𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢- 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

- Alaya-
It was almost 6 in the afternoon, and my phone started ringing. I picked it up, "Hey Samia, everything alright? Yeah, everything is fine. Are you back from the airport?" "Samia, i dropped you guys off at the airport at half 2. Of course, I'm back. Is everything okay?" "Well, Atif and I have a favor to ask." "Mmm?" "Could you check up on Harris? He said he had a cold this morning, and now he's not picking up." "Really? I'll check up now. Could you tell me his hotel room." "Yea. There's a password to get in if he doesn't answer. I'll text them now."

I ended the call and decided to make some soup. I changed into some oversized jumper and cargo. Should I change my top? I'll only be gone for mostly 10 minutes. it's fine. I tied kn a hijab and grabbed the soup. I quickly looked at the address Smaia sent me and drove over.

I walked up to the elevator, 4th floor, room 18, I walked over, I knocked on the door a couple of times, but no answer. After a few tries, I tried the pass code Samia gave. *beep**beep**beep* *click*. It worked. I quickly opened the door and slipped in. All the lights were off, like no one was here. I turned on the light of the supposed  living area. It was clean, like no one was living here. Placing the soup on the table, I went to check the bedroom.

Entering the bedroom, I was someone lying on the bed. I went towards the lamp and turned it on. I looked at Harris, who looked to be asleep, but his face looked so red. I placed my hand on his forehead and cheeks. He was burning. "Harris? Harris, wake up." Harris hummed but didn't wake up. "Harris, wake up." I creased his forehead. I doubt I'd find a thermometer in here. I called the receptionist, but she was too rude and denied. I decided to see if he was still burning after I had given some cold packs. I found an old t- shirt on his suitcase. Folding it up and getting some cold water. I cold pressed it ob his omforehead, cleaning his face. Once again, I was beside him. He looked at him closely, his sharp jaw line, his long eyelashes, his thinned lips, his stubble, his hair fanning his forehead.

After half an hour, he was still burning and wasn't walking up. Contemplating, I called Romessa api and called her over. She rushed over in fifteen minutes. "He has a fever, I gave him a shot. He should feel better soon. Feed him something when he wakes up, and give him some of these medicines." I took the medicine from her. "So this is Harris?" "Yea." I managed to say. She nodded in an understanding way. "Take time. You look confused." "Just after he gets up." After Romessa api left. I cleaned around the hotel room, and the soup had gotten cold, so I ordered some other food.

I had finished praying when Harris had gotten into the living room. "How are you feeling?" "Better." He answered. "Have something to eat. You have to take your meds then." He watched me as I set the little table on the side. He quietly sat down as I handed him a plate. "I made soup, but now it's cold, and I can't find anything I could heat it in." "I'll have it," he said, "but it's cold." He took the soup from my hand, taking a spoon he took the first spoon. He went quiet and looked at the soup. "Is it not good?" "No, it's just a little cold." I was turning back to wash the mess I had made. "Eat with me." "It's fin-" "please," he asked, this time with affectionately. I felt bad since he was also sick. I agreed and sat in front of him, taking some of the sandwiches.

After we had finished eating, I told him to eat his medicine, he said he'd eat it once he went into the room. I had finished washing the dishes, and I went to checkup on Harris. He was praying. Looking at the time, I hadn't prayed, Isha. I quickly did my wudu and prayed beside him. After I had finished, I started reciting some duas. When Harris placed his head in my lap, which caught me off guard. I went with him and let him lay there while I finished my duas.

I looked at the untouched medicine packets. "Harris, did you eat your medicine?" He nodded his head in denial. "Harris, eat your medicine. Otherwise, how will you feel better?" "Im fine, I don't need anything." Harris was really acting like a kid right now. "Harris, please, have your med." He opened his eyes and looked at me, looking back at him. He sighed and got up, taking the medicine, but stopped. "On one condition," i raised my eyebrow to hear what he was about to say. "You're going to do everything i want." I looked at him in disbelief, "no way, this is blackmailing." He shrugged his shoulders and put the medicine on the shelf, and sat on the bed. He was really going to do this, he need to have his med, or else he his fever would go back up. "Ugh. So you'll have your med if I agree to do what you say." He nodded innocently. "Fine." He smirked and silently picked up his med.

