𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢- 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

- Alaya -

Coming home, I took a quick shower before I sat down to finish sketching out my final dress for my new line. I looked at the time. It was almost time for his medicine. I decided to text him a reminder.

I was about to head to bed when I got a text, I purposely waited five minutes before I clicked into his chat. After time passed, I clicked to see what he had sent.

Harris: already taken my med.
Harris: *picture*

He had sent a photo of him taking his medicine.

Harris: I'm still upset :(

I laughed at his photo and response. 'He's such a kid,' I thought to myself. I left him on read and headed to bed.

- next day -
"I'm late," I told myself the 20th time while getting ready today. I quickly slipped on my shoes to match my outfit. (Outfit^). It was the easiest outfit I could pull together in the time I had. I threw my designs into my bag. I ran out of the house and into my car. I'll have to skip breakfast, considering how late I am. I quickly called up Ally, "Hi Al. Im running late a bit. Could you give me an overview for today and right now." "Sure miss, you don't have much. Usually rounds and paperwork until 3, then you have an hour meeting with Ms. Nicole of fashion house." I had totally forgotten about it, Ally was saying something, but I had other things to deal with. "Al, I'll get to work and deal with it." I said, ending the call.

Quickly parking, I ran up to my office, entering the building and greeting everyone, I didn't even have time to put my stuff down in my office, I ran straight to the design room. "Amna, is th-e flor-al line- co-mplete?" I asked, gasping for air. She shook her head at my behavior. Pulling up a seat for me, she handed me a water bottle. I sat down and drank it, catching my breath and trying to sound less like a dying person. "To answer your question, they line is ready. You can have a look." I took a deep breath of relief. "Thanks, I'll have a look, then I'll be in my office if anyone needs me." I informed.

Checked up with the floral line, making sure they were ready for the meeting in the afternoon, I walked into my office, only to see a stressed out Ally and an unbothered Harris, both quiet and looking as if they were waiting for someone. Harris sat on the seat in front of me. Harris saw me, and immediately, his smile broke out, while Ally got more stressed seeing me. "Ma'am, I tried stopping him, but he claims to be your husband, and he said it was important he meets you." I couldn't believe it, but then again, he did say he would do it. "Thanks, Ally. I'll take it from here." Ally nodded and turned to leave. As she was leaving, she asked, "Ma'am,  is he really your husband?" Harris raised his eyebrows, indicating me to answer her. I didn't have a point to answer, "Yes," I simply said. Seeing Ally's shocked face, she quietly left. I turned to Harris, "but I'm not sure for how long." I sat down in front of him. Taking out my laptop and pulling up documents, I needed to get down before the meeting.

"Are you going to ignore me?" "Yes, I have work to do, how about you, you're a CEO. Don't you have work to do?" I asked, taking a glimpse. "I did. But I was too heartbroken after my wife left, I left." I looked up at him. He was serious. His face looked so unbtohered by this. "Isn't the position really special to you?" "It was, but now I have to get something important back." "Well you work on that, I'll get back to my work." I gave him a sarcastic smile and went back to work.

In the next two hours, I barely had gotten any work. A certain good-looking guy sat in front of me and continued to loom at me without stopping. Thankfully, he left 10 minutes ago, allowing me to get some work done.

Finally, I dealt with my last email. I decided to finish my sketch when Harris entered my office again. He put a bag on my desk, catching my attention, "What's that?" He shrugged and pointed at me to open it. I opened the bag and found a tulip bouquet. I put it aside to find a cute little teddy bear. I was shocked to see these things. I took out another box, it had my favorite red velvet cake, and there was an iced tea. I looked up to see Harris looked back at me.

