𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 - 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐

- Alaya -

Working at Ali corporation is a great opportunity and would give me so much experience but I didn't want this job just because I'm now married to it's CEO. Just before I could answer them, Harris put his hand around my waist like we were some loving couple. "Abbu, would you excuse us for just a second" he said and dragged me along to a small closet/ laundry room near the kitchen. As soon as we got there, I removed his hand away from my waist, "what was the for?" I looked up at him, "you're going to reject the job offer" "I wasn't going to accept in the first place" I said back, "good" he said and walked out in front of me. His parents were waiting for us the living room now, "so beta have you made a decision?" "yes Uncle, but I will have to decline the offer, I want to work where I deserve to be there with my hard work, not give a privilege's because of my marriage and relations" 

Jamil uncle smiled happily while Rameen aunty said something to him, "I would love to offer you tea or something to eat, but I'm really late for my meeting" "of course beta, it's our fault for dropping in uninvited" Jamal uncle looked behind me at Harris, "are you going to be dropping her at work?" 

"no" "yes" we said in fusion, he spoke before me, "uh, I'll be dropping her until I find her a car" his father nodded. "okay kids, we'll arrange a proper time for a family dinner, for now we should go so you could get to work" we both nodded. Once they left, I locked the door and found out he had already left, 'great' now I'll have to get a cab to work. 

I stood for 10 minutes trying to hail a cab and I couldn't. After a while, a cab had finally stopped, I gave the driver the address and told him to drive a bit faster since I was really late. I had arrived at the meeting place with a few minutes to spare. 

I headed to the reception and told them I have a meeting, they had brought me up to the meeting room. When I went in, there were a few people already there and many people were waiting for the few people left. I had found my place and quietly sat down and started reviewing my file. While I was looking over my file, I felt some one looking at me. I looked around to see the young man sitting beside me looking at me. 

"can I help you" I asked him sternly. "I'm sorry I was a glimpse of your work, it looks good, I'll look for your presentation then" I slowly nodded. 

- ....- 

After I had finished up my presentation,  I was waiting for any questions any one could have, I man from before I raised his arm, I looked at him, "Miss Alaya, do you currently work under anyone?" "no sir, I work at as an independent. Companies offer me a short term and I fulfill any project works one might have" he nodded at my answer. The rest of the questions were more direct the presentation and I had tried answering them well enough. 

After the meeting ended,  I got a text from Jasmine, the one I worked for this term, she wants to meet me. I headed to her office and entered the room when I was allowed in. The young man from before was also here. Ignoring him I looked at Jasmine, "you wanted to see me" "yes Alaya, take a seat". I had no choice but to seat down. "This is Atif, he is one of our partners, he was seen your work" "yes Jasmine, her work is quite impressive and I was wondering is she would like to work for us anytime soon." I looked at him. "well Atif I can't say much, it's up to Alaya at the end." They both looked at me waiting for my answer. "Mr. Atif, I wouldn't mind working. but I will just have to check in with my calendar and schedule before I let you know, If I am interested ,  I will tell you a meeting time in which you could give a rough project plan of" "great, could I have a business card?" he looked up at me as I was getting ready to leave. I gave him my card and left the office after a tiring day. I decided to go home straight away so I could make something for dinner and then sleep.

- Harris - 

I was working in my office when Atif just strolled in, "ever heard of knocking?" "I have actually  but  it doesn't apply to a guy like you" "good to know" I replied and went back to work. I had taken aboard a new project and it was due in a few months, all the employees and I have to work continuously and extra hours if we're going to be done in time. 

"I have a solution for the X project" "and that is" I asked him looking away from my files I was filling out. "I found a really good business project manager, her work is good. I think we should have her onboard this project" "not a bad idea, we could use someone like that right now" "good, she's going to look at her schedule  and let us know" "I trust you Atif, she better be good, I don't have time cleaning up messes" "Harris, you know yourself who makes the messes here" and with that Atif left my office. 

It was almost six now, I hated going home now, I was forced to marry an annoying girl like her. The way she argues and stands up for herself, acting so strong. She's the reason why I haven't been able to sleep and live in peace these days. I was thinking of her, the way she looked on the wedding day, she didn't even look at me. 

I was still thinking when my phone rang. It was Abbu, "yes?" "is this some way to talk to your father" I stayed quiet. "I'm letting you know that we are inviting Alaya's family to your house tomorrow night, we will also be there" "yes abbu" "and you better be nice to her, or  you know what will happen". Our phone call ended there. I sighed out, when will this end.

I was about to pack up when some one came into my office, "hey babe" "hey Maria, how are you here?" "I just finished work and decided to visit my favorite boy friend" "favorite?" "yea, only and favorite" then she crashed her lips on mine and we started making out. We decided we were going to home. "babe, when will you leave that witch" "don't know babe, I'll loose my position of CEO if I do something" "babe don't do anything rash, I don't want you to lose your position. Maybe there is another way, that will make her leave herself" while we were driving home, Maria explained the whole plan to me. "are you sure babe?" "it'll be for a while Harris, then all will be mine at the end" she laughed. "now drop me home, but remember to take it slow, we don't want her to get suspicious"

After I dropped her home, I drove myself home. Our routine was to avoid each other as much as possible, I would have breakfast and dinner after her. I opened the door, the house was clean like it is everyday. I headed upstairs to my room to freshen up, after I had changed into a t-shirt and sweats, I headed to to the kitchen to get my food.  I looked at a plate of food that was covered, it was biryani today. I heated it up and then went to the dinning table to eat. I started eating the food, this tasted so good. I stopped having home food ever since abbu remarried, I did everything and anything that would annoy her including not eating homemade and desi food, and I hated it because I missed the food so much. I was enjoying the food when I remembered what Maria had come up with. There was something in that felt this was wrong, but I didn't want he, I only wanted that one person. 

I was going into my room when I passing her room,  I made up my mind, I'll do it 

---------------------------------

Assalamualaikum guys, how is everyone?

what did you think of this part?

What do you think Harris is planning to do with Alaya?