𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

- Harris -
After reviewing the schedule last night, I didn't sleep after Fajr, I called Atif, and I haven't heard a word from him since yesterday, and he said he would be here by today. He hadn't seen the texts I sent yesterday, so I decided to give him a day.

After coming back from a morning run, I took a shower and got ready for the meeting, I originally wanted to go for my black suit, but the toothpaste in my bag, ruined my suit, so until my suit didn't get washed I had to wear the other outfit in my bag. I ended up going  for beige pants and a black t-shirt and went for a black blazer in case it got cold.

I drove to Mr. Sheikh's office. I walked in and was greeted by the receptionist, "Mr?" "Mr. Ali." she nodded and looked at her list, "Mr. Ali, you are expected at the meeting, floor 15, room 3." I thanked her and made my way towards the elevator. After getting off the elevator, I was passing the first and second floor. When I stopped outside, I looked at a kids' area. I looked through the glass to see the little girl from yesterday talking to someone. She was in a hijab and was standing with her.

Debating if I should go or say hi to her, I made eye contact with her and decided to go in. As I entered, she shouted something, as the girl turned around, she fell on the ground. I quickly approached her. I couldn't believe it. It was her. In the shock, I was in seeing her after so long, I couldn't believe it, I was frozen, I didn't know what to do. Not until the receptionist entered the room and was also shocked to see her.

Regaining my senses, I told the woman to look after the little girl. She could be scared. I quickly checked her breathing and her heart. Both seem fine. She needs to get to a hospital, I was getting up when someone's arm stopped, and I looked up yo see some guy, "I'll take her to the hospital." I couldn't believe this guy. I visibly gave him a look and removed his hand away from me, and picked Alaya up in a bridal style and carried her down to my car, as I passed carrying her, people kept looking our way, but right now I needed to get her to the hospital asap.

I quickly laid her at the back of my car and drove her to the nearest hospital. As we arrived, I quickly carried her out and brought her into the emergency ward. A doctor quickly told me to lay her on the bed. Other nurses and doctors approached and quickly started cheking her. After half an hour, a nurse up to me, "How is the patient related to you?" "She's my wife, " I quickly responded, "How is she doing?" "She has a cold and fever, ahe hasn't eaten anything either, that made her collapse, she's better now, just asleep. You can go up to the receptionist and sign her details in." I thanked her.

I first checked her. She slept, looking as peaceful and beautiful as ever. I can't believe I was a monster to her. She hadn't even done anything to me. She helped me and my company when I blamed her when I hurt her. A nurse from reception came up to me and handed me to the paper work, I looked at it, and I didn't know anything about her, her age, her birth date, I knew nothing about her.

I was being frustrated, when my phone vibrated, I checked it to see if Atif was calling me. I picked it up. "Sorry i wasn't able to call you, me and Samia just arrived at the hotel, where are you ?" "At the hospital. " "Wait, what? Are you okay, which hospital?" "Atif, i need you to listen clwarly what I am going to say." "You aren't dying or something, right?" "Atif." "Okay, I'll listen," I took a deep breathe before I started talking, "I was in a situation, and Alaya fell unconscious,  I brought her to the hospital, she's asleep right now," I paused, all I heard has a loud gasp from him. "I need you and Samia to come to the hospital and take care of her. I know Samia will ask you, and so will Alaya. Tell Samia that Alaya had her in her emergency contacts and you and thus you fiund out. And tell them, people from the company found her unconscious and sent her here."

"Okay, I understand. Samia and I'll be there in 10 minutes." "Text me before you come in, I'll stay with her until you guys arrive, but I don't want to come in front of Alaya or Samia right now." "Okay."
We ended our call, and I went back to looking at her. Looking at her pale cheeks, her small nose, her plump lips. She looked breathtaking. I softly gazed my fingers across her cheeks. They were so cold. I took her hand into mine, he hands were also cold. I held both her hands in mine so I could give them my heat. They were so soft. I wanted to keep them in my grasp forever.

Busy looking at my wife, I didn't notice my orientation vibrating for the past 5 minutes. As soon as I looked at the notification, I bolted up and at a back entrance. I texted Atif and replied that they were going in. I told him again, and he said he would take care of the situation. I still needed to take care of the receptionist and the guy. Hopefully, they won't be a pain.
I emailed Mr. Sheikh's PA, telling them I wasn't able to make it to the meeting.

- Alaya -
Slowly opening my eyes, I had to adjust my eyes to the light. Opening my eyes, I saw Samia? What is she doing here? "Am I dreaming, what are doing here, Samia?" "No dear, I'm really here." As she said that, I sat up. Looking around, I was at the hospital? "Why am I at the hospital?" "You fainted, " Atif said, coming into the room, "I did?" I asked, trying to remember. "Yea, I was on your emergency contact. You were at the office, you fainted, they sent you to the hospital and called me." He explained all that.

"Oh. So you guys flew all the way from London?" They both looked at each other and chuckled, "No, we're here for Atif's business. " "The business event happening," Atif added. "Really?" I sat up excited. Atif nodded, and Samia pushed me back to lay down. "Im also a part of the event." I said, they both looked at me, "after moving here, I launched my own business." "No way, we'll done gurl," Samia said, hugging me, "but how come you never told me on our calls?" She asked, breaking the hug and looking at me, acting mad. "To be honest, i wasn't sure with the business thing. Mama thinks I'm teaching or something. Plus, we lost contact a year ago." I added the last point and looked at her. She apologized but looked at Atif like it was his fault.

After the doctors gave me my last check-up, they advised me bed rest and prescribed me medicine. They suggested I stay in the hospital for the night, but after I felt so bored, I convinced Atif and Samia to discharge from the hospital so I could go home.

Atif suggested that Samia stay over for the night, I asked if he wanted to stay over, but he said he had work, and it'd be more comfortable without him. I noticed something wrong between Atif and Samia. She didn't even say goodbye to him or anything, and the whole time, it felt as if Samia was ready to dig Atif a grave.

Once Atif left, Samia and I made some popcorn and had Samia's handmade pasta and watched some of our shows. "Crash landing on you or Suspicious partner?" I asked her, "Suspicious partner."

We both ended up watching the whole series. It was so fun spending time with her again. "Samia?" She hummed, "everything is good between you and Atif, right?" She stayed quiet, putting the dishes in the sink, "and don't lie, or leave anything out." "Well, he respects me, and doesn't hurt me, I guess. But I don't think the part where he forcefully married me counts. " "he WHAT!" For next while, Samia told me everything that happened. I kept forgetting to close my mouth, and my dear friend had to close it because I was too shocked hearing everything.

"I am lost of words," I managed to say at the end, to which Samia just shrugged. As I was about to say something, my phone rang. It was Romessa api, "Aslamoalkuim api, how are you?" "Alaya, are you okay? Why weren't you picking up?" "I'm fine, api. Everything okay?" "I was fine until Kiran told me how you fell, and a man brought you away." "Oh, Kiran was there? Sorry api, I had a fever and ended up forgetting everything that happened before I faninted. Is Kiran okay?" "Kiran is fine, but she keeps chanting something, uncle sved aya, do you know who helped you?" "Have no idea, but I'll try to ask Kiran when I come around." "Okay, if you feel unwell. Come by, I'll give you a check-up or maybe when you come over. I'll give it then, until then, total bed rest." I giggled, "sure, Api."

Someone saved me? I'd have to thank them after I figure out who it is?