"I heard you didn't eat anyhting, it's a little energy booster." "Thank you." I smiled, picking up the flowers and bear again, I was so busy looking at them that I noticed Harris puck his phone up and then put it down. "Did you take another photo of me?" "Yes, I did Bambi" 'Bambi? Did he call me Bambi?' He waved and walked out of my office. I watched him walk out, and I watched the door for goodness knows how long, until my reminder for the meeting rang. I quickly had my tea and got my things ready for the meeting. I was bringing Amna with me on this meeting, she had helped me with the designing and sewing, and it was right she came too.

-°•○•°-
As Amna and I walked out of the building, happy we had locked another deal, we drove back to the company, only for it to be surrounded by reporters and other people. "Why are they here?" Amna asked, "I have no idea." I honestly answered. We decided to go through the back entrance since I was the only one who had the key. We walked into the company to see the other employees worried and some confused.

"What is happening? Why are there so many reporters?" I asked everyone standing by. "Um, miss. They are here to know about -" "about what?" I asked, getting annoyed, "is it true you're married?" The question dropped, and everyone looked straight at me, waiting for my answer. "How does this question relate to the reporters outside." "Ma'am, some reporters have been accused of being Mr. Ali's mistress, while he has a wife." Ally came forward and showed me a picture of Harris's 'wife'. I looked at the picture and ended up laughing out loud. A lot of the employees are worried, probably wondering if I've gone mad or something.

"Don't worry about these reports and news articles. It's fake." I was turning to alk away when someone spoke up, "Ma'am,  i think you should clear up this misunderstanding if there is one. We don't want to face issues." Good idea. "I'll get on that right now. " I simply answered, heading to my office.

-°•○•°-
It was the fifth time I read the article. There were two pictures, one of them being the photo of when we were at Harris's parents' dinner and the other business dinner, where me and Harris were dancing.

Harris barged in when I saw looking at the photos for the 10th time. "You've seen it?" I nodded positively. "And you're not upset?" "I'm upset they called me your wife and mistress, even though i don't want to be either one. Plus, the picture the choose of me is so blurry." He looked at, like I've gone mad or something.

"I've talked with a reporter, I know. He's dealing with this and will have it sorted soon." "That's good. You wouldn't want me to offend you by being called your wife or mistress. I don't fit your standards. Here's an idea, why don't you leave me? It'll solve all your problems. " I said, about to walk past him, when he geld wrist and looked at me, "Alaya, stop it. " "Stop what, Harris?" I asked back, looking him dead in the eye. He took a sharp breath, pushing me against the wall. Staring right into my eyes, I could feel his anger rushing through, his lips aching closer and closer to mine until they stopped an inch away. "Let's het something in your smart brain of yours, I'm nit going to leave you, not now, not ever. Yes, i regret what i did to you every day. i wished i was better for you. I wished i cared better and wasn't an asshole to you. I'm changing,  and i promise to you, i'll change every day,  if it means I'll get you, that's all that matters. You're the thing i thought every day, every minute. Just please don't leave me, not without giving a chance at least."

I looked into his eyes, honest and hopefully, hoping for another chance from me, but who was I to give him another chance, "I'm afraid. Afraid of giving you a chance, afraid of getting hurt again." "I promise you, i won't. I'll do anything in my will to be perfect for you, I'll pray every day to Allah to make the perfect man for you." I tear slipped, listening to him, "please don't cry, I don't want a tear to slip out, never let a tear slip." He said, kissing the tear away. "Give me a chance, Bambi. I'll be good for you and only you."

"Fine Harris, you have your chance, prove to me that you're my worth." I said, looking up at him. "Will, let me start this with something." Without another word, he pulled her close, kissing her passionately. "Harris, stop, we're still at my office." He groaned at my comment. "Fine, let's go somewhere else." "Let's go to my house." Without hesitating. Harris flipped me over his shoulder, carrying me through the office. This was another time I was grateful for lunch time. There were barely any employees.

Harris opened the door, gently placing me in my seat, and ran over to his seat before driving off to my place. He was eager, and you could tell the way he drove and kept taking glimpses at me. He didn't hesitate to break the door down until I unlocked it for him. "Im going to savor every moment, Alaya."