𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢- 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

- Harris -

'I couldn't believe what Alaya had said to me, she wanted me to leave her, she wants me to go back, does she not know how hard it was for me to live those years without her, full of regret everyday. I was a jerk then, I accept that, but why does she want me to leave her now? Did she ever love ? Doeses she want this relationship?

After driving around for so long, these questiondistractedng my head, I didn't know what to do, I ended up driving to her place. Parking my car, I walked up to her door, ringing the bell a couple of times. "Harris? why are you here at this time?" "Tell , e Alaya, did you ever love me? tell me?" "What are you talking about?" "you sa , you want me to go back. I'll go back, I'll go back right now, just tell me, did you ever love me?" Her face went stiff, looking agitated, "and what will my answer do?" "it will either keep me sane or make me go insane." "Harris, sometimes no matter how much you love someone, they just can't love you back in the same way. I was too early with my emotions, and you're late. I'm sorry Harris" "Don't apologize, I know you have some feelings for you, you feel something for me, you can't tell me this." I came closer, closing our distance, "Harris, I don't want you. It would be best if you go back to the people who do." She took a step back. "Harris, let's go back to how things we before we even met. Maybe this way it would be easier for us." she sa, d taking a sharp breath. "I'm sor, y Harris, goodbye." "You're not sure what you're sayi, g Alaya, you don't really want me to leave." she quietly looked down, closing the door in front of me. 

She can't do this, I thought she had forgiven me, we were coming together, I was getting my chance, why would she push me away. I looked at the door, if she wants me gone, then I'll go, she's right, I was late loving her, but at least my love is there for as long as I will, not a moment thing. 

looking back at the house, I returned back to my car, driving to my hotel. I didn't want to stay here any longer than I had to. I instantly called up the PA. "I want a flight back for tonight." I went to pack up bags, I was in shock and disbelief, she really wanted me gone, so why now, she was happy with me, why all of sudden, in just a few days she changed?

I was informed my flight was in 3 hours, packing up, and I looked around the hotel room. This room where she spent her first night with me. I internally laughed, she took care of me, she slept with me, ate with me, yet there were no emotions for me. I hired a taxi and went to the airport. 'Maybe this is what I get for hurting her, I left her, I didn't love her, treat her like I should have. I hope you stay hap, y Alaya Ali.' 

- °•○•° -

"You're back, sir?" My PA followed me towards our car, "yes, let's first stop by the office." "Yes, sir." Arriving at the office, I headed to the CEO office. I was no one was there. "Who's been doing the work lately?" "Mr. Ali was doing it remotely lately." I nodded, "I want all the work and files sent to me. Nothing goes to him. Tell everyone that I'm back and set any meetings for the days coming. For today, I'll visit my father." "Yes, sir."

I went back to the car and asked the driver to drop me at my father's house. Upon arrival, I entered the house. "Harris beta, you're here?" Rameen Aunty asked, I nodded, "Where's Abbu?" "He's in his room. He's been waiting for you." "What do you mean, waiting for me?" "he collapsed from overworking. He's been only asking for you." I walked behind her as she led me to their room. She brought me into their room. Abbu lay on the bed, and he looked weak and tired. "Harris is here." She quietly said to him, hearing this, Abbu turned to see me, He smiled. He tried getting up to sit, and I rushed over to help him sit up. "You're here." "I am. Are you feeling okay?" "Of course I am, what can happen to an old man like me. But how are you back?" " I was wrong abut something, and I'm back before I was wrong about leaving you too." I looked at him. "I'm sorry Harris, I was cold to you all you're life, I didn't care about your emotions, I gave you everything except the love and care you deserved after your mother died. I thought getting you another mother would help, but of course that that would never work. I'm sor, y my son, I wish I was a better father." "Abbu, don't say that, you gave me attention, yes it was in another way, but you cared of getting me things, making sure I had everything, I will always be grateful for all this." "When did you arrive back?" "A couple of hours ago," "get some rest, son." "I will , in a bit, but from now on, I'm taking charge of the company, you're going to focus on getting well, and I'll be here everyday, to make sure that you do." He smiled and agreed with me. 

