𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛

- Alaya - 

I had seen Harris and another girl as they were getting passed me making out and on top of each other, they had stopped in front of me, the girl eyed me from top to bottom, I had seen her somewhere before. Then my mind clicked I had seen her with Harris that time at the restaurant. 

The girl looked at me with disgust then looked at Harris, "this is her" she pointed at me like I was some germ or something. "yes I am here" I told her, how can she look at me like I'm something useless. "gosh Harris, those parents of yours have no taste and I can see it" "don't worry about it babe, think of it this way, I've gotten a new maid" he said smirking at me. "after all, if she hadn't come in the middle I wouldn't have fired my other maid"

"Maid?" "yea girl, didn't you hear clear enough, now go get me something to eat". Who does she think I am, I looked at her hands, "I see your hands are still in tact so why don't you do it yourself" I was leaving the dinning hall when Harris grabbed my arm in a painful grip. I stopped and looked at him. His eyes full of anger and disgust. "DON'T EVER SPEAK TO MARIA LIKE THAT AGAIN" he let go of my arm and pushed me in front of Maria. "now whatever she says you do" I looked at him with the same rage he had in his eyes. "now go get me something to eat" Maria said smirking at me. Trying not to let them see me cry, I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed the packed take out, I cam out and handed her the bag. "here you go" and left her, if he wanted the food she could move around herself. 

I rushed up to my room and locked my door, I slid past the door and looking at my wrist, it had a red bruise on it now. For the rest of the day, I spent most of my time in the room, either thinking about life or praying. I had gotten tired and after Isha I went to sleep. I had woken up for Fajr when I got an email, I had gotten accepted to the job I had applied too, It was a new business that started and they were doing well. I also had been offered a job from them. They wanted to to accept my job place or not and had to go in two days. 

With the happy news I had received, I had went back to take a little nap. There was loud banging on my door that startled me from my sleep. I looked at my phone it was half seven in the morning. Tying my hair I had gotten out of bed and opened the door to see and angry Harris standing there in a suit. "what" I asked him unbothered, "don't give me attitude, go make me breakfast, because of you I fired my maid" "it wasn't my fault, you weren't letting her take a break, she has a daughter in the hospital" "and like I said, it's not my problem" I looked at him in disgust, "are you even human", He looked even more raged after I had said that, "no I'm not, now shut the hell up and be a good maid and make me breakfast" "I can't" I told him shrugging my shoulders "and why can't you" "there's nothing to make, everything's empty" he growled and looked at me, "I'm going to work, I'll get someone to  drop some groceries, Have dinner made by 8" he said walking away. he stopped before he disappeared from my view. "and don't come in front of me" he said and walked away. 

I went into the bathroom to do my morning routine, what the hell is wrong with that guy, Like treating me like some maid, if he didn't want to marry me then why did he in the first place. The third day went like this too, someone from his company had dropped of the groceries. I then made a chicken curry with roti and had eaten my dinner before 8. I cleaned up and set the table and left the kitchen. 

I was answering emails and doing some of my work by my desk, when I saw his car pulling up. His hair all messy and his coat in his hand, he was taller than me, maybe 6'4. I saw him come in the house. For the the next few hours I prepared for my meeting tomorrow, prayed Isha and worked on my final work before I decided to turn in for the night. 

The next day, I had gotten up after Fajr and reviewed my work and started getting ready. I went down to the kitchen and made myself and him breakfast. When I had finished breakfast it was almost seven, the time he said he would come down for breakfast so I went back to my room to get ready to leave. 

It was almost 8 when I was ready and was  makin my way downstairs when I was stopped. "and where do you think you're going?" "work" "and who gave you permission" I looked at him with a straight face, " I don't need some one's permission to work" my remarks would often make him mad and now too. "I don't care if you live, work or die. I want my food at the right time and my house clean" "why don't you get you're little girlfriend to do it instead" he walked up right in front of me, but me holding my ground I didn't move, so now he was towering above me, his scent hitting my nose, "like I've said before don't ever talk about Maria with that mouth of yours or else" "or else what" I challenged him. 

Right before he answered, the doorbell rang, we were both standing in the middle of the hallway, I looked at him as he ignored me again and went to answer the door. It was Jamil uncle and Rameen aunty. As they came in Harris came and stood behind me. 

"oh where are you two going?" Rameen aunty asked. "none of your business" I heard Harris say quietly but loud enough to hear in the the quiet room. I could see Rameen aunties smile drop and Jamil uncle give Harris a hard glare. "we're going to work" I told them as I smiled at the elderly couple. "oh are you working at Ali corporation too" she asked me, "no actually I'm going to work some where else, I have a meeting in an hour" "oh, beta why don't you work at our company" Jamil uncle asked, "dad, she can't there isn't a position for her" "boy, don't forget you may be CEO but I'm still the founder and owner, I can remove you whenever I want" 

"now beta, would you like to work at Ali corporation?"

----------------------------------------------

Assalamualaikum everyone, how is everyone doing?

what do you think of this part?

Do you think Alaya will take this job?