Chapter 28

Hai everyone! I'm back after a long week! I needed some time to really plan out these chapters, I'm sorry :,) just a friendly, serious, reminder: everything that happens here has NOTHING to do with the One Piece as a whole! So if characters are weaker or stronger than normal, well, too bad? Ha. Anyways! Happy reading! ☀️✨💕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No One's POV
Summer
Thursday - June 22, 2023
11:37 p.m.
Red Palace Casino

The room was silent and radiated in a challenging battle between conqueror's haki between the two men who stood before each other. Each had their own strengths. They could feel it. It was a pulsing need to win at all cost, or die trying, even if it seemed perilous.

Shanks, while remaining calm and composed, smiled at Luffy seeing his desire to win. Luffy couldn't hold back the emotions he felt and Shanks could see it. It was obvious at this point. Sure, Luffy could have bottled the rage and bitterness he felt but he wanted Shanks to see it. He wanted Shanks to feel every bit of it.

"You have a different look in your eyes Luffy, you seem blood thirsty, do you think you'll beat me with intimidation alone?" Shanks let out a low chuckle that was filled with amusement and insult.

Luffy scoffed, "Don't act arrogant. You betrayed Ace, Sabo, and me. Then you kidnap one of my nakama just to lure me here... so I'm going to kick your ass or kill you, whichever one comes first."

Shanks lays his hand on the hilt of his sword as he patiently waited for Luffy's next move, "Then try it Luffy, I'm ready when you are," however, his smile regressed to a sudden serious glare as he lowered himself to a position to better guard himself, "Don't disappoint me."

Luffy gritted his teeth in frustration as he was able to feel the overpowering strength of Shanks's conqueror's haki

Luffy gritted his teeth in frustration as he was able to feel the overpowering strength of Shanks's conqueror's haki. But he remained firm in place. Every moment, every outcome, every pain that Luffy had endured led up to this one moment. It was no or never and one wrong move could result in Luffy's head rolling onto the ground. "If I fuck this up, I could die. Shanks isn't weak, I know that much, but I don't care. I'm doing this for my brothers and for me."

"