- a month later - 

"That was the last meeti, g sir." "Good, I will head over to my father's place." he nodded, and I left for my car. I was going to start the engine when my phone rang. "Yes?" "Mr. Harris Ali, I presume speaking?" "Yes, who's this?" "I'm Malik Khan, I have a matter to talk to you about, would you be free?" "I'm not sure, I have to be somewhere right now" "I know you have to be, but this would only take 10 minutes, I'm sure you're father won't might you being late." "Who did you-" "I'll be waiting at the address I'm sending you, I expect you to meet me there." Before I could reject his offer, he ended the call, followed by a text of the address he sent. Contemplating, I decided to check out whatever this was and find out how he knew where I was about to go. 

"I'm surprised you came, Mr. Harris." "I wanted to see the man, who seemed to know where I was going, are you some stalker?" "Of course not, I just had my people follow you. We have this habit of watching our enemies and beneficial people." "considering this situation, I'm betting I'm the beneficial person." "Straight to the point Mr. Harris, I like that. Yes, I need a favor to ask from you," "and how can I help?" "working in the interior and exterior business has benefits, having plans and scripts of places, no?" "you have your research done." "I always have my homework done. Tell me, how was your trip to Germany, and reconnecting with your wife?" he smirked. He knew which buttons to press. "What do you want?" "Don't worry, I don't hurt people who mean nothing to me, especially women, It's not in my motto to hurt anyone innocent." "I see you have your motto set up straight." he nodded proudly. "I'll help, one two conditions," he signaled for to continue, "first, I'll help, as long I don't get put in mess." he nodded, "I work myself, I don't need to involve anyone." "two, you seem like someone I could need, If I ask for a favor, you will work with me too." "Sure, " he said, a one word answer. 

With our deal made, he told me what he wanted, "you want the flor maps of all the floor of that hotel?" he nodded. "You'll have it by tonight, I'll email it to you." "great, It was a pleasure working with you." We greeted and went our separate ways, as if we never knew each other.

I arrived at my parents' house, 2 hours later than I was supposed to. I entered the hallway and met Rameen Aunty, I was about to walk past her when she stopped me. "Your father fell asleep a while ago. It's best to let him sleep." I stopped and nodded, I didn't know what else to do. "Would you like some tea while you wait." "okay," I answered. She smiled and led me to the kitchen. Once the tea was ready, she poured me a cup and a cup for herself. We both sat in silence, drinking our tea. "How was the business event?" she asked, breaking the silence. "It was fine." she nodded. We both went quiet again, and again, she asked me other questions, "How's Alaya?" The question got my attention, I looked up to her, "How do you know about her?" I asked. "I talked to her a while ago-" she said, looking at me, "she told me she met you there." "But you two never talked more than you had to." "Yes, I had figured out you found her. When you told your father you had to do something important.  I figured out you had found her, I also saw the article of you two that confirmed it." "why are you telling me this?" I asked her, and what was her point. "Because. Because I'm the reason she told you to come back." she said in a low voice. "What!" I asked, getting up. 

"What do you mean?" "the dear is a sweet and kind girl. You weren't listening to your father, and you weren't coming back. He had fallen. I'll after you said you weren't coming back. I had figured it out it was because of her. I was worried seeing my husband sick and unwell. So I called her, and told her how ill your father was because of work, and how he needed you." she said, holding herself together. "It was the only way to call you back." she said, looking at me apologetically. "And you knew she would do it. She's too kind-hearted and caring. I can't believe you used her kindness like this, " I scoffed. "I'm sorry, I know it was my fault, but your father needed you." she said, tears forming in her eyes. "I have some work, I'll see when I can come over soon."

I left the house and drove back to my office, I decided to distract myself with my work, It was the best thing to do to keep my mind off things, but every few minutes, I wanted to call her, ask her how she easily she sent me away, how she cared for others, but not me.