𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗- 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

Alaya -

The next morning, I found myself outside his bedroom door with a tray full of breakfast for him.

sigh

I knocked on the door and heard a faint 'come in' and opened the door and made my way to him.

I walked into the room, and he was either in his bathroom or closet, I walked up and placed the tray on the table. I was setting up the tray when he came out, dressed in fresh clothes, and showered. I tried my best not to look at him that much.

I was about to leave when he stopped by asking me, "Have you had breakfast?" "Yes, " I gave him a simple answer, and he nodded. "How did you know I was drunk?" He asked, looking at the hungover drink i found in the cabinet when I was looking around. "You came home last night." "I know that much," I sighed at my stupid response to his question. I was about to leave when he said something again. "I'll be going to work with you today. My car broke down, so I'll have to carpool with for a while", again I just nodded and left his room.

I went to change for worm, I went for a dark jeans skirt and matched it with a grey oversized jumper and a black hijab.

I walked out of my room and outside the house. He was waiting for me outside. "I'm driving," he said and brought his hands towards me to take my keys, and I, without protesting, gave it to him and sat in the car.

We were driving to work, and I had finally mustered the strength to ask him. "Where had you been for 2 days?" "Out" "out? Do you know how many people asked me where you were, do you know how worried I was, I stayed up the while first night and the second night I couldn't sleep" I said confronting him, "I didn't tell you to worry about me did I, and where I went isn't your business"
"Right, it isn't my business." we had stopped now, so I got out and made my way inside the building.

I made my office, and he entered after me. "We're having our meeting in 10 minutes."

After our meeting. We were having lunch, and I had gone with some of the other employees. When I came back to the office, I heard Atif in the office mad at Harris while Harris looked unbothered. I quietly knocked on the door and walked in, "everything okay?" Atif looked startled but soon composed himself, but still mad. "Sorry, we just had a little conversation." I nodded, uncertain. "Have a thought of what I said, Harris, or else you'll suffer," he said and talked out.

That was weird. I thought, "What was Atif-" "None of your business, now get back to work," he said in a stern voice. I quietly sat back in my seat and started working.

Just before we were supposed to finish up work. He quietly packed his things and got up and left. I was stunned how he just ignored my existence. I kept working until 6, when I had finished up packing I made myself downstairs as I talked with the PA about some field I would need the next day..when I got the private parking, I realized Harris had left without me and that too with the car. "How am I supposed to get home now?" I couldn't even Uber since my phone was almost dead.'Great'.

I had walked over to a bus stop I had often seen nearby the office. I walked over and started looking at the routes, hopefully finding a bus that goes near our house. After some figuring out, thankfully, there was a bus that went nearby, but the next bus comes in 30 minutes.

So the next 30 minutes I spent at a small shop I had seen behind the bus stop. It was a handmade dress and jewelry shop. Everything in it was beautifully made, but sadly, the prices would make my wallet hurt, so I ended up buying nothing.

When the bus finally arrived, it was around half six, meaning I won't be home until late. The route the bus takes is longer than the one I would take while driving. So if it took me half an hour to get home by car, it would take almost an hour on the bus. I would take the underground train, but I've only taken it with Samia, and I don't trust myself that I won't get lost.

It was half 8 when I finally arrived home. I unlocked the door to quite and unwelcoming house. I always hated being alone for too long, but now I guess I'll have to start getting used to it.

I went up to my room and got changed in some light and comfortable clothes. I decided to skip dinner since I wasn't in the mood to eat anymore. I knew Harris wasn't home since the car wasn't here, plus bis presence is very much felt when he's here.

I was going through emails when the doorbell rang. I headed down to see how it was. I looked through the peephole to see a tall and large man standing with Harris?

I quickly fixed a rough hijab with the closest thing I could find. Anyone wondering, it was a blanket I always keep downstairs. I quickly unlocked the door. The stare the man was giving me was enough to be scared for a lifetime, but I wouldn't let him know that, so I stayed still until he didn't say anything.

"Sir.got drunk today, I was told to drop him off." I looked at his state. Anyone could tell that. "Thanks," I replied dryly, and he pushed Harris in as he slumped, holding the wall. Looks like this guy doesn't like him either.

After I closed the door, I managed to bring the drunk guy to his room, I got him in bed and took off his shoes, covered him with a blanket, and left.

The next morning, I had woken around eight, since these days I tend to sleep in a bit longer. I got dressed into some black cargo pants and beige blazer. I picked up my bag and made my way downstairs to make breakfast. I made Harris some breakfast too, but when I went up to his room and knocked a couple of times, he wouldn't answer. In the end, I opened the door to make sure he wasn't dead or something. I opened the room to find it empty. I thought maybe he was in the bathroom or his closet, but they were empty, too. I guess he left early.

I put away the extra food and got ready to go to work. Once I locked the door, I realized that there was no car since Harris had taken mine, so I had to walk to the bus stop now, meaning I'll be late for work. I started running to the bus stop when there was a car that kept honking me. At first, I ignored it, but then it got annoying, and I wanted to see who this idiot was. I turned to see Atif. He had stopped his car right beside me.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on your way to work?" He asked "I am, I have to get to the bus stop but I might be late since the next bus doesn't arrive until another 30 minutes" I said unevenly as I tired from all the running, 'I should really join a gym or ateast go jogging' I thought to myself.

"How about you just carpool with me, I'm going to the meeting we're supposed to be early." "There's still an hour until the meeting. Why so early?" "I like to be prepared, madam." "Okay, okay. Let's go, I could prepare something too. "

We ended up going to the restaurant where we were having out meeting with a few shareholders about the big project coming up.

The shareholders liked the plan so far and were aboard with the project. After wrapping up, I headed back and got he office with Atif. When we got back. Harris was in his office but again ignoring me. I tried making small talk with him, but he either ignored me or gave me rude answers.

In the evening, when we were about to finish up, he got up and left like yesterday, leaving me to get home by myself.