𝚃𝚎𝚗 - 𝚌𝚘𝚒𝚗

Alaya -

The next morning was Saturday, I had finished late last nigh as I had an online meeting for a Canadian company last night, and because of hour differences between England and Canada, I had ended up sleeping at 3.I woke up late this morning, almost at half 9. There was no screaming at my door, so that either means he's sleeping in or he doesn't care. 'Whatever'

I got up and freshened up for the day. I went for a white and pastel colored summer dress since it was getting warm here. I put my hair up, or else they would get me warmed. I made my way downstairs. He wasn't down stairs, he might have gone out. I made our breakfast and made my breakfast. I was cleaning the kitchen up when the door opened, reviling a casual dressed Harris. He was dressed in a black t-shirt and baggy pants. I was cleaning and chose to ignore looking at him until he came up and placed a bag on the counter. I looked at him, and he didn't say anything. "Where were you, and what's this?"Listen, I don't like telling people where I go and what I do, so I don't ask you anything, and you don't ask me anything either. Got it?" I nodded. "Your family and mine are coming over for dinner. You better not let them know that we don't get along, understand." I nodded again. "they'll be here at six, and I want everything ready by five," and he said that he walked off. 

I didn't fell excited about my family coming over and I can't tell them much about him, but even if we don't tell them anything, the way he interacts with me is enough for them to know too that we don't get along. 

I tried to think positively and started making different dishes. I had made chana chaat, lasagna, and Nihari since it was one of my favorite dishes. I had worked around two hours, hoping they tasted good, and then after that, I gave the house a quick clean before our families started arriving. 

I went to my room and quickly took a quick shower and changed into a desi outfit since they were my go-to outfits most times. I went for a baby pink and white outfit. The top was a baby pink color with white lace on it, and it went with a matching white bottom and  dupatta. I went for silver jewelry and put my hair half up and half down. I looked myself in the mirror once, and I fixed my dupatta around my head. I checked the time it was almost half 6, and no one was still here, but that's Desis' for you, never on time (and I don't include myself in them).

I heard Harris call me down stairs, once I made my way downstairs, for a minute it looked like Harris was looking at me from top to bottom, he was wearing a a simple button down with loose pants, but I choose to ignore him and went into the living room when I heard the door bell, when I got he was making an annoyed face and still hadn't opened the door until I didn't stand beside him, Our families had shown up at the same time. I hugged my parents and then Harris said salaam to both of them, I saw Hiba and hugged her and then I met Rameen aunty and Jamil uncle. There was another lady with them, she looked a little older than Harris.

 "I finally get to meet my little brother's wife. Nice to meet you. I'm Amna." "Nice to meet Aman, baji?" "baji is fine, here's a late wedding gift, sorry I wasn't able to come to your wedding, my husband got ill and I couldn't leave him" "oh, is he better now?" "yes, he's at home with our son, Aryan" Oh, why did you not bring them?" "Aryan was felling unwell all day, so his father told me to come with Ammi and abbu, inshallah they'll come again" "inshallah"  I replied, Harris came beside and intertwined our hands, which I kind of found awkward but he didn't look at me instead he smiled and "let's carry on our conversations in the living room, he held my hand and lead the way into the  living room. 

Everyone sat down and went back to talking, I tried releasing my hand from his, but he just ended up holding it even harder, which ended up hurting. After my unsuccessful attempt to release my hand, I gave up. After a while or two, I told Harris it was time we had dinner, he let go of my hand and I went to the kitchen to set the dining table. Amna baji and Hiba helped set it up. Once we were done, Harris brought them all into the kitchen and told everyone to sit down. He purposely moved first and sat down beside me. "You all are going to enjoy the food. She worked so hard when she heard you guys are coming," he smiled and said as he placed a hand on my back. I could see Mama and Rameen Aunty smiling as he said that. 

We all finished dinner, and I made tea and served the red velvet cake I had made for dessert. "mashallah, you two look so good together" baba said, I looking at him in disbelief, Jamil uncle agreed with him and the rest of the time, they all talked about random things and soon, baba said they have to leave since baba has work in the morning and Hiba had an exam. I bid them and Harris's family goodbye and went back to cleaning. 

 I was picking things up when I heard Harris on the phone. "I miss you too, baby, no, you should come over, yea. okay, see you tomorrow. " He's like a coin. He was being nice to me when our family was here but cold and distant when they were gone. I was washing the dishes when he came into the kitchen, "Don't make me breakfast or dinner tomorrow" I didn't react and just focused on cleaning the plates in my hand, he was still standing there "next time please don't touch me", he didn't say anything and I heard him walk away and I went back to washing the dishes. After the kitchen was clean. I went into my room to pray. 

After Isha, I went on my laptop to look at  my schedules. My last project got canceled since the company got bankrupt. I was going through emails when my phone started ringing. It was Samia. 

"You're favorite person is back." "Here, really?" "yea, you free tomorrow?" "yea" "great, you driving or me?" "don't have a car yet, so you're picking" "great then I can see you're new house of yours" "sure, but what happened in Pakistan, how are you back so quickly " "don't ask, my grandma wanted to get me married before she died, the next day the doctors said she isn't dying, she's just not eating her meds and that's it. We flew back a day later since papa has work" "wow, I think your grandma was right, you should get married" "not arranged though, I'm find a guy myself then tell my parents about him" "huh, I wish I did that" "okay, so what time should I pick you up?"How about 10" "9" "half 9?" "Half 9 sounds great,  I'll pick you up then. " "Any other news though? " "yea, we had dinner with our families today. "No way, how was it?". For almost one hour, I told her about everything, of how distant Harris is with his mother and sister. How he would act super nice and kind to me in front of our families. "You're right he is like a coin. Just avoid him if he's avoiding you." 

We talked about random things until I was finishing some files, and she continued to talk to me. Soon, we both grew tired and planned to talk more tomorrow.  

----------------------------------------------------------

what do y'all think of Harris?

and how do you guys like Alaya?

take care <33