Aaron Hotchner- The Choice is Yours Part 1

Make your choice Hotch

Hotch's pov

He never thought he would have to choose. His world was crumbling right in front of him and he didn't have any control over it. This was just a dream, he'd wake up soon and this would all be over.

Then he heard the voice that tormented him. The voice that had the power to take away his whole world. What the voice said was even more tormenting. It made his skin crawl.

"You have 10 seconds to choose."

3 hours earlier

The case was a hard one. This unsub was targeting perfectly happy, healthy families. This was because his family had been killed in a car accident a year ago with him being the only survivor. He had taken it out on the families who got to have their happy lives. He always killed the fathers last, because he wanted them to watch helplessly while his family was taken from him one by one and he couldn't do anything about it. It hadn't ended well either, not at all. He had gotten away.

Throughout the investigation Hotch had been getting random calls from the unsub on burner phones, the unsub said he was watching them, and kept taunting him and threatening him. He didn't think anything of it, but he'd make sure to take extra precautions for y/n and Jacks sake. Y/n had moved in with Hotch and Jack about a year ago when things got more serious between them, plus they agreed that having her around would be good for Jack. What she didn't know though, was that Hotch was planning on proposing to her, the ring waiting in his bottom drawer at home.

The team was finishing up paperwork for the night. Hotch being closed off in his office when y/n came in.

"You should come home, I know it sucks that he got away but you could use some sleep," she kissed his cheek and stroked the back of his head.

"I need to finish up filling out these papers, but I promise I'll be home soon," he looked up at her as she bent down to kiss him.

Hotch kept filling out papers when y/n left, but he couldn't focus. Something was disturbing him about the case.

About an hour later his phone started buzzing. He pulled it out and felt a little on edge when he saw the no caller ID. He answered it and put the phone up to his ear, hearing the voice of the unsub, Tom Hatchett.

"Hello Aaron Hotchner. Did you forget about me?" He giggled softy, sending chills up Hotch's body. "Of course you haven't."

"What do you want?"

"Why I want you to come and save your family of course," Tom replied cheerfully.

Hotch stood up, "what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about your family. Your little son, whats his name....Jack? Right, and then your FBI girlfriend y/n, she's a pretty one, don't know how you got her."

His eyes narrowed and his knuckles whitened as he gripped the phone, "what the hell have you done to them!??"

"Oh I haven't done anything yet," Tom chuckled, "but that will change if you don't come and save them."

"Where are you at?" He whispered. "I'm going to kill you. I swear to god your dead."

Tom told him where to go and Hotch wasted no time. Everyone else had left and he was so scared that if he contacted anyone else that his family would be dead, but if he didn't tell someone they could be dead anyways. He just did what he was told. He left his gun and his phone behind and drove. He drove as fast as he could and willed himself not to start crying, because crying made everything real.