𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝

Alaya -
As soon as we had gone up to his parents, Harris wrapped his arm around my waist. It did something in my stomach, but of course, this was all an act. He had already been  looking so handsome and attractive. "You guys look so beautiful together, the photographer is waiting for us," Rameen Aunty said, "we're taking a family photo" we all walked to an area where there was a photographer setting up his equipment.

Soon, we all got into place, and our picture was taken. "Ammi, we should take a few pictures of the married couple." Amna baji suggested. If course Rameen aunty loved that idea and told the photographer to take pictures. The photographer was having too much fun, "No sir, place a hand on ma'am's waist, yes like that. Ma'am look towards the sir, no sir you need to lean in more. " The photographer was taking too many photos.

After what felt like forever, we were finished, Amna baji had called me over to introduce me to some guests that were over. "Mashallah, is she you're sister-in-law" "she's very pretty" "where did you find her" All the aunties were nice and Amna baji made sure to stay with me so I didn't fall into their questions. We had managed to escape them and sat down a table since we were both so tired with all the walking and talking. 

"it's nice you guys came today." "Of course," I told her, "we were talking when most of the guests had left now." Harris had come and sat beside me, and soon we were joined with Amna baji's family and uncle and aunty. "Harris, you and Alaya are going to stay over for tonight." "Yes," he said coldly. It was something I had noticed. He was always cold with his family and also always did what his father said, only what his father said. 

Everyone went and turned in for the night. Me and Harris had gone into his old room, by the looks of the room, it was well kept but it didn't look like anyone was here for a long time. Harris had gone first to the bathroom while I waited by taking off my jewelry and hijab pins, I managed to free hair down. and I started brushing it. I remembered I don't have any clothes to wear right now since we weren't planning on staying over. 

I was still brushing my hair when Harris came out. He looked astonished looking at me, I was felt my cheeks heat up as he continued to look at me. "Um, I have no clothes to wear" "oh" "I don't think I can ask Amna baji yet right now either" "um, why don't you wear some thing from my closet" he turned towards his closet and pulled out a t-shirt and sweatpants. I took them and headed into the bathroom and changed into the bathroom. The t-shirt was oversized on me, and the sweatpants sat on my hip bone. I washed off my makeup and came out of the bathroom. To him, looking at a picture from his drawer, he still didn't see me. "what's that" I spoke startling him, "nothing" "aw, but the little boy looks so cute" I said snatching the picture away form him, there was another woman in the picture with the boy, "Alaya give it back" he said trying to take it back from me, "but let me just see" "Alaya-" he kept chasing me until we both fell on top of each other on the ground, he had prompted himself up on his arms.

I was looking at his features, his chiseled face, his smooth forehead, well-defined Jawline, his deep eyes looking back at me, his thinned lips. He looked at me then at my lips, like he was asking something, 'Alaya, don't give in' I kept repeating but as he started leaning in, I couldn't take it a leaned in as well and our lips touched for the first time. We both stayed in the position for so long, and slowly, we pulled apart and continued to look back at me. "The young boy in the picture is me," he said, getting up off me and helping me up. He took the picture away from me and put it back in his drawer. 

Both of us quietly laid on either side of the bed, I had so many questions in my head. We were both laying in bed, but I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I turned to face Harris to see him already looking at me, "um, how's the woman in the picture with you" I was really curious since both of them looked so close, "that's my ammi, she died when I was young" all I could say was 'oh' "she had a heart problem growing up, but people always told me that it was because of Rameen aunty she died. Rameen aunty used to work for abbu. After her husband left her, many people said she started going after abbu, so abbu married her to keep her away from the rumors, ammi tried being okay with it, but a lot of people put her under pressure too. and the worst part was that abbu wasn't there for her when she needed him. When she was dying, he was with his new wife and daughter. He's the reason she died that day, " he said, sounding mad again.

"You know what they say. When someone goes through hardship, she should always forgive them." he just looked at me. " someone who hurts someone else doesn't deserve to be forgiven" "not even for Allah, forgiving is also a good deed" he gently touched my face, "I've stopped doing other things for him, how can I forgive someone for him after all I'm doing" "If you have the right intentions, then anything is possible" 

Eventually, we both fell asleep while looking at each other. This was a different type of sleep 
I had over many years, but it was peaceful and calming. 

The next morning I woke up, and found myself sleeping, I looked beside me to see the bed empty, 'he must have woken up before me' I checked the time, but it was only half 7. I went into the bathroom and didn't have a short morning routine. when I came back into the room, I saw Harris coming into the room with a bag, I looked at the bag then back at him "you had no clothes, I got some of you're things" I looked through the clothes, "this will have to work" he had brought 2 pairs of clothes with accessories and everything, this man knew fashion. I went for a white and beige checkered dress and a white cardigan to cover my arms, I went for my beige hijab and white sneakers to match my outfit. This man even managed to bring my makeup pouch, I did a light pink lipstick and Kajal to finish my look.  

Once I was done getting ready, we went downstairs for breakfast, "good morning kids" "good morning uncle" I said responded and sat down beside Harris, "Amna headed home with her son and husband since her son has school tomorrow, when are you guys planning on leaving?" "Probably after breakfast, " "I see, " Aunty responded this time. "And how's the project going?" Jamil uncle asked. 

"good, we're making progress, Alaya is head manager in charge of it too" "really beta" he said looking at me, "I wish you two the best of luck" Rameen aunty smiled at us. I returned the smile while Harris wasn't half as interested. 

After we had finished breakfast, I gathered all my things and put them in Harris's car, and after saying our goodbye's to his family we were driving home when I saw something, "STOP THE CAR" he braked on the car so hard we both fell forward, "Alaya, you better have a good reason for this?" "I do promise, look over there, we can we please go there" "you won't stop until I don't take you there" "nope" he sighed and turned his car around and drove us there.

------------------------------

where is there?

How did you all find this part?