Chapter 32.5

Summer
Sunday - July 9, 2023
2:42 a.m.
Going Merry Mansion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark.

Everything was dark.

It's always been just.... dark.

Why the hell is it so dark?

Wait. What is that?

It was the silhouette of a person, maybe a man? Probably. He looks damn familiar. His hair is black and he has a solid build... there's also something familiar... is that a tattoo on his shoulder? A..C.. what the hell does it say?!

I try to walk closer to the silhouette but it seems like it just gets farther and farther away. Until, eventually, I see it. I see him. It's you isn't it Ace? Where the hell have you been?! I ran towards him, grunting and panting, as I could hear my own footsteps trailing behind me.

He turned to look at me, and before I could speak he looked pissed. Dark. Cold. And was decaying ever so slowly as he glared at me.

"You let me die Luffy. You let US die didn't you?"

"No I didn't. I wanted to do something..."

"But you didn't, did you?"

I turned around and there he was, Sabo. Just as evil and decayed as Ace. Both were like walking zombies with their eyes pitch black and black sludge at the mouth. I couldn't bear it so I looked away. I hated the sight. I hated it. It was my fault wasn't it?

"You're right. It's all your fault dumbass."

I opened my eyes and everything was black. Empty. Devoid of life. Though something told me to turn around and eventually I did. But, what is that? His eyes were pink. White hair. And a devilish smile as he was sat crossed legged in the air. He leaned over ever so slightly and tilted his head at me... why the fuck does he look like me.

"What? You afraid or something?"

"No. Who the hell are you."

He appeared behind me almost effortlessly as he smiled and peered over my shoulder at me.

"You've been with me for years and you're going to claim you don't know me? How...fucking...sad. It's shitty knowing we are both one and the same."

"The hell we are. I'm myself. Not you. I don't even know who the hell you are let alone where I am."

He sighs and begins to float above me as he tilts his head and his smile soon begins to fade as he glares at me with those emotionless pink eyes.

"I'm insulted. Not that it matters... what matters is that I'm awake and honestly... I'm feeling rather bored. But now that I'm free... I can do as I please and you can't do a goddamn thing about it."

He started to laugh as he stood in front of me at my exact height. I didn't bother responding. I don't even think I can. I don't understand what's going on.

"Sucks doesn't it? You watched your brothers die, you finished off Shanks but God knows where the hell he is, and yet.. you're plagued by the man who killed your brothers aren't you? Aren't you mad, Luffy?"

Yeah I am.

"Aren't you pissed?"

Yeah.

"You want that bastard dead, don't you Luffy?"

Yeah. I want him to die in a gruesome way. I'd kill him in front of his family if that's what it took.

"Then why not let me take control? I'll give you everything you want..."

Everything I want? What could that even be?

"I'll give you...."

"Freedom."

Freedom? Freedom to do what?

"Anything. Freedom to do as you please without consequence. Conquer your enemies. Control as you wish. Freedom to be a motherfucking god."

...and the consequences?

"Your lifespan. Who knows? Who cares as long as he's dead right?"

It sounded convenient. But it also sounded like I was making a deal with the damn devil. What the fuck is happening in my head. Damn it. It feels like it's going to split... but... I don't think I care. I do want him dead. I want to see him beg me for mercy all for me to laugh in his selfish asshole face. I want to tear him to shreds. Murder him. End him. God, I don't give a shit what I'll do, I'll do it.

Everything was spinning, and all I could hear was a horribly sinister and sarcastic laughter that was blending into my voice. I gripped my head and it radiated my skull so viciously and violently that all I could do was scream in frustration.

Until I sprung up in a cold sweat, on my bed, and I as panting for breath. I looked around and gripped the bed sheets seeing how early in the morning it was and saw my strawhat beside me. I look forward and see a picture of Akainu, covered in throwing knives which were my work, in front of me while I sit on the bed and I glared at it.

That motherfucker.

Preaching justice after killing for no fucking reason.

Killed my brothers.

I felt my heart racing again as I gripped a knife on my bed stand and threw it into the picture of him as it stabbed right into his face with a loud ear piercing clang.

I swear to everything I own, I'm going to murder him.

Even though I didn't seem to notice it, I was smiling and laughing to myself thought it was pretty low. Pretty sure it wasn't me laughing.

But who gives a fuck at this point?

Dark Purity

Returns mid December 2023