Xav & Xan's 20th <3

A/N - it's May 27th 2023 which means it's actually their 20th birthday today 🥹🥹

(I'm too attached to these characters it's not healthy)

I love every second of this scene it's long so enjoy 🫶🏾

~~~

Xander

If there was one thing in my life that was both a blessing and a curse, it was being an identical twin.

You had a clone of yourself who knew you better than anyone else, who had been glued to your side since the day you were both born.

The downside?

He'd been glued to my side since the day I was born.

And with our twentieth birthday being next week, I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that we'd been by each other's side for twenty fucking years.

Pat on the back for me.

"Twenty years around the sun with my favourite person, I'll cry", and I'd gouge out my fucking eyes if he said something sappy like that again.

"Shut up Xav", I muttered, shovelling a forkful of pancake into Jax's mouth and looking opposite me at my twin, "I'll kick your ass if you cry".

I wouldn't, he could drop to the ground and sob and I'd probably comfort him, but he didn't need to know that.

"So you guys aren't telling anyone what you're doing for your birthday?", Addy asked, resting her head on my brother's shoulder to which he smiled; Jax and I had been dragged on a 'double date' as if we didn't spend most days with the two of them anyway.

"Only you two", I shrugged, "and you're sworn to secrecy".

"Lips are sealed", Jax nodded, making a point by pretending to lock them and throw away the key. I tried to hide my smile, tried and fucking failed, which only resulted in Xav laughing at me from across the table.

"Zane's gonna kill us man", he grinned, sipping his strawberry milkshake- I say sipping as if he didn't nearly finish the entire thing in one go, "they're all gonna kill us".

"We're leaving them a note that says we're not dead", I shrugged, leaning back and placing a hand on my boyfriend's thigh under the table, "what more do they want?".

"A lot more than that", he muttered, "do you know who will kill us?". I knew the answer without a doubt in my mind.

"Bella", I replied and he hummed; did I kinda feel bad about leaving our sister behind and out of the loop? Sure.

Did that change my mind?

Not at all.

"I think she'll be okay", Jax shrugged, "we'll make sure of it". My heart fucking constricted in my chest, I don't think I could love him any more than I already did.

"Well I think you two will have a great time", Addy smiled, rolling her eyes when Xav stabbed his fork into her waffle and took a mouthful, "really?".

"I'm a growing man", he surrendered, "where do you think I got all this?". I ducked my head when he rolled up his sweater sleeves and started flexing his muscles, you couldn't bring him anywhere, I swear to fuck.

"I love you more and more every day", Addy sighed and I scoffed in disgust, "as if you two aren't completely attached to each other". I glanced at Jax and he shrugged sheepishly, we both knew she was right.

"So now that we've established we're all whipped, I say we-,", the ringing of his girlfriend's phone cut him off and he watched her when she answered, frowning at the same time she did.