Chapter 2

Currently 12:30 am as I write this but I'm feeling creative right now! Let's do thissss - Sunset
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N) POV:
Summer
Friday - June 2, 2023
10:30 a.m.
Spice Bean Diner

The men look over to me in disbelief of my calm demeanor as they slowly look down at their menus hoping not to embarrass themselves more than they pretty much did. One of them looks up as he clears his throat to speak.

"I'll have the roasted herb omelette with some bacon on the side. Coffee will do just fine." The other men seem to nod and pretty much all ended up ordering the same. I nod while writing their orders as I gather the menus and walks to the kitchen handing in the orders. I sigh leaning against the counter as I hold my head and groan as I look around seeing the empty tables. "At least it's a slow morning... I'm guessing the gun shots scared off anyone hoping to eat breakfast here."

Strangely enough, this diner was pretty much in the heart of crime central. We haven't had any incidents happen here, thankfully, but it's not uncommon to hear the faint sounds of fear and metal hitting metal with an occasional explosion here and there. It makes this dull job actually exciting, almost like living in a comic book. Except there's no heroes or vigilantes and the villains end up winning every time. Better to be a civilian than a hero who'd probably die in a gruesome manner the moment they say a cheesy one liner like in those hero movies to the different mafias who run these streets.

I gasp hearing a bell break me from my day dream as the plates of food appear at the window with the chef waking me from my thoughts. I thank him and gives him an awkward apologetic smile as I gather the plates and walks over to the men serving their meal. After that, I walk over to the counter I was day dreaming at again and notices an empty coffee cup. Respectfully, I pour coffee into a man's empty cup and notices a slight shiver run up my spine. I won't lie, as I'm pouring the coffee I can't help but feel uneasy at this man's presence, he seemed untypical for a customer who normally would come into this restaurant. In fact, he didn't look familiar at all. I've seen everyone who comes here and none look like him, he's too.... what would describe him..? A brute? Ah, Whatever. Who am I to say anything let alone judge.

I walk away from the man ignoring my uneasiness and sits down as I watch the busy streets pack with people as the lunch rush was beginning. Groaning a bit, I prepare myself for the people to enter and grab a handful of menus. This was going to be a long day yet again.

            · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

It was now 4:30 p.m. and all I wanted to do was go home. My shift was finally over and I was able to leave, it wasn't such a bad day though. The worst thing I got today was a "that skirt is too short, is this a diner or a strip club?" from a very straightforward old lady, but I didn't have the energy for any witty comebacks. Besides, I'm not very confident in myself to say something tough back.

The bus drive home felt like ages. People came in and went out and my stop seemed to be farther and farther away than usual. That's fine, I'm in no rush. Soon, the doors to heaven opened and I was finally on my street as I walked the familiar path up to my apartment complex. I entered the building and walked to my mailbox as I blinked seeing a letter stating that it's from a loan agency. "That's odd, I don't have loans. But it's addressed to me...".

My feet instantly rushed up the stairs as I'm clutching the letter in my hand as I hurry myself into my apartment and tears open the letter. I sit at the dining table and read over what it says:

Letter:

Grand Loan Agency Department

Date: May 27, 2023