Chapter 5

Double update day! Here's some much needed Luffy moments! :)

⚠️⚠️⚠️ - Mild violence and language!

Hope you enjoy!

- Sunset

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one's POV
Summer
Saturday - June 3, 2023
6:44 p.m. - moments before (Y/N) saw Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji enter the club.
Outskirts of Merry Avenue

The streets of the city were crowded by civilians as they were making their way to their affiliated destinations. However, a man runs out of the Thousand Sunny Club clutching onto a bag as he pants trying to avoid being caught as he opens the bag revealing money that he had stolen and smirks. "Let's see those damn strawhats catch me after I make off with $10,000!! Bastards weren't even there to see me do it! Boss is probably going to promote me to right hand man like this!"

As he continues to run, he fails to see Zoro leaning against a building drinking liquor as he stays silent and glares at the man. Zoro suddenly begins to follow him as he grabs his phone and makes a call. "Oi. Luffy. He's on Merry Avenue. Running into a dead end.".

"I'm already there. Just take care of the others that followed. I see about three men running out of the sunny." Luffy hangs up his phone and sits on the edge of a building looking down at the man who stole from him as he grips his gun and stands up. "....too fucking easy. Can't they at least put up a challenge. You're starting to slack off on your judgement of your fools Shanks." Luffy sighs and jumps down the building landing on the pavement and watches as the man is cursing and looking for a way out as he's trapped in a dead end.

"Shit! I turned on the wrong street! Where the hell can I go before that strawhat kid gets here." He looks around frantically and his heart sinks as he catches a glimpse of Luffy at the end of the street as he gulps, "I'm so fucked...".

Luffy stays still as he looks down at the bag he's clinging to and then back at the man as he holds onto the gun behind his back. Soon, Zoro and Sanji appear behind Luffy as Zoro sighs, "Shouldn't I just cut him down? It'll be easier."

Luffy shakes his head and walks over to the man slowly as his hat is casting a shadow over his eyes. The man moves back and grips the bag of money with his life and hits the wall as he aims a gun at Luffy while shaking. "Stay.. Stay back kid!! I'll shot you before you get the chance!".

Luffy suddenly stops and looks up and glares at the man entirely annoyed and pissed

Luffy suddenly stops and looks up and glares at the man entirely annoyed and pissed. "Bullshit. Give the money back now. I'm not asking. Before you tell me more shit I could care less about, tell me what Shanks wants."

The man pants as he stays still and his hands soon tremble, "Shanks wants your money. Nothing to it... now leave me the hell alone before I-" his eyes widen seeing the barrel of Luffy's gun aimed directly to his head as his breath shudders and all he's able to hear is the sound of his own heartbeat.

"Your threats are pointless. Drop the bag. I've been generous enough haven't I? Want me to change that?" Luffy shoves the barrel into his head as he glares at the man expressionless seeing him start to cry and whimper.

"C-Come on man! I was just doing my job! I've had a rough life and need the money! Can't you just look away this on-".

"Didn't ask." Luffy pulls back the trigger as the man's head flings back against the wall and a bullet shoots between his eyes. Blood paints the wall behind him as his body is flung harshly into the wall in a doll like manner while blood slowly creeps down the man's eyes and nose.

Luffy lowers the gun and grabs the bag as he turns around until he turns his head to the man and eyes his gun that he was gripping. "Should've taken the shot." Luffy looks away and walks past Zoro and Sanji. "Clean up. I'll wait for you at the Sunny."

Luffy walks out of the alleyway and grips the bag annoyed as the jacket hanging over his shoulders flows around like a cape. He slowly leans against the wall of the Thousand Sunny as he sighs waiting for Zoro and Sanji to finish. "Hopefully that will be a message for Shanks. No one steals from the Sunny. Not him. Not anyone."

Zoro soon pulls Luffy out of his thoughts as he crosses his arms, "Oi, Luffy, it's done. Maybe don't make such a mess next time." Sanji walks over and nods in agreement as he looks at Luffy, "Yeah, Zoro almost threw up and couldn't handle what he saw, better do this a more proper way so this dumbass can be comfortable."

Zoro grips his sword and glares at Sanji, "What did you say dumbass?! Watch what you say shitty cook, I'll cut that your damn head off if you say that!"

Sanji shoves his forehead into Zoro's as he glares at him, "Oh shove it asshole! You're the one who made me do the dirty work anyway, why should you even complain?!"

Luffy watches as they bicker and slowly turns away before heading to the Thousand Sunny. "If you two are done we have something to talk about inside. Hurry up, I'm hungry. I need meat or something." Luffy watches as Zoro and Sanji walk ahead of him, both still arguing of course, as the doors to the club open and allow the three inside. "Zoro, Sanji. Let's sit at the booth over there. I think Shanks is trying to screw me over again and honestly I don't want to think of it. Where the hell is Franky anyways. I need more weapons if that red head bastard tries anything with me."

Zoro glances at Luffy and nods once, "Franky said he's developing new weapons for us and plans to show you soon. You know how that pervert is."

The three men sit at the booth and continued to speak about the Red Hair crime syndicate until Nami walked over and told them about a new worker that was supposedly recently hired. What they didn't expect was to see you in front of them, clearly not so confident or even similar to the girls working there, most of all, it baffled Luffy to see that anyone was even hired without his permission in the first place. If there's anything that's known in the Thousand Sunny, it's that NO ONE, not even his nakama, are allowed to make decisions without his agreement on them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! Hope that was an interesting look at how Luffy is going to be here! It's so late as I'm writing this so I'm sorry if the chapter is short! I'll work on trying to make longer chapters! :) -Sunset

By the way, I'm sorry for making Shanks the villain... :( accept this meme as an apology.