𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜

-Alaya- 

Soon, the grooms side had arrived at the wedding hall, and I was brought out for the nikkah to take place, and once the imam arrived, the Nikkah commenced. After he asked and we both answered with "Qabool hai" three times, we were religiously and legally husband and wife.

The rest of the event was smoothly and enjoyed by everyone, everyone except me. The whole time I was sitting beside my husband, he wouldn't talk to me, not even looking in my direction, I thought it was just the thought of us getting married and we have never met each other before. 

Soon, it was time to go. My mother-in-law told me that I would be staying with Harris in his house. After I had said goodbye to my parents, my sister and cousin helped me sit in the car while he just quietly sat in the driver seat. The whole ride was silent, neither of us talked, but maybe because we have never talked to each other before or that we're tired. 

We arrived home almost half an hour later, we had pulled up to a driveway of a beautiful house, it was a two story house and the garden looked beautiful, it looked quite expensive too. Harris had just left the car and went inside, not even sparing me a glance. I was still sitting in the car with this heavy dress. 'What is wrong with him?'  I thought. 

After much effort and carrying my dress, I made my way out of the car. My heels and heavy dress weren't making it any easier. I had slowly made my way inside by pushing the front door, as I came in, I walked down a small hallway, the house had minimal decorations and the walls had a shade of grey and white painted. I kept walking when I came into a living room  that connected to a dining room. I was so lost, I didn't know where to go. I had found a staircase down the hallway at the left, I slowly made my way up in the heavy dress. At some points, I was really going to fall. 

After managing not to fall, I made my way stairs , there were four rooms, I didn't even know which room was which. I chanced with the first one, but it looked like a study or office. I tried the second one, and to my luck, it looked like his room, I went inside and saw him as he had just come out of the bathroom. "What are you doing here?" he asked, looking at me coldly, "where else am I supposed to go?" "anywhere but here, now get lost, " but I'm your wife, we just got married a few hours ago," he laughed a sarcastic laugh," you my wife, NEVER. I only love on person, and that isn't you. Now get out. " he practically pushed me out his room and slammed the door on me. I looked at the closed door. What a great way to start a new life, they say. 

I had found my suitcase at the side of the staircase, dragging it along, I tried seeing what was behind the other two rooms. The third door and the one beside his room were locked. I only had one more chance with the last door at the far end of the hallway. I slowly twisted the doorknob, and thankfully, it was unlocked. I made my way inside, and it looked like a guest room. I slowly dragged myself and my suitcase with me inside and sighed as I sat on the bed.

'What a great night, the guy likes someone else and is married to me'. I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I took off the heavy dress and the extra hijab pins that were holding my dupatta and hijab together, but after that, it felt really nice taking off the heavy stuff. 

I took a quick shower and prayed Fajr before headed to bed, since in the summer, you can pray Fajr at two in the morning here. I was praying on the prayer mat when I didn't realize and fell asleep. 

-°•●○°- 

I heard a loud bang which caused me to get up from my sleep, I looked around to find my self in my messy shawl and sleeping on the prayer mat, I quickly got up and left my room to see what the noise was about. The noise must have come from downstairs since everything looked okay upstairs. I quickly made my way downstairs and went into the dining hall where I saw Harris talking, more like giving out to someone.

"-you have one job and you can't even do that right, what was the point of hiring maids like you?" I stepped aside to see a middle-aged woman looking down, almost as if she was about to cry. "I'm sorry sir, I won't let it happen again, but my daughter, she's in the hospital."I don't care." I was really not understanding this guy. "I walked in front of him, cutting him off whatever he was going to say. "Calm down, her daughter is in the hospital, give her a break." I put a hand on the woman's back and rubbed it to console her. 

"okay then, I'll give her a break, and full time one" he turned to the lady, "you're fired" and saying that he grabbed his coat and phone from the table and left the house. 

The woman wasn't crying she just took a deep sigh. I made her sit down by the counter seat and gave her the glass of water. After what it had looked like she had calmed  down, she looked at me. "I'm sorry, but who are you? you don't look the girl sir brings home. " I cringed at what she had said. "I got married to him yesterday."Oh my, how did a beautiful angel like you get married to him?"Let's call it faith." I breathed out. "Now, I have to start looking for another job, I have to pay my daughter's hospital expenses.  The woman looked exhausted and tired. "how about I help you get  a job, I used to work at this office, maybe they could help you" "that would be great dear, I would be so grateful of you but I would never be able to pay you back" "thank you ma'am, but all I need is your prayers" "of course, I pray you always stay blessed and a kind soul you are"  

I had talked to her for a few hours, and I called my friends who owned the company and told her about her. She was happy and offered her a good job with good pay at my request and soon she had left. I had gone back up to my room to set my things, I had picked up my phone, and I had seen that I had a few missed calls from Mama and Samia. I called Mama first.

"Hello Mama, how are you?"I'm good, alhamdulillah, how's my daughter?" "she's good, I think," I said. "Where's your husband?"I don't know," I answered honestly, "You don't know?"No, Mama." How do you not?" "because he just left, without telling me something" all I heard from her was an 'oh' after many minutes had passed she spoke again "that's okay Alaya, it happens after all this was an arranged marriage and neither one of you wanted to meet. You two just need some time, be patient, my dear. " I just hummed at her response when she had to go, I said bye to her and ended the call.

I called Samia next since I had so many texts and calls from her, "How's my favorite bride doing ?" "feeling like anything but a bride. " "Why, what happened?"Samia had to leave for Pakistan with her family because her grandmother wasn't feeling well these days. I had told her everything from when we had our nikkah done to what he said about liking someone else and firing a maid. 

"Did you tell your mom?"Not all of it, but some of it, she just told me to be patient. " "Gosh, I could feel Samia getting angry over the call. I told her not to worry much about it and tell me about herself. She was telling me about things in Pakistan. Soon, we had finished talking, and I had to go pray. After Asr, I was getting hungry. I went to the kitchen to see if I could make anything, but there was nothing in the kitchen it was empty. "Great, now what do I do?" I ended up ordering take out for myself and him if he wanted it. I had to eat alone by myself, and I felt lonely and sad since growing up, I would enjoy eating alone. 

I had finished my food and was cleaning my mess when I heard the door opening, I made my way near the door when I saw them. 

-----------------------------

I wonder who Alaya saw?