𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢- 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

- Harris-

It's been a month since she's left. I've reread her letter 3 times today. What is wrong with me? Why am I not happy? She's finally gone, out of my life. I'm CEO, I got my dream project that can benefit the company, 'beacuse of her'. In frustration, I banged my table, what is wrong with me.

I needed to cool off some steam, I was heading out of my office when I met Atif on the way. He was carrying a box of supplies. "What's up with the box?" I asked him. "I'm going to my father's business." I looked at him, questioning. "He lost some lawsuit and is serving his time in jail, as his only child. I'm now the CEO." "And you're going?" "Yea, sorry, man. I was supposed to tell you before. " "Don't worry about it. But you're going to leave me now. " "I'll be in town from time to time. We'll catch up then."

When we both got to the parking lot, Alaya's friend, Samia, was waiting in front of Atif's car. She smiled when she looked at Atif, but once she looked at me, her smile dropped, and she looked mad. She started approaching us.

Atif had his hands full but tried blocking her from me. "You jerk, how could you?" she started shouting at me, "you used her, abused her, hurt her. Now you're perfectly fine. " she came up to me, and before I could comprehend, I felt a slap on my face. "Samia, stop," Atif called out behind her. "Atif, stay out of this," she said. She turned to me again.

"Why would you do all the crap to her. She never wanted to get married in the first place. But she still had hope and married you, and you treated her horribly. How are you, human? " she punched me on my stomach now. "And that witch of yours, she burnt her, did you see her bruises?" she said, tears streaming down her cheeks. Atif placed his box on the ground and held her arms. "Samia, stop, calm down." "First of all, don't touch me. Say something to this friend of yours. She left me, she was my best friend, and now she left." She steadily stood near Atif while I continued looking down.

"I can't believe that idiot liked you, and getting hurt from you made it worse. Harris, I hope someone you truly care about also leaves you, hurts you. So you know the feeling she went through." She said one last time.

Atif helped her sit in his car. He looked at me, but I didn't look at him. He said something before he drove off, but Samia's words kept replying in my head.

The whole drive home, I kept thinking of Alaya. Samia was just over reacting, she was probably at her home with her parents. I unlocked the door of my house and entered. The house had unusual coldness today. It suddenly felt empty as I walked towards the kitchen. As I entrance the empty kitchen, I remember Alaya wasn't here, so I would have to do something else about food.

I dialed up a restaurant, and I used to eat from it before I married Alaya. After ordering, I decided to freshen up before the food arrived. As I was going into my room, I found myself standing outside Alaya's room. 'Gosh, what's wrong with me. Why am I here.' Before I could turn back, I opened her bedroom door and entered the now empty room. It was left perfectly clean, like no one had ever lived in her to start with.

I don't know how much time I spent standing in the room, i was caught out of my daze as the doorbell rang. I opened the door for my food and brought it to the dining table. Even earing was hard, I kept having absurd thoughts, 'im back eating street food' or 'Alaya's food tasted much better than this.'

After only managing to eat half my food, I put the rest away and decided to go to my room to escape my thoughts. After taking a shower and lying in bed, my mind was racing through thoughts, and all of them had Alaya in them.

In frustration, I threw a pillow across the room. Before I knew it, my intrusive thoughts got the better of me, and I was calling Alaya. Of course, she wasn't picking up, 'you expect her to pick your call after what you did to her.'
Calling her so no point, since she wasn't going to pick up, purposely or not. I found myself scrolling through our chat, which was empty, except maybe a few texts from her. Texts were simple, 'where are you?,' 'will you be late?,' 'dinner on the table.'

I mentally laughed at myself. Do I miss the same pain, the same reason I had to leave someone I loved, 'that someone who was using me?' What is happening to me? Why does the thought of Alaya consume my mind.

-°•○•°-
After a long night, I was headed to work, and when I thought, ateast, I should visit my in-laws since I haven't once visited them since we got married. I made a sharp turn and drove to my in-laws' house. I parked my car, still shocked at my actions, I found myself in front of their door. 'Here goes nothing,' I rang the doorbell, soon the door opened, revealing a young girl, who looked similar to Alaya. It's her sister. As soon as she saw me, her smile faded and ended, staring at me, 'why does anyone get upset seeing me.' After a while of standing there, an elderly woman approached her, asking her what the matter was but stopped looking at me. It was Alaya's mother. I quickly said Aslamoalkuim to her. It was weird. She was the first person I had said to after so long.

"Walikumslam, how are you here?" She said, looking down. "I- i- Could I come inside?" She stepped aside, but the girl, on the other hand, didn't, "hiba" her mother asked. After passing me a glare, she stepped aside.

I awkwardly walked inside, I was lead to the living room. As I sat down, Alaya's mom looked hurt, while Hiba looked pissed to see me here. "I- I'm here for -" "What are you here for, huh?" Hiba glared at me, "Hiba said, manners, " her mother warned her. "Okay, Mama. Bhai, why the hell have you been a bastard to my sister. What did you do to hurt her so bad that she left? " she let out.

"I know, I've been a jerk, I don't deserve her. Now please tell me where she is so I can apologize to her, " I pleaded. "I'm sorry, bhai, but she was hurt when she left here. She didn't even want to stay at home with us. Wherever she is, she is happy and living a peaceful life. So leave her alone," Hiba shouted once again. "Now, please leave us alone too," she said as she took her mother's hand and headed to the kitchen.

I quietly left the house, and I'm really starting to lose my mind. For the next six hours, I mindlessly drove around and kept driving. When I go to the empty house. I ended up walking straight to Alaya's room. I collapsed on her bed, and the sudden scent of her engulfed me in sleep. This was the next space I spent my time in. Either in her room or in the office. I couldn't escape my thoughts of her, so I made them my habit.

The next few months and years were spent thinking one thing. 'She didn't deserve this.' 'I was a jerk to her.' 'i physically torutured her.' I just wanted to meet her, apologize to her atleast, maybe if I was given the chance, make up to her, but did I even deserve a chance to apologize to her, or make it up to her?

-----------------------------------------------
Leave your thoughts :>