Chapter 8

Back from my 3 day hiatus! Hope you all enjoy! And I left a little Easter gift in the chapter 🫢. Happy Easter! 🐰💕 - Sunset
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N) POV
Summer
Sunday- June 4, 2023
11:55 p.m.
Going Merry Mansion

I've been known as someone who doesn't usually take risks. In fact, I've been cooped inside of my little apartment ever since my parents passed. And finding any sort of monetary help from outside sources was incredibly difficult. But, life has decided to spare me for the most part. I have a really good high paying job that's decently easy and tolerable (if tolerability includes seeing your bosses threatening and killing people trying to rob them), and now I'm being offered to live with Nami and make more friends in a huge home that is more luxurious than anything I've ever seen. It may have been from the need to just leave my dull home behind, but saying "Yes, I'll move in" was something I don't regret.

Nami gasped hearing me agree, shocked to hear that I didn't seem hesitant after that, "Yayyy!! Oh my gosh finally, another girl in the home who isn't a brute, drunkard, or a pervert!!" she hugged me firmly and nuzzled her head against mine unable to contain her excitement.

"I'm excited to be here to Nami.. I'm really thankful that I'm even allowed here... ah, I should also thank Luffy for letting me be here too! I wouldn't want to be a burden." I smile kindly and blushes from embarrassment.

"Ahh~ don't you worry (Y/N)-chwannn~! If Luffy dares to say anything about this," Sanji's face turned from his love struck, idiotic expression to a serious and dead set glare, "I'll kick his ass before a complaint comes from him. Or I'll just keep meat from him, either way I win.".

I giggle and nods giving a thankful and kind smile, "Thank you Sanji, I hope we can all be friends while I'm here!" I gasp seeing Sanji suddenly fall back with a river of blood coming out of him nose. I blink never seeing a nose bleed so heavy before as I tilt my head. "Is.. Is he going to be okay?".

Nami sighs expecting this reaction, "Yeah he's fine, just a pervert." Nami suddenly stands up and holds her hands next to her mouth and yells, "Chopper!! Sanji had a nose bleed again!! Hurry before the blood stains the carpet!".

Chopper? What's a chopper? Is that the name of someone else here? My ears notice the faint sound of footsteps darting to the stairs as I turn to face the direction it's coming from and to my surprise I saw a small animal like creature in a lab coat a few sizes too big on it. "What is that..? A... raccoon..? Dressed like a doctor..?".

I see the small animal walk over to Sanji wiping the blood from his nose as he sighs annoyed, "Gee Sanji! You really need to watch how much blood you lose before you bleed out to death! What could have caused this anyways?" He looks around and blinks seeing me as he gives me an adorable smile that made my heart ache from how incredibly cute it was.

"Oh.. my gosh.. that's the cutest raccoon I've ever seen..! Wait, how is he able to talk..?" I look over at the raccoon and smiles, waving hello to him.

He glares at me and huffs angrily at me suddenly, "I'm a reindeer, not a raccoon! Hmph. Anyways, I'm Chopper, I'm a doctor, it's nice to meet you!".

Nami leans over to me, "He's a reindeer that ate the hito hito no mi (human human fruit) so now he's able to walk and talk like a man! Pretty cool huh? Luffy also ate a devil fruit so don't be surprised if you see him stretch or eat to an impossible excess, it happens a lot.".

I nod listening as I turn to look at Chopper as I watch him curiously. "So they ate those fruits known as Devil fruits..? I always thought of those as a myth.. I'm surprised that they're real..!" I stand up and walks to Chopper as I kneel beside him. "I'm sorry for calling you a raccoon Chopper, it's very nice to meet a cute doctor like you! If I'm ever sick I'll know who I can ask for help now!".