Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Sunset! Thank you very much for choosing to read my story and I hope you enjoy it! I don't know if anyone still reads characterxreader stories now and days, but I'm doing this purely for fun and because it's nice to imagine a scenario with characters that don't exist :). Firstly, let me get right to the point:

THIS IS A WORK OF TOTAL FICTION AND WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ONE PIECE STORY.

What does this mean?

1. The strawhats won't be pirates, instead I have taken a liking to imagine them as criminals in a crime syndicate, also known as the mafia, yakuza, whatever matches that! Heck, you could even let me know what feels more fun! The marines will also be cops here!

2. This is a story set in a modern AU. As in 2023 modern. So they will have phones, internet, cars, guns, etc.

3. The reader in this story is more aligned to the female identity! Meaning strictly female (I'm sorry).

4. The reader is going to have a shy, reserved, and submissive (😉) personality. She won't be bold or rude or stubborn. I've read a lot of characterxreader stories and almost always the reader is aggressive, bold, always cussing, and just not what I feel most inclined to so let's change that up!

5. A question I'm sure you may all be wondering (if you've read this far): will this be a mature themed story?
Yes. Yes it will.
There will be violence, language, and sex. The sex will NOT be triggering inducing and when it happens with the characters... well. We will get there when we get there.

6. The characters will not have the same personalities as in the show! At least not all of them. I love our childish and easy going Luffy but... in this story, he's going to be a bit of an emotionless ass. Very intimidating. And very OOC. What's not to like about an overpowering Luffy? 🥹

As of now, these are the ground lines for the story and if this is something you are not interested in then I suggest not reading. It's better than leaving a hateful comment on something I'm already very nervous about publishing. I've done lots of fan fictions in my days but some comments can really put a dent on the confidence to continue so let's have this be a safe and judgement free zone!

Or judge.

That's fine too.

***UPDATE***
I posted this a few days ago but I'm going to post it here for any new readers:

I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to thank you all for reading my story this far! I appreciate it and I have had so much fun reading your comments! Seriously, you all are hilarious 😂

However, I just wanted to clarify some misconceptions that may be seen throughout this story:

First of all, this is a work of PURE FICTION. Meaning that nothing that happens in this story will EVER appear in the anime or manga! It's all a work of my imagination and creativity 💅✨.

If you've noticed characters that seem OOC (like Luffy), not as strong as they would be in the anime, made up, different relationships that you wouldn't like to see, or anything that falls in between, I'm sorry but that is going to happen 😔. As I warned in the beginning, this is going to be OOC like you wouldn't believe, as if the strawhats were never pirates to begin with, and I don't plan to change that going forward. I just want to emphasize this because I would hate to disappoint my readers.

Embarrassing as it may be, my biggest inspiration for this story was heavily pulled from my favorite movie series: John Wick. Mafias and guns and violence are some of my most favorites aspects in action and I'm using that inspiration and giving it a twist for the strawhats!

So, I apologize if you've seen characters who don't act like you've seen, or relationships you never expected, etc., what I find helps is to imagine this story as a stand-alone. Meaning, read this as if you never saw/read One Piece. It's more fun that way (I would hope).

Now, I'm not writing this because I'm upset or got offended, I just wanted to give a gentle reminder and advise just in case!

Anyways, if you've been enjoying the story so far THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I greatly appreciate everyone's likes, votes, comments, and everything in between! And as a reminder, if you want to see things happen or maybe have an idea for who could be a cool side character, villain, etc: LET ME KNOW! I'm open to literally anything! And I mean anything. From action to smut, you name it!

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say!

Legend:
(Y/N) : Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C) : Hair Color
(E/C) : Eye color
(F/C): Favorite Color

⚠️⚠️⚠️: Violence and Graphic portions
🍋 : Sexual Content (mild)
🍋🍋 : Sexual Content (moderate)
🍋🍋🍋 : Sexual Content (intense)

Alright, I think that should cover everything! Again, thank you for choosing to take part in this story with me and I hope you like it! If you enjoy the story feel free to leave likes and comments and PLEASE let me know if I made typos, I'm only human 😔.

I will be posting some pictures and videos too and those belong to all rightful owners! I own nothing!

All characters belong to the author of One Piece, Eiichiro Oda!

Alright, let's get started!