𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗

Alaya -

I woke up with my muscles all aching, I instantly got up, looking around. I found myself lying on the couch in the living room. I had fallen asleep here waiting for him. I checked my phone, but there were no missed calls or texts from him. He hadn't even seen my texts. 'I wonder what happend to him'.

I went up to my room and was ready for work, maybe he went to work or something and his phone was dead?

I went for black jeans and a black turtle neck. I went for my favorite black hijab and wore a beige coat on top to complete my outfit. I checked my watch. It was almost half 8, and he still hadn't come home.

I made some breakfast and drove to work, hoping he was there. I arrived at the office in 20 minutes and headed to his office straight away. But sadly, he wasn't there either. I don't know why I was being so bothered, but I really wanted to know where he was.

I was still thinking of what I should do when my phone rang, I quickly picked it up without checking the caller ID. "Hello beta," it was, baba. I was surprised he called after so long, since my marriage, it's normally mama who calls up once in a while, or I text Hiba most of the time. "Hello baba, how are you?" "I'm good, how are you and Harris?" "We're good. How did you call today?" I asked tostraightforwardrd, "I actually wanted to invite you both for dinner tonight. " "Tonight?" "Yes" "baba, Harris is out and I don't know when he'll be home ans I don't know if he'll come" "at least try and see and try to come" and without saying any goodbyes he ended the call.

I took a deep sigh as I fell back in my seat. Harris wasn't picking up, and now Baba expects to show up for dinner.

I opened my laptop and looked through some emails when there was a knock on the door. I knew it was Harris since, of course, he wouldn't knock on his own office door. Once I said come in, Atif came in with a few files.

"Where's Harris?" He looked at me, "I haven't seen him since yesterday. " I shrugged my shoulders. "Damn, okay, I'm going to leave these files here." "Go ahead," and soon I started working again. I ended up making myself so busy in work that I forgot about lunch and was working until seven when his PA knocked on the door and told me that most people had left and advised me to leave too.

I drove home, hoping he'd be back, but when I got back, he still wasn't home. The first thing I needed to do was call up my dad and tell them we weren't coming.

I called him and simply told him we couldn't come because we're busy at work and hopefully come around another time and ended the call before I have to hear his protests.

I had leftovers for dinner, and I took my time eating. It was 9 now, is he going to spend his night out again?, I was getting mad at him, how hard is it to call up your wife and tell her your busy so she doesn't get worried. 'But does he treat you like one. Of course, we're in the getting to know each other's phases.

I was turning off the lights when I heard the door handle jingle, I was scared and really hoping it was Harris. Then the door flew open, revealing a messed-up hair and tried, slouching man. I turned on the light of the hallway and realized it was Harris. I slowly walked up to him.

As I approached him. I noticed him holding his coat in one hand and a bouquet of flowers in another. "This is for you," he said, handing me the bouquet. I was about to ask him when he leaned on my shoulder and fell asleep? By the smell reeking from it, it looks like he was drunk.

Was he out drinking for 2 days? But he left in a hurry. I think that it's something else, or am I just telling myself that to fool myself

I carefully tapped him on the shoulder, but he just wouldn't wake up. I did manage to start pushing him upstairs so I could put him to sleep.

I opened his door and plopped him on his bed. I looked at him, a mess. I took off his shoes and put him properly in the bed, and covered him with a blanket. I was turning to leave when he heard my hand. I turned to see him squinting his eyes, "I need help," he whispered, I looked at him confused. He slowly sat up and pointed at his shirt and pouted like a little child.

"You need help with your shirt?" "Yea, it's uncomfortable. " I nodded in understanding way and walked into his walk-in closet, I picked out a simple t-shirt. When I came out, he had half asleep. I walked up to him and lightly poked him. He slowly opened his eyes and pulled me on his lap.

"Harris. I need you to change your shirt. " "Do it for me, " he hummed a response. If it wasn't for him being drunk, I would lose my sense with the heat growing in me. I carefully unbuttoned each button and took off his shirt, revealing a fit and built body. I froze before I heard him hum something. I quickly tugged a shirt on him and laid him back on the bed.

I was walking away with his shirt so I could put it in the laundry when I noticed something. I turned the shirt to get a closer look. I was right. It was a lipstick stain, I looked at it closer. It was a dark colored lipstick, and I know very well it wasn't mine. But why does it effect me, he's already said that I mean nothing to him, but maybe something in me hoped we were getting better and starting to become a couple, so what about the flowers when he came back. I'd have to ask him tomorrow about all this.