Derek Morgan- Late Night Cuddles

You just got home from a particularly draining case. Your boyfriend Derek Morgan stumbled sleepily behind you. He was exhausted.

You laid your head on his shoulder, "bed?" You asked him.

He nodded and without warning, scooped you up in his arms and carried you to bed. He went through your drawer and tossed you some shorts and a t-shirt to change into while he himself stripped down to his boxers. You changed into the clothes Derek got out for you and watched as he joined you in bed and comfortably took you into his arms.

He was propped up against his pillow while you laid on top of him. Your legs were tangled together with his. You felt a sense of security in his arms, like the world and all the horrors they had to face couldn't touch you in that moment.

You smiled, nuzzling your face against his neck, "I love this," you whispered, kissing his neck. "And I love you." You looked up at him, and he kissed your forehead.

"Aww well I love me too, baby girl."

You hit his arm playfully, "oh shut up."

"I'm serious, why can't you let me declare my love for myself?" He asked with the most serious voice he could manage.

You shook your head, fighting the urge to giggle. "I hate you," you muttered, you gave into the fit of giggles.

Derek gave you a disapproving look, "that's not funny to hate me and then laugh about it."

"You are-.." you giggled again, and shook your head before sitting up on top of him and straddling his waist. "Special."

He grinned up at you and ran his hand down your back, "come back down here," he took you in his arms again, pulling you back on his chest until you were fit in the same position against his body. Warmth flooded your body as Derek pulled the covers over the two of you, creating your own bubble of heat. Derek brushed his lips over your arm, sending goosebumps all throughout your body.

"'M so tired," you mumbled, bumping your nose on his chin.

"Go to sleep," he responded, stroking your hair.

"No," you told him stubbornly, before stifling a yawn.

"And why not?" He asked curiously.

"Because we never get to do this," you hugged his waist, "we're always busy with work, and this is going to sound incredibly stupid but I miss you. I know we're literally around each other all the time but somehow I miss you." You rolled on your stomach so you could see his face better, but that also gave you a swarm of butterflies once your stomach touched his. You lifted your shirt up a little just so your stomach wasn't covered, wanting to feel his skin against yours. He stuck his hand up your shirt and started to rub your back.

"Aw, baby, I miss you too, but I'm not going anywhere," he kissed your forehead gently, and then cradled you in his arms.

You cuddled up closer to him, nuzzling your face against his neck, making him sigh happily, "Mm I know I wanted you to sleep but this feels amazing," he murmured.

"I agree. You're very warm." You rubbed his warm chest for emphasis.

"Maybe because I'm smokin' hot," he winked.

"Maybe," you giggled, pecking his lips. What was meant to be a simple kiss, turned into your lips trailing down his neck and to his chest. At that point your head was under the covers.

Derek wasn't having that, he pulled the covers back and smirked at you. "Getting a bit frisky are we?" He teased.

"I'm too tired to get frisky, but I'm close to that," you replied.

He snickered and held you tighter. His arms were like a cage, a cage that you welcomely got into. He peppered your face in light kisses as you laid your head on his chest.

"Get some sleep, sweetheart," he whispered in your ear before planting a kiss on your cheek.

"But I like this," you whined.

"I'll be here when you wake up," he promised.

"You better, and I better have pancakes when I wake up," you told him.

"Mmhm nothing but the best for you, darling," he chuckled and stroked your back.

You closed your eyes and listened to the rhythm of his breathing while he rubbed circles on your back. You were all too content staying here in his arms that you fought sleep. After ten minutes or so, Derek kissed the top of your head, "you better be sleeping," he muttered.

You smiled despite yourself, making him groan. "Go to sleep, y/n. Don't make me throw you off this bed."

"You wouldn't," you grinned, opening your eyes and lifting your head a little to look at him.

He groaned again, "y/n, sleep."

"Fine, fine," you sighed in defeat, closing your eyes again.

"Thank you," he kissed your head again and stroked your hair as you finally let sleep overtake you.

A/n: I know this one was a bit short but I thought the idea was cute. Gotta love a soft Morgan.