All it took was to agree to what he wanted, and he quietly took his med. He was about to head to bed, and I thought of going back home when he called me. "Alaya. Could you stay iver for the night?" "It's fine, I'll go hom-" i remembered what he had said. But I continued my sentence, "'-going home." "But Ms. Alaya, you agreed to listen to me" "yea well, you had your med and I'm on my way home" "fine, then I'll tell everyone you're married to me, I'll show up to your work place." Stunned again, I looked at the blackmailer, "you wouldn't." "Try me." I couldn't chance him. He would show up to my work. He likes annoying me and doing things I don't like.

"Fine, I'll stay over." He smiled and patted his bed. Right, I didn't think this through. There was no other bed in the whole room, nor a couch  a person could take in this situation. I guess that only leaves the bed. Harris knew this too and was enjoying this. Looking int he closets, I found some spare pillows.

"I'm sleeping on the bed with you," I announced. "But pillows stay between us the whole night." He nodded like an obedient little child. Taking off my hijab, I looked around for a hair brush. "There's one on the dresser." He said, looking at all my moves. I had finished brushing my hair and thought of tying my hair up for the night. "Leave it down." He said, looking through the mirror, "it's long, might irritate you in the night." "Don't mind that, leave it down." I didn't argue, I couldn't sleep with my hair up.

Laying in bed after closing the lights, the pillows tucked between us. I felt comfortable, yet I wasn't able to fall asleep, maybe because I had my thick jumper on, or maybe it was the guy laying beside me. I decided I wasn't going to take it off, I turned to see him comfortably sleeping. Making it hard for me, he's sleeping. I recited all my duas and counting, and I dozed off to sleep.

- the next morning -
I walked up, in the strange room, I remembered I stayed over at Harris's hotel. Huh, I felt something under me, I thanked myself for putting the pillows between us. I turned my head to see his head right on top of mine. Abruptly getting up, the pillows were gone, and I looked for them. They were on the ground on his side. I looked at Harris, who was still alseep, holding my hand, our legs tangled.

I tried leaving, but his grip was so strong. I had to wake him up. "Harris, wake up," but he didn't listen, I was about to poke him when he held my other hand, flipping me around, and he hovered over me. "Harris, what is this for?" "Aw, this is something i wanted to wake up to." "You removed the pillows last night." "I didn't, don't accuse your husband." "okay so who did?" "You did, one by one, you threw the pillows. You even took off your jumper." His eyes went lower down, I wasn't wearing my jumper, meaning he could see my short top. I struggled under his grip. He wasn't letting me go.

I couldn't even kick him. My legs were trapped under his. That's when a stupid idea came in. He was busy looking at me struggling. I looked straight at me, and when he looked lost, I took him by surprise and pecked his lips, caught by surprise, he leaned back, giving me the opportunity to push him and run away. I sprinted to the bathroom, grabbing my jumper on my way. Slamming the door behind me and locking it.

I unlocked the door and peeked out. He wasn't in the room, good. The love I had done was not a good move at all, I should have done something else. I sneaked out, picking up my keys and hijab. I looked around. He wasn't here. I headed into the kitchen, he wasn't here, 'i wonder where he went'.

I had finished up setting the table for breakfast. It's a good thing I had ordered some breakfast last night. It was really coming in handy now. Waiting around, I heard something buzzing. I looked around to find a phone on the counter. It looked like Harris's phone, I was putting it back when the phone vibrated again, making the screen pop up. All my attention went on the background. It was a picture of us from the dinner when we were in England, the one his mother had forced us to take.

I looked at it for so long that I didn't even realize when he came back. "It's one of my favorite pictures." He said, walked up behind me. I handed him his phone back, "I didn't say anything." He chuckled at my response. "I was talking to the staff, they were apologizing for the staff yesterday, i heard she was rude and -" "it's fine, and plus, i didn't ask." I looked at him. "I'm going home, have breakfast, and have your meds on time. " "Stay." He voiced. "No thanks," I waved, putting on my shoes. "I've unblocked your number. Call me if you need anything or in emergencies." "Wait. You have to listen to me." I shrugged. "I'll see you tomorrow then." He shouted as I left his room.