𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢- 𝚝𝚠𝚘

- Alaya -
I woke up at 4, when my phone rang for the fifth time. I had gotten up in a hurry looking at the time. Romessa api and Shehryar bhai. I quickly ran in the bathroom for a nice hot shower and to quickly do my routine.

I had changed into my outfit. I had debated between going for a long floral dress or a pink outfit mama had gotten for me from Pakistan. The pink dress felt right, it looked beautiful with the details and the baby pink color, I paired it with a tan hijab and light makeup to match with it, I went for golden heels and jewelry to finish the look. (Outfit^)

The doorbell rang just in time, I had finished getting ready and went to open the door, Romessa api, and the kids entered, followed by Shehryar bhai and Atif. I sat them down as I got my things and bag from my room, and got Samia. I got my bag and went to the guest bedroom. "Samia, everyone is waiting." I knocked and entered the room, "I'm ready," she said, putting her makeup away. I was in awe seeing how beautiful she looked in her purple Ling dress. "You look absolutely beautiful." I said, looking at her. "You look beautiful yourself, babe." She said, linking arms with me.

We made our way downstairs, Atif immediately got up, looking at Samia, I elbowed her, to which she blushed and looked away. We stood never Atif, and I excused myself away from the couple. I went over to Romessa api, who had Kinza in her arms. "Where are the boys, api?" I asked, realizing the boys weren't here. "Thier nanny and mamoo are here, and the boys didn't want to go anywhere, but Kiran, on the other hand, she didn't want to go." "Aw, no problem, Kiran can stay with me." I said, cupping her cheeks, and she liked it because she leaped into my arms. "It's decided api, Kiran will be my partner for the night." I said, placing kisses on Kiran's forehead. "Sometimes i think you're her mother." Romessa joked.

We all decided it was time to head to the hall now, or else we'd be really late. I went with Romessa api and Shehryar bhai. Samia and Atif went in their car. When we got outside the hall, there were so many cameras and reporters and paparazzi everywhere. I covered Kiran with my dupatta, so the flashing lights wouldn't irritate her. Once we were inside, it looked like I walked into some fancy ball, straight out of movies. Everyone looked beautiful. Shehryar bhai and Romessa Api went to meet some business partners they knew. I went to Kiran, and I didn't mind, I didn't feel bored or lonely. I did occasionally have to talk to a few managers and owners, I was surprised when some of the guests had known about my project work and were interested in working with me.

- °•○•° -
Most people had started to dance and enjoy dinner, it was fun watching them all, Kiran was also enjoying it, she was such a sweet kid, she quietly looked around her surroundings. We were looking at couples dancing when I heard a voice call me. I turned to see Alex standing beside me. "Alaya, you look hot." I cringed at his compliment. "Thanks, I guess." "Would you care to dance with me?" This guy really isn't giving up. "Sorry, Alex, I have my hands full. I'll be fine, you go enjoy yourself." I gave him a dry look. He looked at me, upset and angry, and he walked away.

"Aya, I'm thirsty." She tapped my shoulder, "Let's get you something to drink." I smiled and walked over to the table with her. I saw a group of people talking, and I was passing them when Ms. Williams called out to me. "Alaya, why don't you join us." She smiled. Julia, her assistant, Mr. Kang, Ms. Song and Harris stood with her. After a bit of hesitating, "Of course, i just need to find a water bottle." As I turned to find some water, he stood in front of me, I looked at him, wondering why he stopped my way. He quietly handed me a water bottle. I nodded and thanked him. As everyone was watching us and talking about other topics, I helped Kiran sit down and drink the water. "She's so cute. How old is your daughter?" Ms. Song asked.

I looked at Harris as he also looked at me, waiting to hear my answer. "She's four." I answered. As if he remembered to take a breath, he sat down beside Kiran. Immediately as if Kiran recognized her, she smiled and shook hands with him. "Aya, Aya, this is the uncle that gave me chocolates last time, and the one who picked you up when you fell," I turned to loom at him. He's the one who saved me.

