Chapter 6

So many new readers here! Thank you for reading it really makes my day 🥹 I'm currently in classes so updates may be less frequent but I'll do my best! -Sunset
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N) POV
Summer
Sunday - June 4, 2023
3:37 p.m.
Your apartment

Today was a slow day. Boring actually. I was able to get shopping out of the way though, and last nights tips were extra helpful in what I was able to buy. Looks like I'll make it past a week with a decent meal everyday and snacks in between. Yay.

Now I'm just sitting on the couch watching TV, which is showing a cheesy soap opera, waiting for 5:00 p.m. to come in. I bring my knees up to my chest and eats my bowl of cereal watching the two couple in the show being romantic but hesitant in their love affair. It's just a cliché "will they? Won't they?" moment as I sigh a bit jealous of what they have, I mean I'm not a saint, even a jumbled relationship like that beats sitting on the couch eating cereal at 3:40 in the afternoon.

The woman on the screen cries as she dramatically lays her hand over her head, "Oh why won't you love me Michael~! We are so perfect for each other even if our love is forbidden~!" So cheesy. But relatable.

I slide down the couch a bit as I sigh and eats more cereal, "that's a mood Alejandra..." I blink seeing a text on my phone as I see it's from Nami and I read what was sent.

Nami: Hey girl! I won't be in for work today, I caught a cold 😔 you mind covering for me? It's a 5 p.m - 12:30 a.m. shift! And before you break down, it's only serving tables. No dancing. 🫢

Me: Okay! I can cover! Just remember you owe me, and sushi or ramen would be a perfect choice :).

Nami: 🙄 ugh, okayyyy... fineee. Thanks a bunch girl!

I smile and turns off my phone and lays back as I sigh a bit tiredly. It's great having a job where it's only at night but having to do nothing all day is more boring than I would like it to be. Robin isn't going to be able to hang out, she's working at the archeology department at that college she teaches at. Guess there's nothing to do but watch these cheesy TV shows... ah well, at least I can look forward to making good tips today at work, that's a blessing all on its own. I stand from the couch and stretches while walking into my room and changing into my uniform making sure to fix my hair and put on make up this time around. Girl has to look her best for her new job.

No I don't. I'm a glorified waitress. I should be able to walk into the club in pajamas. If only life were that simple and easy going.

               · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Gripping my phone in one hand, I rush to the bus as I climb in and focuses on calming my breathing as I hold my hip. Maybe joining the gym wouldn't be a bad idea, huffing and puffing my way into a bus that's only five minutes from my home doesn't scream "healthy".

After several stops I notice a few men aggressively shove their way into the bus laughing at the people telling them to watch it. I look at them and shakes my head slowly, "People like that are trouble no matter what anyone says... I hope they don't have the same stop as me..". I sigh and watches as the cars pass by the bus and people walking across the sidewalks; from an outsider's perspective you would assume that the main city of the Grand Line would be safe. Instead we deal with daily assaults, gangs, crime syndicates, and an occasional robbery here and there. Sarcasm. It's much worse than that.

The men causing a scene in the bus walk off the bus and as luck would have it, it was my stop too. I climb down the bus and walks into the Thousand Sunny, failing to realize that the men had entered the club with me. The music, just like yesterday was blaring and I could barely make out what anyone was saying but it's no big deal. I walk over to the break room and checks in myself and grabs my notepad and pen as I walk out of the room and into the loud and obnoxiously rich environment.