Spencer Reid- First Date

You and Spencer have known each other for years. So why are you so nervous to go out on a date with him? It was like all the other times you went out to dinner with him, except this time it wasn't just as friends, but why does that make so much of a difference?

It took a while for the two of you to admit your feelings for one another, but it happened one night, and now you two were going out on your first date.

It was an awkward day at work for both you and Spencer because tonight you'd be going out to dinner together. You would glance at him only to see him doing the same thing, and then you'd both look away awkwardly. He did come to your desk to give you a cup of coffee during lunch, but only a few words were exchanged in that brief, awkward interaction.

Finally the end of the day approached. You just changed in the bathroom because it was late enough to where it would be pointless to go home and change. You wore something slightly less casual, but nothing super fancy either, and then you applied some extra makeup, but again nothing to overdue it.

You met Spencer outside the restaurant. His eyes softened when he saw you, "you look wonderful," he complimented, sending a slight blush to your cheeks.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Spence."

You two got a table at the back of the room, and you studied the menu for a moment before the waitress, a pretty girl around your age, appeared at the table.

"Can I get you two anything to drink?" She asked cheerfully, glancing a little too long at Spencer.

"I'll have a coke," you said.

"Same here," Spencer added.

You cracked a small grin when she left, leaving Spencer to raise his eyebrow in question.

"She was checking you out," you smirked. You didn't feel jealous, because Spencer had made it clear that you were what he wanted.

"No she wasn't," he looked slightly embarrassed.

"Mmhm, you're more attractive than you give yourself credit for."

He fiddled with his fingers, letting the conversation drop. That led to a few moments of uncomfortable silence between the two of you, you guessed that the nerves of a first time date were starting to kick in again.

"So um- the weather..." he started.

"The weather?" You asked, looking up at him.

"It's uh- nice?" he swallowed and then stared at the table in silence.

Thankfully the waitress came back with the drinks. You glanced at the menu, just deciding to go with a burger and fries, you weren't that hungry anyways. Spencer got a chicken cesar salad. When she left again you felt the awkward energy around you become more pronounced. You took a sip of the coke just for something to do.

You saw Spencer run his knuckles against the side or the table. You could tell he was trying to rack his brain for something to say. You smiled shyly at him, "guess that big brain of yours doesn't really help you with dating does it?"

Spencer matched your shy smile, "I guess not."

You reached for his hand, running your fingers over his knuckles, "just be yourself."

He nodded, slowly closing his hand around yours. You smiled at the warmth of his hand.

"We should have went to the movies instead, that doesn't allow for talking," you said after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, we probably should have done that."

The waitress came with the food, so the both of you just focused on eating instead of talking, which was fine with the both of you. You took your hand away from his and popped a fry into your mouth.