I wanted to say something to him, at least a thank you, but the words couldn't come out. Just then, Ms. Williams assistant Julia whined, "I forgot a hair tie." She pouted. I looked in my bag, but I didn't have one either. "Harris has one," Mr. Kang pointed. Everyone turned to Harris. He did have a hair tie on his wrist. It was a pink butterfly hair tie. Wait, I've seen that one before. It was my favorite hair tie I lost. He had it?

"Sorry ladies, this is my hair tie. I can't lend it to anyone." "Ooh, is it from someone special?" The woman asked in awe. "Very special. " he said, looking at me. Kiran shouted towards her mother, Romessa Api turned and gestured for her to come to her. The music changed, and a lot of the couples cheered. Getting into positions, they started dancing to the song. Mr. Kang and Ms. Williams also got into a pair to start dancing. Jules looked towards Harris, who was too busy looking at me, and he's being too obvious. "How about a dance?" Jules asked Harris, he kept looking at me, "goof idea." While Jules took a step towards Harris, he held my waist with one hand and my other hand. And pulled me towards the other dancing couples.

"Harris, what do you think you're doing?" "I'm dancing with my wife." "I'm not your wife, remember, I mean nothing to you. They're your own words." "I know I said that, and I truly apologize. I was a jerk, and i realized that you're an amazing woman, Alaya. And I miss treated you. I can prove to you that I've changed, i want you, Alaya." He said gently, as gentle as his grip on my waist, pulling me towards him.

I didn't want to hear him right now. I stayed quiet, so Harris kept staring at me, trying to figure out what I might say next. "Thank you for saving me that day." I started, "but please don't do that again. If Im dying or passed out or sick, dknt come near me, I mean nothing to you." I finished, pushing him back a bit, I turned towards the toilets.

While washing my hands, sharp pains hit my lower abdomen, I wanted to sit there and cry, I just had to last a bit longer, then I could go home. I was exiting the toilet, when someone pushed me into the corner, I tried shouting but they had covered my mouth with their hand. I tired freeing myself, but they had me pinned to the wall, I looked at who it was. He slowly removed his hand from my mouth. "What is your problem, Alex? Why are you doing this to me?" "Me? You're the one dancing with another man, yet you rejected me. Why Alaya?" "And what's with you? I can dance with whoever I want." I shouted on his face, trying to free myself from his grip, but it just got stronger.

"Alaya, why don't you understand, I like you, why don't you let me have you?" "Because I don't like you, now let go of me. OR ELSE" "or else, what?" He challenged me. He brought his face forward, seeing this as an opportunity, I freed my leg and kneed him where the sun never shines, causing him to fall back in the sudden pain and give me the chance to run away from there.

I turned a corner and bumped into a hard wall, I was recovering my balance when I felt a grip on my wrist. "What's worng with your wrist?" He asked in his authoritative voice. "Why does it matter to you." I asked, looking back at him. As soon as he saw my face, his face softened, touching my face and caressed his hand on my cheek. "Alaya, what's wrong? Why are you crying." I hadn't realized I had been crying. I quickly wiped any tears that were streaming. "Im fine." I said and walked away, I couldn't disturb anyone, so I decided to hire a taxi and get home.

I waited outside for a while, "why aren't there any taxis when you need them." I walked around, trying to see if I could see any. Right then, a black car stopped in front of me. The window rolled down, reveling the person I didn't want to see. "Alaya, get in." "No, Harris. I won't. " "Alaya get in now." He said in his annoyed tone. "No." I started walking towards the road, but he kept following me. The bad thing was that I didn't know where I was going. I stopped at a traffic light, confused where I should go. Taking advantage, Harris stopped his car in front of me, he came out the other way, and stood in front of me. "We can do this that easy way or the hard way, your choice," he shrugged. "No choice, now go aw-" Before I finished my sentence, he picked me up mid-air and put me in the car.