𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

- Alaya -

Monday, a day that is mostly a gloomy day to start work or school. I always hated Mondays growing up, except when the weekend would piss me off and would look forward to another environment soon.

I decided to wake up before Harris. He normally gets up at half 7, so I'd be up at 6 and out before he gets up half 7. At least that was the plan. Not being caught in the kitchen at half 6. Harris wore a t-shirt and pj-bottoms and looked like he had just gotten out of bed.

I tried my utmost to ignore him as I walked past him a couple of times, trying to make breakfast for myself. "Alaya," he said in his raw and deep voice. I had mentally control myself from not giving into hos voice, already I was having a hard time with his looks, 'One shouldn't be this good looking, if they're just jerks, it's not fair' I ignored his call and continued to carry on with my work.

"Is your arm okay? Maria said you dropped hot water on it.""I was shocked in disbelief. This guy found out from Maria, and then this was witch lies to him, but why does he care?

"Why do you care?" "I- um," he was quiet, he couldn't sat anything. "If you're worried I won't be able to make you and your lazy girlfriend food, don't worry, I'll have it done."

I finished the last plate and walked out of the kitchen as he kept looking at me, his gaze following me. I headed to the front door and started wearing my shoes so I could leave. I opened the door when he caught up to me, "Where are you going at this time?" he asked.

I simply looked at him and closed the door on his face, who was I to answer to him. I looked at my phone, it was only 7, I still had almost 1 and half hour till work.

I saw a little shop beside the company, and decided to go there since I had nothing better to do.

The shop was a little two story shop, it had a grey and white paitn job, there were flowers over the door and the windows. I was admiring the flowers when the front door of the shop opened and revealed a girl, maybe around my age.

"Can I help you?" She asked. She was a little shorter than me, black hair and brown eyes, she was pretty. "I'm good, I was just looking around, it's really pretty here." "Oh thank you, would you like to look in the inside?" "Omg, I just would love that." I followed her inside, and it looked like some fashion design studio, I was flabbergasted. The inside design was amazing, so minimal, yet it looked complete with all the supplies.

"This place looks amazing." "Oh, thank you," she blushed at my compliment. " I'm Alaya," I introduced myself and forwarded my hand, "I'm Vanessa," she said, smiling and shaking my hand. "So this is a design studio?" "Yes, it was my mom's, but now I have responsibilities," she said, her smile falling a bit. "Oh, and how about you?" "I just used to deal with he interior designing and the cashier of the place." I nodded at her answer.

"You haven't told me about yourself." "Oh, how silly of me, I'm in business and marketing, let's say I work part ime in different company projects from time to time." "That's so cool." I smiled at her response.

We continued talking for a bit when I had a glance at the clock on the wall, there was only 10 minutes until work started. I quickly told her I was getting late for work and would be back sometime soon. She handed me her number, and I ran to the office. I was so grateful it was right beside so I didn't have to run that far. I managed to be outside his office with 5 minutes left, but the only reason I hadn't walked in was because of what I was hearing.

"Baby, when can we move her somewhere else?" "Soon" "ugh baby, I've said that for almost a month now, you can move her, your dad isn't keeping an eye on you anymore, and you're permanently the CEO, no one take that away from you either, so like get rid of her or something" "Maria, I told you, I'm only staying with her until the project, you know how important it is to me. She'll leave once that's done."

Before I could hear anything else, I quickly walked away from his office. Thankfully, on my way I had seen his PA, "Ma'am, office is that way" "yea, do me a favour, if he asks about me, tell him I've taken a sick leave" he just looked at me and then nodded.

I wa leaving the building when I bumped into someone, I was about to fall when they caught my arm. The same arm that was burnt. I let out a groan of pain. "Are you okay?" I opened my eyes to see Atif, who looked really concerned. "Atif? You're late. " "Alaya, are you okay? " "Of course I aa-" I bumped into the wall again, causing me to groan in pain again.

"You're not okay, let's go." "What where?" he held my bag that I was wearing and dragged me with it. Making sure he didn't accidentally touch me. He made me sit in his car, and soon, we stopped outside the hospital.

"Atif, what are we here?" "Because you're hurt, and I've made a promise. "Promise?" Like on cue, there was a knock on my side of the window. Before I could dig a hole and die, Atif rolled down the window.

"Miss Alaya, would you like me to personally drag you out of this car, or would you like to get out yourself?" I nodded and got out of the car. "What are you doing here? Don't you have work?" I asked an angry Samia, looking ready to murder me. "I ask questions, not you, for now, let's get you checked up." Ugh

After my checkup was over, I was sitting in front of a very angry Atif and Samia. "You guys look cute together?" I said, trying to ease the tension. Atif looked at Samia, but when she gave no moment, he went back looking at me, too. This is gonna take a while.

"So you're going to explain?" "Ugh fine" "good" after their best attempts, they made me speak in under 12 minutes, her new record of making me speak. No point lying, she'd know, so I told her what Maria had done, and she looked ready to murder someone. Atif understood this, too, and started cooling her down.

"You're only telling me this now?" "It's not a big deal" "Not a big deal, BiG dEaL. Atif, do something before I kill her. " "I thought you were on my side. " she gave me a glare that sent shivers down my spine.

After a while, when it looked like she calmed down, she looked ready to talk. "Listen, Alaya, what's happening with you isn't right, and you gotta understand why I'm angry at you too" "I know" "so what are you going to do now?" "To be honest, I'm still figuring that out" " oh" "yea, something will work out, but I have a favor to ask" "Sure?"

"Don't worry about the cash, I'll have my cousin deliver it by tomorrow morning." "Thanks so much, gurl," we hugged.
We headed to dinner since all of us forgot about it in our little reunion. Afterward, Atif and Samia dropped me off home and then went to drop Samia home.

I opened the door and dragged myself in. Thankfully, it was quiet, but it was suspicious since it was almost half 10.

I walked up to my room and closed the door. As I turned on the light, I let out a shriek as I felt something on my shoulder.

The lamp on my desk turned on, enough to give the room some lighting and to see the room.

"What are you doing here?" "Why can I not be here?" "Because this is my room. " "Last I checked, I didn't need to ask which room I could be in my own house. " "Oh, excuse me, I forgot. I'll just leave. " As I turned to leave, his hand in contact with my bandaged arm, which made me whince in pain.

"Harris, let go, it hurts." "So now it hurts. Where did you go with Atif in the morning?" "What?" I looked at him confused, "I saw you and him the morning, you both left and I was told from my PA that you were on 'sick leave'" he emphasized on sick leave.

"And why do you care?" I shot back at him. He can't just ask me whatever he wanted. "I don't, I just don't my friend around a woman like you." I looked him in utter disbelief, "woman like me?" "Yea, a woman, you know your self best." "Are you questioning my character right now?" I tired saying as calm as possible, I was this close to shot him here, if he says one more thing.

"I know woman like you. I told you km not interested in marrying at the start, but you still did. Was it because of money, I'll pay you to leave" Now he passed all limits. "Don't worry, I will leave, but I swear I will not take a single cent from you when I do" and before he could argue back, I pushed him out my room with any energy I had left over and locked the room.

Breathing out and calming myself down, I decided I would finally get those kber with tomorrow.