll never guess, mom wanted me to get engaged to him for business purposes, like- like, toy had Alaya" I looked up at them, but they were too busy in themselves to even think I has here. "Yea, but you're engaged to Ben Freeman, CEO of Freeman Corporates and my biggest rival." I had heard that somewhere, Freeman Corporates, was new business, and they were booming as soon as they entered the industry.

"Well babe, everyone has their reasons, I'm marrying him beacuse of some business, and don't forget you also married Alaya, so yoy could permanently have your CEO position, if you didn't marry her, you'd probably be on the streets" she huffed, and I couldn't take anymore of their conversation, I picked up my phone and wallet and left the office, I didn't looked back either.

I sat in the office cafeteria, thinking of what I heard, I wanted to do something, but I realized I had feelings for him, but they were a waste since he cared less for me, he just wanted his stupid position. I was looking outside the cafeteria window. When I heard someone calling out my name, I turned around to see Atif running and sat himself in front of me.

"Everything okay?" I asked, looking at him, breathing heavily, "yEa, oNE SeC." Once he had calmed his breathing, he started talking, "You know the project we've been working on?" I nodded, "well turns out, there is another business fighting against us," "That won't change a lot, will it?" "It didn't really, not until Mr. Kim Hanjun didn't join. " "Isn't he the one we're presenting to for the deal?" "Yup, but now he wants to here the other company as well, he'll look at both presentations and then decide his end decision" "well, we have the presentation ready, so now we just need to present it" "well that part is up to all three of us" I nodded.

Instead of going back to his office, I spent most of the day with the other employees. I wasn't technically not working, I already had my work done, I just needed Harris to look over and sign it, and it would be complete, but I am doing it while Maria is there. Harris's PA kept updating about Maria, if she was still there or not.

- °•○•° -
The days had gone by, and it was Wednesday. Almost every morning, Maria would stay with Harris until we went home. Last night, she stayed over with Harris, at first I was kinda hurt, but I needed to tell myself that he doesn't like me, he had used me to get to his goal, and that was the only thing that kept me in my room and away from them.

The meeting with Mr. Kim is on Firday at exactly half 9. Everything was set, except the fact I still needed to get the project signed by Harris, who's too busy making out. Since my hour was almost up and I didn't want to want anymore, I had to forward this email and get it printed. In the afternoon, I brought my laptop up to his desk while he was busy with Maria, "I need you to look over this and sign it." "What?" He said blankly, "This is for Friday. " "Oh the project, it's complete?" I nodded. "Leave it here, I'll have a look in a while,"but I'm leaving soon. " "I'll bring it. Just go."

Leaving my laptop on his desk, I went to mine and packed the rest of my things and headed home.